It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help Big Brother ~ Report Your Neighbor ~ Save The Environment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4a8a0606a3f0.jpg[/atsimg]

Enter EcoSnoop.com. Anonymously report those that are polluting and wrecking our environment.

EcoSnoop's mission is to help our communities heighten awareness of opportunities to be more green, save energy, eco hypocrisy, and even fill pot holes. Leveraging the power of the community, EcoSnoops use their an iPhone to capture clear pictures of a problem and post these pictures on a community website so that building owners and others can take action.

Have you ever..... Seen lights left on in a building, late at night, for no good purpose?

Noticed a door that never closes properly, wasting heat or air conditioning?

Observed a truck unnecessarily idling at a loading dock?

Been bothered by a broken sprinkler in a city park running non stop?

Complained about street lights left on all day?

Wanted a pot hole filled?

Solve Cases: Look through the cases to see if you can help connect the case to the company or government entity that is leaving lights on or wasting energy. You can copy the website link and send it to whomever might be able to resolve the issue. Please add a note to the Case so people know you are helping resolve the case.

Started with Earth's best interests in mind? I highly doubt it. In fact, it is for profit-

Contribute to EcoSnoop: We need cash to pay for development. Sending money to EcoSnoop is NOT tax deductable. But if we ever do charge a fee for the service (unlikely), we will credit your contribution back to you for that subscription. But as a second promise, we keep track of all the contributions and set aside that much profit when the time comes. We will host an online competition and donate the money to a good cause our community of users support. How about that?

In fairness, they do say this is NOT about reporting your neighbor-

Residences: The community will not seek or report on opportunities regarding someone else’s residences/homes. Personal privacy must be respected at all times.

Maybe...but we can add that to the platform later folks! Is the guy across the street using too much water? Report him!

Nice conditioning tactics

Just another cog in the wheel of getting us to spy on each other. Big Bro could use some help, come on, do your part. I could see an army of disgruntled employees putting this site to good use.

partially inspired by Chett's thread Here
www.ecosnoop.com:8080...

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Hmm...tricky one for my area.
I live in the sticks, right on a little canal. My neighbor can toss toxic waste on his ground for all I care, but the problem comes when it rains and that pollution enters into the canal, killing the fish, creating massive algae blooms, and basically making the whole place dead.

Damn right I would report him...its one thing to live in filth, its another to spread it.

As far as him wasting electricity...meh, its his electric bill.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Does anybody have Al Gore's address. Do not post it here. Look up there

give them a call.

Give them Al Gore's address and tell them there is a huge windbag spewing CO2 with vast amounts of hot air that is causing man made global warming.

Tell them you will forego any reward if they would only-

Shut this windbag up!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4a8a0606a3f0.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Yeah, this is a tricky one.

When it comes to reporting big corporations I'm all for it. Of course, that's what the EPA is for.

This is probably just a wannabe do gooder (isn't that what we are?) but it definitely bears watching. It's good you pointed it out.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
some of their propaganda to help us POLICE OURSELVES...

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
How could you question the works of our most benevolent government? Big Brother is doubleplusgood!

Heh. If no one else, then I at least amuse myself with vague Nineteen-Eighty Four references.

On a more serious note, I find it fairly disturbing that the government is quite literally telling people to spy on their neighbors. Sure, they'll say it's for a good cause, but don't they always? Even worse than the fact this is happening though, is that PEOPLE ARE ACTUALLY GOING TO DO IT.

So many people have been brainwashed that it's downright scary!

new topics

top topics

join