It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scarface School Play - A New Low

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
The kids and the parents seemed to love it.... where's the harm?

The harm is what you just wrote. As long as the parents seem to love it, everything is lollipops and rainbows?!? The kids are performing for the parents. What kid wouldn't want to make their parents proud, especially since they condone this. Do you think a CHILD at this age has the knowledge and wisdom to understand the seriousness of this? Do you think they can rationalize what they are acting out to real life situations? I don't think so.

Had this stayed out of the public view, then there wouldn't be such an outcry. Yet, some dufus had to upload it and allow it to go viral, which is the intent no doubt. And the reality is that this was done with the mindset that it would be controversial....causing it to become an even bigger "hit" if you will.

The simple fact is that these kids are being exploited simply for some ADULT's twisted desire for recognition.

I'll ask you this. If these same parents appluaded these kids engaging in simulated sex acts (why not, we've already had simulated language, violence and drug use/discusssion), would you still think that there's no harm?

I get the sense that there are many here that believe that if it's good enough for an adult, then it's good enough for a child.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

I spent several years as a child. I basically raised my younger siblings myself. I'm almost certain I've taken care of more children than you're even capable of spawning.

Kids are monsters, yeah. This is because their brains aren't developed enough to have an actual sense of morality. They're amoral creatures.

(text removed) I'm telling you that letting kids play does not hurt them. Even if what they're playing hurts YOUR easily-offended sensibilities based on a universe based on 50's television. I'm telling you that, left to their own play, children, especially boys, WILL come up with fairly bizarre and play-violent games.

(text removed)

Mod Edit: Courtesy is Mandatory -- Please Review

[edit on 3-30-2010 by chissler]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Hey they're just using their imagination, chu know what Im sayin mang?

First you get the money

Then you get the power

Then you get the woman

Then you go on to middle school

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
Kids are monsters, yeah. This is because their brains aren't developed enough to have an actual sense of morality. They're amoral creatures.

You just presented why many of us think this is just wrong. You're 100% correct; they are not at a point to understand the morality of what they are acting out. So what is the purpose of having them act in such a fashion?

Should we allow kids to engage in adult themes as long as the parents approve? And are you suggesting that kids, especially boys, will engage in such activities on their own without any influences from external sources (environment, TV, music, video games, home situation)?

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freenrgy2

The kids and the parents seemed to love it.... where's the harm?

The harm is what you just wrote. As long as the parents seem to love it, everything is lollipops and rainbows?!?

Well the parents decide what is best for their children, that's how it works.. and if they were happy for them to take part in this Play then what business is it of yours?

Do you think a CHILD at this age has the knowledge and wisdom to understand the seriousness of this?

Nope... and that's why it is harmless.

Do you think children understand the seriousness of crucifying a man on a cross and being told he came back to life? (Easter plays)

I think there is far More harm in that.

What if a child suddenly thought "maybe I can come back to life if I die?"

The simple fact is that these kids are being exploited simply for some ADULT's twisted desire for recognition.

Call Unicef man..... It's a travesty.

I'll ask you this. If these same parents appluaded these kids engaging in simulated sex acts (why not, we've already had simulated language, violence and drug use/discusssion), would you still think that there's no harm?

Now you're just being ridiculous.

And I wonder why this is in the hoax forum?

Perhaps it's not a real play?

Hmmmm I wonder.

[edit on 30/3/10 by blupblup]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Now you're just being ridiculous.

About as ridculous as you seeing that there's no harm in such a thing. And can you reply without having to start a discussion about religion. Kinda feels like you're trying to bait me to go down a road that I don't think has any bearing on this video.

If this would have remained out of the public eye, then why would I have cared what they did? But, the purpose of this was to let it go viral. In doing so, then it is logical that some people will like it, some wont and some just wont care. I'm in the "don't like" category.

And if you wish to live your life without morals and conviction, they go right ahead. But please don't tell me that I should find this harmless.

