It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fall of the American, and The Rise of the American't!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Alright this topic has been on my mind for quite a long time. I've been a member here at ATS for about a year and been an observer here for just about 4 years. In that time I've been seeing a strikingly disturbing trend, what I call... the fall of the American and the rise of the American't. What I mean by this isn't the easiest thing to explain and when the trend started is also up for discussion (Since America constantly goes through a love/hate relationship with it's citizens). So to start I believe we are in a crucial time in our country's either developement or fall which most here also believe. I although, unlike most here, think things are going to get MUCH MUCH BETTER, which brings me to the disturbing trend I'm seeing. Most here on ATS and most here in the country believe America is going to fail and most are even betting on it!! How rediculous is that? American's openly discussing the end of the country I hold so dear and the country that I treat like family! What ever happened to the American dream? What ever happened to America the beautiful where you could find a life like none other in the world? You know what happened to it? Nothing!! It's still here right in front of your eyes! The country I love where anything is possible, this country is still alive and well. Now many here would argue otherwise but I beg to differ. You tell me another country in the world where our exact same American way of life can be recreated? You can't because there isn't, there is only one America, only one true home of the free. This country isn't going to get anywhere discussing Republican and Democrat. The only way to get ahead is to realize we are all AMERICANS and that this country is nothing without exactly that... AMERICANS! To the world we're all thrown into the same pot, not called by name but instead called Americans, whether it be filthy, stupid, ignorant, bull-headed, aggressive, barbaric, or any other type of adjective used by other countries to describe an American (Sorry their derogatory adjectives but thats usually how other countries view us.). So as you can see to the world we're all one so why can't we be that here? Also do you know why a person or country would say derogatory things about someone or another country? Usually their jealous! Thats right jealous. Because their country isn't ours and they wish they could have the American way of life that we do or they equally hate us for our way of life but thats how things go can't make everyone happy (But you can make most). So nows the time to get off that band wagon, stop living by the newest American motto that "Ignorance is Bliss!" and go out there and take YOUR country back. Stop listening to bickering news reporters, stop believing that it won't get better. Nothing is going to get better by having arguements, everything will get better if we believe in ourselves and this country. Love everyone and hope for a better tomorrow! Positive thinking can help more then most think.

Mods feel free to move if this is the wrong forum... a sorry in advance.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
No, I want the red pill.

I want to see Wonderland and see how deep the rabbit-hole goes.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

That may be but are you willing to accept that the red-pill leads no where? There isn't any wonderland and everything is exactly how it seems.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I, for one, am pretty pessimistic about the current state and future direction of our country. I agree that arguing Republican vs. Democrat, conservative vs. liberal, etc. is not helping. I believe that the US and every other country in the world have a common enemy. An enemy that is using worthless fiat currency as a means to enslaving us all. They have it down to a science. Divide and conquer is a useful tactic to them, since they are vastly outnumbered.

They have a very effective strategy for putting countries under their thumb. Step one, corrupt the leaders. If the top people can’t be bribed with their endless supply of fiat currency, assassinations are attempted. If that fails, use “economic sanctions” to encourage the people to replace the leaders with someone more susceptible to corruption. If all else fails, direct military invasion. Even a cursory glance at the 20th century will show how successful the strategy is.

In the US, there seems to be no shortage of corrupt leaders and legislators. A non-corruptible leader is either marginalized, framed, or eliminated. Our “representatives” aren’t representing us; they represent the interests of the people that fund their campaigns.

Some may say I’m just a slightly wacko conspiracy nut, if they are being kind. But one motto I live by is, “Results Count”. This is supposed to be a free country, but can you really live free here? If you own a home, you have to pay tax on it. Where I live, and in many other areas, you have to pay a stormwater management tax. They are lobbying hard for a carbon tax. So you have to pay to live on the ground you own, a tax for the water that falls on your roof, and soon a tax for the air you breathe. Now, thanks to the insurance bailout, you have to pay just to be alive. You have to pay them in the fiat dollars that they create out of thin air. We have to work our butts off to get those fiat dollars. So, in essence, we have to work for them so they will give us credits that we have to give back to them.

