It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona Rancher's murder sparks calls to beef up Border Security by Napolitano

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Article:

Three members of New Mexico's congressional delegation have asked for an increase in the Border Patrol's presence, and former Colorado Rep. Tom Tancredo called on Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano to dispatch the National Guard to the Arizona border. Secretary Napolitano is under pressure to beef up border security in the Southwest in the wake of Saturday's killing of a rancher in southeastern Arizona.

The murder of the US citizen on his own property allegedly by an illegal alien (Mexican) has happen at an interesting time for Arizona and the Country.

1: For Sen McCain-it will most likely force him OFF the fence he has been sitting on-when dealing with immigration, which his opponent is hammering McCain on.

2: Arizona is currently preparing to vote on a sweeping immigration reform law due to what they feel is the lack of the Federal Gov't doing its job of keeping the border safe etc.

3: To the Obama administration as it begins to push for immigration reform-which then falls onto Congress.

former Colorado Rep. Tom Tancredo, an outspoken opponent of illegal immigration, called on Napolitano to "reject politics and do the right thing" by dispatching the National Guard to the Arizona border.

Makes me want to say: With friends like these who needs enemies.

Lets not let this Arizona Ranchers life be forgotten but rather a rallying cry to all US citizens. It is time to wake up and deal with the problem-not caving into it.

[edit on 3/29/2010 by anon72]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
If you are a white American citizen and caught trespassing on a ranch you will be arrested. the rancher may use a weapon to make the arrest if you resist.

And if you are a illegal alien caught trespassing on a ranch the rancher cannot arrest you. and if the rancher uses a weapon the rancher may be arrested.

Why the double standard.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Very excellent observation Anned. My thoughts exactly.

Same with the Border patrol folks-down there doing their jobs and they are tne ones who get bogus complaints and then arrested.

Crazy, all in the name of Political correctness aka-do anything, risk everything to get Democrates elected.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

We need someone in Washington with enough balls to say enough is enough and start securing our southern border.
I am all for LEGAL immigration but when Americans are being murdered on their own property by someone crossing the border it should be an international incident and not tolerated.

The problem is that it just doesn't fit in with the current political agenda. Apparently it's okay to kill a few innocent people as long as the poll numbers can stay up there.

I would really like to see a national vote on whether Americans would support placing the U.S. military on the border to secure it. I bet it would an overwhelming YES.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Yeah things are really heating up on the other side of the boarder...

In the latest flare-up of border drug violence, masked, heavily-armed men are torching homes, firing on shops and businesses and have killed at least three local politicians in a cluster of towns near the deadly drug war city of Ciudad Juarez, across from El Paso.

Reuters News

They don't care who what or where, get in their way and they will mow you down, on both sides of the line

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Americans have wised up to the Democrats now. It is going to be up to the illegal alien fraud voters to elect Democrats from now on.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I say that the following:
1) Enforce the laws that are on the books.
2) No more free passes for Illegale Immigrants, they cross, send then back, they do it again, go to jail, even threaten a military prison. Get tough make it known that we are getting tough, let them see that we mean business, and that it will no longer be tolerated.
3) Any company or business who employs illegale immigrants not only are shut down, but the owner goes to jail.
4) And I know this is lacking in compassion, but have ins right in the ers and hospitals, they come in for the health care, they get it and then are immediately deported.
By toughing up the fines and consequences and following through with the laws, then it will stop. Right now it is just a slap on the hand or a look the other way.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
It has been up to the illegals and the inelligables for awhile now. And when you have "hispanic" reps saying they won't sign Obamacare unless amnesty is promised, it's no small wonder things like this happen. Throw them bums out of office and send 'em to live with la razza, disgracefull traitorous scum that they are. The double standard exists because yet again we are being held hostage by pc crap emminating from the MSM..who gives a damn about names anymore? It's only words like racist that are overused and have lost all meaning.....send their asses back to Mexico and be done with it, the "legal " ones here that don't like it are free to move there as well. Oh, that's right, they won't be as well recieved. Don't give me this nonsense either about we stold this land, history is history, get over it already. If more of these sorry bastards were shot and dragged back across the border the world would be a better place.

[edit on 30-3-2010 by adifferentbreed]

new topics

top topics

join