It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal Court in Cedar Rapids Iowa

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Federal Court in Cedar Rapids Iowa

www.ryancompanies.com

LEED-certified federal courthouse in the heart of Eastern Iowa
The new U.S. Courthouse in downtown Cedar Rapids is to be built on a two-block site along 8th Avenue SE, between 2nd Street SE and the Cedar River, adjacent to the Great America Building and the Helen G. Nassif YMCA. The new 281,902-square-foot facility will have five courtrooms, and associated facilities for the U.S. Courts operations and ten other federal government agencies
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
So i live in cedar rapids Iowa. Last week when i was driving I noticed that a Federal Court was being built. It has the presidential seal and everything. It says "Property of the US Government No Trespassing. I thought that this was interesting since its not a state courthouse but a fed one. I know the feds have been here for a bit(due to drugs and whatnot) But the question is why build it here? Cedar rapids isnt even the capital. All iowa has is corn. Some think that they are going to bring terrorists here and try or hold them there. If one were to believe that events are going to go down in the near future then in a way this is freaky because we already have FEMA here due to the flood of 08.
Any thought?

www.ryancompanies.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I live in Des Moines, IA and I disagree were just corn lol. Interesting thread that caught my eye obviously because I live near. Weird that they would use the disaster relief fund from the flooding that destroyed the old courthouse to build a federal courthouse.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I did some reading around and found out that the courthouse is supposed to be finished in 2012 but to me it seems like it is well under way and could be finished earlier.
Im going to keep an eye on it and give updates

[edit on 29-3-2010 by Destiny Curious]

[edit on 29-3-2010 by Destiny Curious]

join