I used to play competitive chess. There comes a point in the game when you can look at your position on the board, and knowing the skill level of your opponent, you know that you are lost. You can play it out, hoping for a miracle, but the end is inevitable. This will never again be a country where you will be able to just buy a piece of land, raise your own food, and not have to pay someone for the privilege of being alive. We will be born into debt slavery, and it will stay that way until we die. And it’s not just here in the US, it’s a fate that awaits the entire human race. It’s a multi-generational plan, and it’s progressing nicely. It could only be stopped by a multi-generational plan, but here in the US, people have a hard time thinking beyond next week. I don’t really blame people for that, though. You have to think short term when you’re in survival mode, as so many people are today.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by VictorVonDoom

I agree with everything you said. Heh doesn't come very often someone see's the state of the union exactly as pesimistic as I do. But on one end you have me thats positive about the situation and on the other you have yours the side that fears the situation is doomed. The chess comparison really hit home for me,
, how many times can I count that I've been in that place on the board and thought all was worthless and I can understand your stance that much more by it. But again I'm going to have to be positive and think that we will one day have land that we can just buy and not have tax on and not to have senseless taxes that we can't possibly be responsible for such as air and carbon. If anything this should be a Merchant tax, which brings us to the same problem but now with higher priced consumer spending; Which could be combated by regulations in production. Clearly we all need to purchase product so consequently we all are slaves to a system it's been this way since the beginning of time(At least for man). What I'm saying is that we need to find a common ground because we're all in the end Americans, regardless of profession or status or who's in charge. I believe we will become a prosperous nation once again and like I said I'm happy about where we're going because things will get better.

[edit on 29-3-2010 by NoJoker13]

[edit on 29-3-2010 by NoJoker13]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by NoJoker13

I wish I could share your optimism about a prosperous America, but I don't think those working against us are as interested in prosperity so much as they are efficiency. Plus, it's not just the US they are concerned with, but the entire world. Their vision of a homogenized plantation requires that the US must become poorer as the rest of the world becomes more prosperous. I'll be the first to say that eventually, inevitably, there must be a one world government. But I don't think the ends justifies the means in creating it. If the only way to unite the human race is through lies, trickery, deceit and slavery, then maybe the human race doesn't deserve a place in the universe.

I guess in some ways I feel like I have the "luxury" of being pessimistic. I have more years behind me than ahead. I have no offspring for whom I have to be concerned about their future. The doom and gloom I see for the future wont be an issue for me in the long run. I suppose if I had children or was a younger man, I would feel obligated to take a more positive and proactive attitude. As it is, I can content myself just live out the rest of my days as comfortably and stress free as possible.

As I read this back to myself, it seems kind of sad in a way.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Truely i can understand the crushing battle between a positive and negative outlook. Let us not forget that one is born of love, and compassion; the other of fear. I remember reading the following poem long ago, and it has helped shape the steel resolve that i have today.
Good can triumph. But only if we try. What do we gain, if we give up and let it all burn?
Would you rather face your children's children and say "yes, that was my generation and i did nothing to stop it." Or, "yes, that was my generation...Though we failed, I did everything in my power to make a brighter future for you."

Edmund Vance Cooke (1866-1932)
How Did You Die?

Did you tackle that trouble that came your way

With a resolute heart and cheerful?

Or hide your face from the light of day

With a craven soul and fearful?

Oh, a trouble's a ton, or a trouble's an ounce,

Or a trouble is what you make it,

And it isn't the fact that you're hurt that counts,

But only how did you take it?

You are beaten to earth? Well, well, what's that?

Come up with a smiling face.

It's nothing against you to fall down flat,

But to lie there -- that's disgrace.