I think my question about simulated sex acts has merit and that the fact that you think it ridculous to ask says much about your views of the world.

I have yet to read a response, from any of you laughing off this video as nothing more than "child's play", on where you would draw the line.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Freenrgy2

So you're saying the religion point has no bearing and you're asking where people would draw the line... yet you bring simulated sex into it?

Why does there have to be a line to be crossed... why do we have to push this to the absolute extreme?

It is what it is..... deal with it... the Legal guardians of those kids did.
So why can't you oh moral and mighty one?

What do you think of kids in real movies who actually swear and so on?

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Kids are innocent, they don´t want to do harm to anybody and they can do horrible things without understanding what have they done.

They´re the happy type, they don´t mean bad to noone. They´re annoying as hell.

But we´re getting a tad off-topic here so.... i have no idea what to post that won´t get me a mad response..... ah, the video is amusing.

[edit on 30/3/10 by Bildeberg]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowAngel85

Originally posted by Freenrgy2
The fact is that a group of people are teaching them about subject matter that is entirely inappropriate for their age group.

I think before we argue about some harmless stageplay, we should first ban the real monster who brainwashes little children: Religion.

A++++++++

Start from the basics, we can worry about school plays later.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I LOL'd when I first seen this video but it's actually really sad how bad these kids parent's are.

btw this wasn't a school play...

"That hysterical (or horrifying) version of "Scarface" making the rounds with grade school kids playing all the parts and spewing the f-word..."fudge" -- yeah, it's not an actual school play. Instead, it's the work of director Marc Klasfeld and Rockhard Films who did the videos for Lady Gaga's "Pokerface" and Adam Lambert's "For Your Entertainment." It was produced in L.A. within the last few weeks and the audience members were a mix of cast family members, colleagues and friends. As for Lil' Tony and his co-stars, they were selected through a casting agent known for finding child actor look-alikes for adult stars."

www.tmz.com...

[edit on 30-3-2010 by Jay Electronica]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
reply to post by Mr Mask

I spent several years as a child. I basically raised my younger siblings myself.

Did you also force them to perform sexual/violent movies so you could make a buck?

If so...well you belong in the same prison these parents belong in.

I'm almost certain I've taken care of more children than you're even capable of spawning.

Possibly true...who knows how many I could spawn anyways?

But, I can assure you I have worked with thousands of children from various states across america...

Does that help support my point? Nope...not at all.

But it does show how pointless your whole "I took care of more children then you can spawn" comment was.

Lets see...an adult trying to sell the idea that kids are monsters and amoral...nice.

I wonder, since they are "monsters" is THAT the reason it is OK to force 8 year old children to perform acts where they are portraying "sex, murder. drug use etc"?

The kids are bad, so lets $%#@% them up more by forcing them to entertain adults?

Lets not even look at the long long list of child star actors who had their lives destroyed by becoming childhood stars...I'm sure your not interested in that problem or how it resurfaces every few years with a drug overdose, molestation charge, suicide or murder.

Like you said...the little brats are all evil....even at 8. And how do you know?

Because you raised siblings as a child yourself.

Well buddy...here is some news for you that you may find shocking.

"by your law on children, you raised those children wrong. You were a monster raising monsters. So, in effect, all those kids were raised by a monster and not given a proper upbringing. Those poor kids...I feel so sorry them having to be raised by a self admitted child-monster".

As for your claim that I cheer for child abuse?

Bever said you cheer it...I said you defend it.

And you do.

Pull your head out of your goddamned ass, stupid.

The guy who says "all children are evil monsters" thinks I'm stupid.

That is adorable.

I'm telling you that letting kids play does not hurt them.

What about giving the children a script containing use of coke, rape, sex, murder and vulgarity and forcing them to perform it?

Is that "children playing" or just "adults molesting children for their own selfish needs?

Seeing as you assume children to be "monsters" I think I know your answer.

Even if what they're playing hurts YOUR easily-offended sensibilities based on a universe based on 50's television. I'm telling you that, left to their own play, children, especially boys, WILL come up with fairly bizarre and play-violent games.

