It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you think HADES/HELL/etc is real? Or a made-up thing?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by nomorecruelty

and theres also reports that the columbine shooters didnt listen to marilyn manson

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by nomorecruelty

Howevahhhh....... the Bible says that some of these same people will fight tooth and nail til the very end - against Jesus.

yes 'the bible says'
the bible says alot of things it also says bats are fowl(birds) and that eagles carry their young on their back

typical that you would just crack open the bible and quote scripture left and right

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   

the bible didnt mention alot of animals to really expect the writer to actually label every animal in existance? is the giraffe mentioned in the bible? how bout t-rex? what about anteaters?

your point in invalid

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ashanu90
reply to post by piedsniper

wow great video id like to see christians try to debunk that

They won't they'll pretend it doesn't exist or sponsored by Satan lol, you have to bare in mind the chrisitian trump card " satan wants you to think he's not real" and so he wrote the bibles lol.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   

the bible didnt mention alot of animals to really expect the writer to actually label every animal in existance? is the giraffe mentioned in the bible? how bout t-rex? what about anteaters?

your point in invalid

Suffice to say the 2 cats on the ark (or 7 depending on which bit of bible) miraculously didn't get eaten by the T Rex, that's why they're still around.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   

lol

i wonder why they try to use the cat thing

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
also in the story of the arc two worthy animals of every kind were taken
if this true how did noah keep them from eating each other and his family?
what did his family eat?

also if there were only two of each kind that would create an enormous bottleneck and the animals descendant's would be incredibally inbred and so would naoh's descendants

we all know inbreeding causes health problems and mental illness

how come we and all the animal kingdom arent retards of epic proportians?

[edit on 30-3-2010 by ashanu90]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   

great point

they will never learn

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   

what did his family eat?

also if there were only two of each kind that would create an enormous bottleneck and the animals descendant's would be incredibally inbred and so would naoh's descendants

how come we and all the animal kingdom retards of epic proportians?

Maybe that's why over 90% of all species that ever lived are now extinct... Noah ate um on his boat!

/s

[edit on 30-3-2010 by ClinTrojan]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ClinTrojan

LOL!!!!!

but seriously if the arc was true humanity would have been extinct a long long time ago because we would be too retarded to take care of ourselves and others

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by nomorecruelty
Does it even phase you that you are comparing God, our Creator, to a human playing a video game?

You should ask yourself this pondering question............ how would *you* expect God to dole out punishment or accountability to humans?

You missed the point. Maybe read over it again. I was comparing the idea of somebody having complete power over a world (video game) with what is believed to be the God of our universe. The analogy fits because in both scenarios, the God in question has complete power and control over anything that is created in the respective world he governs.

I'm getting so fed up with these "beyond your comprehension", "you have no right to question" "how can you classify God in such a way" explanations. If God created us then he created our ability to doubt. He created our ability to move away from his teachings. He allowed us to be drawn to one of his fallen Angels. He gave us our ability to reason, question and consider things.

To allow even one of his creations to suffer eternal damnation because that creation was not able to comprehend his level of power in this physical world is not the actions of a just God. Like I said earlier a truly just God would not allow the existence of a place like Hell.

You can't have it both ways and say "God is righteous, just and fair and loves all his creations" and then say "you cannot comprehend how great he really is" when you encounter questions that challenge the way his existence has already been portrayed.

[edit on 31/3/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

YES MOST EXCELLENT POST

i have been wondering about this for a long time
why do christians believe in a god that judges your worth for your time of around 80 years?

christianity is #ed up and the only reason they say things like "i dont question god" is because they are to scared to think that he/she/it may not even exist

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ashanu90

Christianity is not the only religion that believes in a Supreme Deity. All the major religions should be answering these questions and preachers should try to explain why pain and suffering exists in a world their God created.

My questions come not from a rejection of God or a desire to live a sinful life without consequences. I believe that the existence or non-existence of God cannot be proven in this world in its current state. Perhaps some of the teachings have been distorted by mankind for purposes such as control and power? For example, the existence of a physical Hell (which also cannot be proven or disproved in this world) is a good way to make people live how you want them to.

[edit on 31/3/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
rink dinky doo hon kong phoey we love you hey

it says in the end times that the secret of god or the true nature of god is revealed we will know this before the start of the worst times begin

[edit on 3/31/2010 by dashar]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

i have a thread labeled is religion a tool to control the masses?

i think your input would be great for it if you would like to

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by dashar

it says in the end times [edit on 3/31/2010 by dashar]

as i said before to nomorecreulty crack open a bible and quote scripture

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
exactly why do people have 'faith'? especially in a piece of literature. Wish I was the writers agent

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by dashar

it says in the end times [edit on 3/31/2010 by dashar]

as i said before to nomorecreulty crack open a bible and quote scripture

Yes, ashanu, you seem to never be short on insults and verbal attacks.

And no, it doesn't bother me in the least what you say, or think - everyone is entitled to their own thoughts and views about things, and other people.

Whether you believe in God, Jesus or the Bible, is entirely up to you, and it doesn't, and won't, affect my destiny, or belief, in the least in regards to where your soul ends up. I can pray for your soul, and turn you over to God, and that's all I can do.

Now.......

I've responded to your insult(s), so you can now post your sarcasm so that your ATS friends can read it, and post their little laughing smileys, frowny and disgusted smileys, thumbs down, etc. icons all over their posts too.

Just keep in mind, your sarcasm and personal insults are only a reflection of *your* character and self respect.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   

what did his family eat?

how come we and all the animal kingdom arent retards of epic proportians?

[edit on 30-3-2010 by ashanu90]

If you seriously want to know ................

Genesis 7:2
Of every clean beast thou shalt take to thee by sevens, the male and his female: and of beasts that are not clean by two, the male and his female.

3Of fowls also of the air by sevens, the male and the female; to keep seed alive upon the face of all the earth.

I would imagine the purpose of bringing in 7 each of the clean animals, this would have provided food for Noah and his family.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Any GOD im willing to beleive in, would not create hell as described by people, if at all.
Hell is a human concept, and a human construct, born of our own negativity.
God represents life and love, not death.
The bible belongs soley to men, as does religion in general.
If God exist as a personification, then HE had nothing to do with that.
He needs to take a class action against humanity for slander.

[edit on 1-4-2010 by wayaboveitall]

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join