The harder you're thrown, why the higher you bounce;

Be proud of your blackened eye!

It isn't the fact that you're licked that counts,

It's how did you fight -- and why?

And though you be done to the death, what then?

If you battled the best you could,

If you played your part in the world of men,

Why, the Critic will call it good.

Death comes with a crawl, or comes with a pounce,

And whether he's slow or spry,

It isn't the fact that you're dead that counts,

But only how did you die?

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by VictorVonDoom

The difference in our stance is most likely that, the differences in our lives. I'm a young man only 25 and I'm married with a daughter, so for me a failed world isn't an option. Thanks again for the piece of mind victor.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by blood0fheroes

Brilliant poem and I absolutely agree if we want everything to be good again we have to take it. The start to this is what I said in the OP, which was to believe things will get better and then after positive thinking comes positive doing. We must unite for the common good of all American's!

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by NoJoker13

That may be but are you willing to accept that the red-pill leads no where? There isn't any wonderland and everything is exactly how it seems.

Wherein lies the problem. Everything ISN'T exactly how it seems. Everything portrayed in the media, everything taught to us as children, everything we have come to know and love... all... lies.

And once you figure that out, you start to thinking - why? Why would they lie to us? What is in it for them?

Power, control, wealth. We all live our lives as we do now and struggle - while those in power rub their bellies and choke on our wages. Whatever happened to the American dream you ask? It was captured by a few and those few used their influence to make sure that that dream would never be available again - at least not in the way it was for them.

See, I think your logic is flawed. I think an AmeriCAN is a person who is willing to stand up for the American dream, claw for that dream, and help protect the foundations of the country in which it was created.

The AmeriCAN'Ts are those that would say "You can't change anything. Don't even bother. This is the way it is going to be and this is the way it HAS to be."
They have lost their individuality and they have lost the outlook to realize that life ISN'T about what other people tell you to do - it is about what you actually DO.

The problem is... when we don't do as others say, we get punished for it. When we speak out for some change we get ignored. When we clamor for help in tough times, they give it to big business.

Tell me, what is a word that can describe doing the will of others or being punished for it?

Slavery.

If you take a look around you and actually being to peel back the layers you will realize that America, and most other modern countries, are nothing more than the representation of new age slavery. They have won. They have enslaved the people by making them believe they are doing it of their own free will. They are raised to believe that this is how it was, how it is, and how it always will be. I beg to differ.

I'm the type of guy who they would much rather get rid off than to risk getting that cat out of the bag. Myself and so many others. It isn't that we don't love America, or that we aren't Americans - it is the fact that we see a brighter future than the one we live in. It is the fact that some of us are able to see the actual American dream and realize that most are in fact living today in the American nightmare.

AmeriCANs never back down and never say never.

AmeriCANTs have already given up and accepted their defeat.

I'm proud to be the former.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by gwydionblack

Geez it's getting far to easy for me to agree with people on this thread, I may be going insane.
But anyway I agree that if you want something back the way it was you have to work for and take it... claw, tug, and push your way through to make it happen. I think you've understood me to an extent but not fully. My definition of an American't is someone that believes this country is doomed and there isn't anything thats going to make it get any better, also people fighting to put this nation IN THE HOLE are also under the same name. An American to me is pretty much exactly what you said, someone who is willing to risk it all to take back the country they love so dear. My point of this thread is the first step, positive thinking. Quit thinking America is doomed and start to believe that things will get better, from there after your mind set has changed NOW you can move ahead and start to work toward a greater good in this country. I believe there is a better way to go about this then simply civil war. I believe if the entirety of USA were to think this way and show that they love this country and truely care for it and proved to the government that we are all one against these policies that strip us of our natural freedoms. Then the government will see we are a force that is immpossible to silence because everyone will be on the same wavelength. One Voice... the voice of the American.

[edit on 30-3-2010 by NoJoker13]

top topics

join