It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rothschild quartet helped China's Geely snare Volvo Cars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Rothschild quartet helped China's Geely snare Volvo Cars

www.reuters.com

LONDON, March 29 (Reuters) - One of China's most senior female bankers, two top Swedish industrialists and a childhood friend of London's mayor led the Rothschild team that helped Geely seal China's biggest-ever overseas autos takeover.

Signing the deal helps cement Rothschild's [ROT.UL] standing as the busiest adviser to the automotive industry -- and underlines the family owned bank's impeccable establishment credentials.

Even before the Volvo transaction, Rothschild had worked on $89.25 billion worth of auto deals over the last 12 months, according to Thomson Reuters data, more
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Even before the Volvo transaction, Rothschild had worked on $89.25 billion worth of auto deals over the last 12 months, according to Thomson Reuters data, more than any other bank. Recent clients include Volkswagen (VOWG_p.DE), BMW (BMWG.DE) and the British and U.S. governments.

Well the Dynasty not only runs the world banks but now it seems they lead the way in mergers by the biggest car manufacturers.

You got to hand it to them that they know where to deal.

I liked the part that recent deals were with the British and U.S. Governments - Gubmit Motors. I had a sneaking suspicion that when the U.S. Government bought into the car industry that there was more to it than met the eye.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 29-3-2010 by timewalker]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by timewalker

I liked the part that recent deals were with the British and U.S. Governments - Gubmit Motors. I had a sneaking suspicion that when the U.S. Government bought into the car industry that there was more to it than met the eye.

Interesting ideas there.

Maybe they were behind the deal in the first place, but if they were, there is clearly a concerted effort to cover it up and keep it low key.

I would love to see something like that get revealed though.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
It's not just this deal that stinks.

MG Rover, from the UK was a company that was producing quality cars, that went bust for £600,000,000.

Conveniently, when BMW wanted to sell MG Rover, it was forced by the British government, to give MG Rover's new owners £600,000,000.

However, BMW broke up the MG Rover Group sold off Land Rover to Ford, for a massive profit.

Conveniently, the new owners (Phoenix Consortium), couldn't keep the company afloat, despite being given three payments of £200,000,000.

Now, one wonders why, until you learn that the steel company providing the metals for the cars called in the creditors... to the tune of £600,000,000. This was done at the behest of BMW. It also turns out that the money the British public were told was "given" by BMW because the politicians DEMANDED it, was in fact a LOAN. A loan?

Ford sells Land Rover to India's TATA, and the british Government sells MG Rover to the Chinese.... hold the phone. What? The British Governement sold MG Rover??? How does that work? Phoenix Consortium were the owners, when I last checked.

Can you work it out?

Answers on a post card.

Something fishy is going on with the automotive market, before our very eyes, and we don't seem to have worked it out yet.

[edit on 29-3-2010 by dampnickers]

top topics

join