Sigh...let me help you understand this small point (though I guess I will fail since your mind can't grasp that children are not monsters)-

THIS EFFECTS MY CHILDREN and all children.

I am sorry if you do not see how...but frankly, it don't matter, after all "you already assume children to be guilty of amorality and call them monsters".

Your opinion on raising children is void at that statement there.

I would fear for my child under your care.

if you're an expert in Child psychology, you need to go get a refund, becuase that correspondence course did no good for you.

Sigh...and if you are raising children with the disposition that they are monsters filled with evil, then you need to be investigated and possibly imprisoned or placed in therapy.

And that there is a FACT.

Good day.

PS-as for telling me to grow up...I'm afraid it is very clear that you are the "young pup" here with little or no concern for the world's children. If growing up means turning a blind eye to child abuse...sorry, I refuse to grow up.

Good day

[edit on 30-3-2010 by Mr Mask]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   

So you're saying the religion point has no bearing and you're asking where people would draw the line... yet you bring simulated sex into it?

Why does there have to be a line to be crossed... why do we have to push this to the absolute extreme?

It is what it is..... deal with it... the Legal guardians of those kids did.
So why can't you oh moral and mighty one?

What do you think of kids in real movies who actually swear and so on?

You're funny....

I've already addressed this in a previous post. (kids cursing in movies)

People profess to having morals without religion all the time. You think differently?

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ALLis0NE

Not only is this disturbing

but those kids are bad actors, and whoever the adult was that directed it needs to be fired.

If you're going to allow such a violent and vulgar play, at least put some effort into it.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Since you seem to think this is "real" could you please get me an article from an accredited site to prove it?? Otherwise all your bickering is meaningless and this whole thing can be chalked up to a family having a good time.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoJoker13

Since you seem to think this is "real" could you please get me an article from an accredited site to prove it?? Otherwise all your bickering is meaningless and this whole thing can be chalked up to a family having a good time.

Do you NOT see real children acting out scar-face?

I'm serious.

Where is the fakery?

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Ya I agree with you. People take things way to seriously. I mean like you said, 1. is this even a school? If it isn't throw all this talk out the window, especially if this was a family event. Also I doubt these kids even understand what they are doing. I mean did anyone truely understand a rated R movie at that age? I snuck around and watched quite a few when I was young, other then the nudity, everything else went right over my head!
Geez rediculous, someone open a window in here its stuffy and smells like old farts.

[edit on 30-3-2010 by NoJoker13]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by NoJoker13

Really, I said I think this was real?

Please, put words in my mouth in order to justify your immoral position.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Ya I do but if this isn't a school system I'm sorry but there isn't an arguement here. A family can do whatever they please, especially when no one is actually getting hurt and nothing really vulgar is involved. I mean do you honestly think these kids understand everything they are doing? If you do I'd love to be the child you were, where they understood everything at 7 years old. There was nothing in that scene that was any more vulgar or brutal then playing cops and robbers or cowboys and indians.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   

O well you act like it sorry. I mean I'd really love to blow my lid over something completely fabricated. Also you get me that article where it says this happened in a school? Either that or get me something stating parents can't let there kids do a nonviolent recreation of Scarface?

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoJoker13
reply to post by Mr Mask

Ya I do but if this isn't a school system I'm sorry but there isn't an arguement here. A family can do whatever they please, especially when no one is actually getting hurt and nothing really vulgar is involved. I mean do you honestly think these kids understand everything they are doing? If you do I'd love to be the child you were, where they understood everything at 7 years old. There was nothing in that scene that was any more vulgar or brutal then playing cops and robbers or cowboys and indians.

OK, I get it now...Scarface is nothing more than a modern day cops and robbers game. That explains why I'm all hosed up. Thank you for making that crystal clear.

Oh, what does "nothing really vulgar" mean to you?

[edit on 30-3-2010 by Freenrgy2]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join