It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you think HADES/HELL/etc is real? Or a made-up thing?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by wayaboveitall
Any GOD im willing to beleive in, would not create hell as described by people, if at all.
Hell is a human concept, and a human construct, born of our own negativity.

exactly!!

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by nomorecruelty

2 worthy animals or 7 either way we would all be super retards

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   

and your blind faith is a reflection of your own gullibility

[edit on 1-4-2010 by ashanu90]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Hey, long time lurker, first time poster. I'm agnostic. I believe in life after death and souls. I believe in the power of "thought creates physical reality". However, I refuse to believe in the almighty, all-knowing, lightning bolt tossing, sitting-on-a-puffy-white throne of clouds, pervert, loving, caring "god". I believe we came from somewhere (spirit world), we came from something (mass of conscious, non-caring, non-emotional, non-personified energy of which we return after many reincarnations), and I believe that if I'm wrong...oh well; I'll find out when I get there. I'm not going to live my whole life worshiping something/someone that no one can prove to me exists.

That said, if Jesus appeared in my office right now and told me otherwise, I'd follow the bible (to the "T") for the rest of my life (rape, slave owning, the whole bit).

I do not believe in "hell" for one basic reason. It is deemed the "lake of fire and sulfur that burns for all eternity" where you will "feel the pain of a million embers on your brow and the fire of the damned will rot away at you forever". Fire, burning, physical torture and pain...all PHYSICAL, not spiritual sensations/actions/etc.

If you turn your stove on (providing it runs on natural gas) and fire comes out of the burner, that's physical.

If you then stick your hand in this fire (physically), you feel the pain of the burn (again, physically). Now, by YOU I mean your body (yes, still physical).

Now then, when we die we are buried or cremated. Our body is buried or cremated. If you dig up someone who died in 1902 after murdering babies, there are remains in that coffin that can prove to you that the physical body in that grave is of the person that died. Their physical body is in the ground.

How then, I ask, would that person (if he had murdered babies with rusty pitchforks) be burning in hell for all eternity? Burning takes place on a physical level. His "burning receptor" is here, plain as day, not on fire.

I just don't buy it. Not for a minute. Scare tactics I say.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jaysinn

Hey jay, welcome to ATS....

I wish you well on the boards...

Thank you for taking time to post!

OT

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
How is it that you believe Hell does not exist? Hell is a place of great torment, yes, but it is not a prison full of little red horned men with pitchforks and hooves. It is the relm God created for those who do not wish to be connected to him and be with him. In the old testament Hell is not called Hell, it is the furthest plane of heaven from God where his light does not reach; those that go there have the least faith and connection with God. The "newer" versions of Hell were made to seem more sinister because it helped spread the word of faith to those who did not believe. It was never a power grab by Christ, only by men who sought power and wealth. God does not want a single soul to be disconnected from him, but he gave us the choice.

I assure you Hell is as real as Heaven, it is part of it. I assume, spending an eternity disconnected from the high father would be the worst torture imaginable; no love, no light, no happiness. No thank you.

So for those who do not believe and chastise us, go ahead, we will continue to pray for you as we don't want you to go to Hell either.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

It's about the lower Astral worlds. Indeed one can become "trapped" there, in rare instances (which is how you get ghosts, discarnate entities, etc) but it is not, i repeat NOT the fate of all "sinners" to go to hell.

There is a thing called reincarnation, in case the entire Western world hasn't noticed, which is what really happens some time after death. The Catholic Church was actually to trap people's Minds! They took out the majority of references to reincarnation from the Bible.

If you don't believe me, then think where would the Church be if it hadn't scared billions of people into joining, due to the "fear of Hell"? So, while there IS a Lower Spiritual world that fits the exact description of Hell, they have lied to us about the reasons that would lead one to Hell. It's classic "Babylonian fear-mongering"!

Unless you're as bad as a Hannibal Lecter-type serial killer, you shouldn't worry about being trapped in the purgatory of the Lower Astral Hells, when you are in between lives...

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Heaven and Hell is all too real. If it wasnt, then where would our concience go after death? It has to go somewhere, and we would probably all be depressed
if there was nothing after death. I know I would be. If there was nothing, why would the dying man scream out that he was in hell?

