It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are all predictions bad?

page: 1

join
share:
dz

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Terrorist strike this.. asteroid attack that.

Can't there be a good prediction?

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Maybe its a trend now with all these wars and things not much happiness or good will come soon, see i am a pessimist

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I predict a flower will bloom tomorrow.

Nothing fun about predicting that now is there.? But, there are alien predictions... I personally think those are good predictions.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I predict that in three and a half hours time I will be standing at the bar of a famous tennis centre, still perspiring but enjoying a bubbly as the spoils of victory.

I also predict a flowering plant will die tomorrow.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by dz
Can't there be a good prediction?

Why?

What's the fun in that?

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I've wondered that myself as well, but then you have to realize that no one is really interested in reading about good predictions. It's always the bad ones that catch peoples attention, and almost always the bad ones that people seem to believe.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Here is a prediction that will come true: I will be in bed in about 10 minutes. :-D

[Edited on 6-3-2004 by EmbryonicEssence]

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
I also predict a flowering plant will die tomorrow.

Is this plant you see dying a Sunflower??? Please please do not let it be my sunflower!!! please oh please... Oh gosh and I thought the three asteroids hitting the earth this month were bad!

Well, what would you consider a good prediction? We will discover a cure for the common cold in August.... But, then I predict a worse one will come out..

Or, how about look at the bad predictions in good light... Ok, so they predict that an asteroid will take out the earth. Well, jsut predict that it will not happen to your side of the earth. Or 10% will live... just don`t predict 90% will die... ha ha

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I was 50/50 on the tennis in match play, although the team won.

It's not tomorrow yet. I'll go out and destroy a flowering cactus to avoid the misery that could be caused by the untimely demise of a sunflower, to restore botanical karmic order to things.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Predictions are mostly the dark part of ourself and how it sees the world, deep inside we love bad things and bad omens it feeds on our happiness.

Just a joke.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 08:28 AM
link   
MA - It is ok... no need to worry.. There is an old Daisy that is on her last pedal that has volunteered to bite the dust for the sunflower.......

Let the cactus live ... I repeat.. let the cactus live....

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 08:46 AM
link   
problem with "good" predictions is that they tend to be personal and only affect a few. Not everyone is gonna be happy when something good happens for someone else.

however I do predict that at least 100 babies will be born today who will bring lots of happiness to 100 families and countless relatives.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 08:51 AM
link   
They are mostly wrong, because they are guesses, there is to much left to chance, chaos. Only if you know for sure, can you make a good perdiction.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Good "predictions" are simply too dangerous if you're wrong about them.
Bad "predictions" are not a big problem if you're wrong.

Tell someone he'll get a hamburger for dinner, he'll be happy when he get something better, a phat steak.
Tell someone he'll get a phat steak for dinner, he'll hate you when he get something worse, a hamburger.

Giving peoples false hope is worse than scare them for nothing. I know that's a silly example but I hope you get the point, you just don't mess with good predictions, the fear of being wrong is worse.

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I wouldn't mind a prediction from that Southbeach guy saying I was going to win Mega Millions this week..

new topics

top topics

join