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Hell is a state of mind IMO.
I don't believe anything the bible has to say, and want none of it.

It IS however the best selling fiction book in history.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Well i've been to hell and remember some of it so i know it exists.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Hades and Hell are definitely made up by to keep the masses under control. However, everybody should be aware that good and evil do exist - the question is what is good and what is evil - it all depends on which side of the gate you stand.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by dww25

What a fatalistic, sad worldview?

I'm glad i have seen goodness first hand...

ru ready to say hitler was 'right', 'good' if he would have won WW2?

You have not thru what your liberal education taught you?

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by dww25
Hades and Hell are definitely made up by to keep the masses under control. However, everybody should be aware that good and evil do exist - the question is what is good and what is evil - it all depends on which side of the gate you stand.

Gotta disagree - "which side of the fence you are on" is a secular observation. Satan wants you to think that hell is just a matter of "opinion".

Have you not noticed how believers are treated - today and in our history? Even on ATS, we get verbally attacked, threads with anything to do with the "Bible" or "God", unless it's a negative thread against God, sometimes mysteriously disappear into the bowels of BTS?

Look around - satan doesn't bother the non believers - they appear to be cruising through their lives, living it up and looking like they are having a grand old time.

That appearance will deceive you every time. As long as satan can convince people that hell isn't really a "real" place, he has them right where he wants them.

I.e. he won't mess with non believers - he knows he has their soul already.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   

I think it's a state of mind.

One can live in heaven or hell on earth and many people are in hell right now.

It's a concept that couldn't be put into words so people back then made them places as opposed to states of mind.

And now people take it all far too literally.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   

your bible states that at the end there will be a great battle (similiar to viking ragnarock) and the fairy tale known as satan will be destroyed so whats the point of bringing people to hell if your not going to be around to enjoy their suffering?

maybe you should look up a post labeled christianity a copy of pagan beleiefs or something like that

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Hell is a concept created to scare people into becoming Christians. In her book, "Reincarnation, The Missing Link In Christianity." Elizabeth Clare Prophet explains that reincarnation was removed from the Bible twice to get more converts to Christianity. This negates the need for a hell. Those responsible for this removal of reincarnation were The Council of Nicene, 325 A.D. and Emperor Constantine of Constantinople in 1200 A.D.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Larry2323

interesting can you direct me to some sites about this reincarnation subject? i dont believe in it but if it is something this council thought to leave out of the bible then it must have been an important concept at least

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Considering that there is an UP, and all that it contains, and a BELOW and all it conatains. Speaking of the last which is the BELOW, well if there is a hell so to speak,,, ThenIi would guess we are right on top of it and if that is so then we all maybe experiencing it until we can rise above and away from it.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I don't know if this has ever been discussed. But has there ever been any "tests" per se. For example, what comes to mind is an episode of House.

House sees a patient in clinic who pulls out a knife and sticks it in the wall socket right in front of him. House manages to revive him and the patient admits he was in a car accident a few days previous and experienced a near death experience. He reports it was the happiest that hes ever been and wants to replicate the experience.

Later, when Wilson accuses House of not knowing for sure whether there is an afterlife or not, House decides to find out for himself, and sticks the patient's knife in a wall socket (but not before paging Amber). She performs CPR and manages to revive him, though he suffered a burned hand and an extended loss of consciousness.

Has something like this ever been tried?

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaliLove310
I don't know if this has ever been discussed. But has there ever been any "tests" per se. For example, what comes to mind is an episode of House.

House sees a patient in clinic who pulls out a knife and sticks it in the wall socket right in front of him. House manages to revive him and the patient admits he was in a car accident a few days previous and experienced a near death experience. He reports it was the happiest that hes ever been and wants to replicate the experience.

Later, when Wilson accuses House of not knowing for sure whether there is an afterlife or not, House decides to find out for himself, and sticks the patient's knife in a wall socket (but not before paging Amber). She performs CPR and manages to revive him, though he suffered a burned hand and an extended loss of consciousness.

Has something like this ever been tried?

im sure there were some experiments but i doubt if they were succesful.
i recall back in the 90s there was some movie about college students shocking each other to death and reviving each other to see what happens
i dont remember what it was called though

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join