It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling all Telepaths

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Tykonos

none that heard/read of, but there is a documented case of some Spanish soldier that was teleported from his post from the Philippines to Mexico.. or something like that online.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I am a partial empath.

I say partial because it is uncontrollable! Sometimes I feel peoples feelings, sometimes I just KNOW how they feel...

I also have this weird ability to mimic anybody or anything I see, and understand EXACTLY how they feel when I mimic them. I've been trying to find something about this concept. I thought it could just be an ingrained ancestral ability from cavemen days to understand other cavemen.. But I don't know..

Anyone else know what I am talking about?

Edit to add: Sometimes this 'mimic" ability gets me in trouble. I find myself acting a certain way that a co worker acts or talks or behaves when im home alone or with other friends. I don't think like they do entirely, my beliefs are intact. I simply acquire their behaviors for a while. I know this is a typical thing amongst animals/humans, but I seem to be over the top with it... and it comes WAY too naturally!
edit on 17-11-2010 by Azjazzer8 because: Needed to add something to post

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Azjazzer8

Empathy is akin to telepathy I would think, but you might not like to know what some people really think or feel like, and we all have had these times and moments in our lives were the paths of others crossed our's, with disastrous results. It could even be mistaken and interpreted as depression and it is a sort of unwelcome felling's and thoughts. It could be just a place were you hang out, or at your job, or at the mall, or anywhere there is a mass of people, were the thought's and behaviors of those around you stifle you and you begin to emulate those thought's and feelings. If you can break free of that, you already are on another stronger path, for you did not get swept along. Some say that the human race is telepathic but it does not know it, or was suppressed by outside forces long ago, those people are known as nutters by the masses and status quo, but who knows, especially since the status quo has not really looked, because of fear..... Answer this question why is it that other creatures are not able to emulate as humans are capable of emulating and casting there consciousness in to other paths, or worlds, even the ethereal world of matter itself ie concepts such as atoms and electricity, and the unseen world of that which exists, but is not in our sight, from the very small like germs to the stars of the heavens. What exactly separates us from the other animals, they say brain size, but is that really all that separates us?

A person like KatePunch should be able to give you a better grasp of this empath thing, since she said she is deaf and said she has sort of telepathic grasp of how people communicate, and grasp's concepts without words. If she responds to this thread you should ask her.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I have found myself getting into long drawn out conversations with people who have lisps and by the end of the conversation I am speaking with somehwhat of a lisp. It reminds me of a Jerry Lewis flick. makes me feel pretty feeble minded as well but not as feeble minded as having a song stuck in my head and doing everything I know how in silence to make it go away and I'll hear a few seconds of silence and bam! it starts all over again. So annoying. I have listened to people talking all day, doing training and stuff and gone home and as i try to sleep i keep hearing them... not exactly what they are saying but pretty sure it's some of all they BS they were talking about just clattering in my head, like my brain was messing around with the record button all day so it could torture me later for torturing IT earlier! Our minds pick that crap up and hold onto it.

I think most people have the capacity for telepathy... I do believe it has happened to me. I can't say I have any idea how to control it if I can't even get a song out of my head without drowning it out with different songs. I think sometimes it just happens in a susceptible moment. i used to struggle with my thoughts a lot. I now believe I can't be held responsible for all my thoughts. I can't beat myself up for crap that pops into my head. What if it's not even coming from me? If telepathy exists (and I am certain it does) then thoughts can get into my head just as they can be projected from it, right? there is a difference between thinking something and feeling it, right? what if static just gets in there and makes crazy thoughts run together at times? A lot of times people can't even stop themselves from saying poorly thought out stuff, much less thinking it. To control all that would be nice. In a person who is highly telepathic to and fro... I wonder how difficult that would be... and to also be telepathic and witness that person try to lie. haha, that would be interesting. I hope for everyone's sake who has telepathy that it's easier to control than it sounds.
edit on 17-11-2010 by ChaosMagician because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-11-2010 by ChaosMagician because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   
How does one know they are telepathic? How do you guys know?

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by OleMB

From personal understanding and research..

you just do..

usually at the most awkward moments..
edit on 17-11-2010 by AnotherCLou because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by galadofwarthethird

Funniest thing just happened. I have been awake all morning with horrid stomach pains and cramps. As soon as I log on to ats and view your reply it instantly went away.

Anyways... I do suffer from depression, majorly so. I also suffer from random anger fits and random crying fits. Also, it doesn't help that when someone close to me has a bad. When that happens my depression shoots through the roof and I feel as they do, even while trying to avoid so.

I also HATE crowded places with a passion. The mall at Christmas time is the worst. However I do love to observe people when it's not crowded. People watching my mom called it, who I believed was also am empath but did not fully realize it. She also had an affinity for animals and I am discovering I have, as well as an understanding of children.

Edit to add: To those that have u2u me I am sorry I can not respond until I reach my 20 post minimum. I'm very sorry. But to answer your question,

I have an easy time putting myself in someone elses shoes. When I do so I can feel how they feel. I also have the talent to mimic someone and understand their ideas and thoughts. I do sometimes use this for poker, which is where I found I had this ability.
edit on 17-11-2010 by Azjazzer8 because: Add

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by OleMB

For me it's something you feel in the deepest depth of your soul. Others I have encountered found it by accident. I very adamantly believe everyone has these abilities but much like math and writing is more of a talent for others.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Azjazzer8

I dont believe being telepathic is necessarily a good thing, imagine if you will, that you knew how others think and feel, and imagine a mass of such thoughts and feelings entering your mind, it would litterlly drive you insane, first it would dawn on you, and slow your thought processes down to a crawl, pretty much like a computer with viruses and spywere, basically foreign programs or paths or pathway. We really can only just contain so much, information and feelings and sensations before we shut down, so we build thought walls and rationalizations of were we stand, ie our place as individuals in the mass of information, thoughts and sensations that we recieve daily, basically our place in the world, and when we sleep our subconscious fillters and constructs our timelines and action's in the waking world. That's why sometimes when our constructed timelines and action's don't go as planed, we get angry and frustrated, it reguires us to recreate new concepts of were we are, and what we should do.

So you see it's not that only a few have any sort of special power or whatever, we all can be empathic or even telepathic to certain degrees. It's basically comes down to...how much can you handle when it comes....Here are some questions that were possed to me by life in general, and my response to them..... What do people do when they get foreign feelings and emotions or thoughts in there mind and realisation dawns on them?.. they get bogged down, they get depressed.... And what happens when they get depressed, what is there response?..they construct rationalizations and rationalise there world even to the point of changing and messing with there containers ie there bodies, which is really the effect depression set into motion.. And what would be the point of all that pressure?..to get them to define reality by creating concepts and putting them into motion.

Now there are many more reasons that people get depressed, such as the death of a loved one you shared your world with... But when young and depression hit's, it usually means it's time to define your reality, cause and effect and all that, it pushes you to define reality by defining you place in reality, we all call life on planet earth now a days, you know the whole unknown world thing, and were you fit in this mass of the many ones. That's were groups and causes and everything comes along, such as schools and work and all other constructs, that the many ones have created to define themselves, to create there reality. I guess were like the grey's the nutters say exist, which I am not so sure that they do or don't exist. To some degrees we have a sort of hive mind I guess, but that could just be that were all on a rock floating in the void and we are part of a ecosystem, so we really have no choice. Who know's, now I'm starting to go into rant mode so ill end it here. Peace out.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I am a true telepath. Give me an item in your home, and it will be moved when you wake up in the morning. I can only do 2 people today.
edit on 17-11-2010 by nite owl because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by nite owl
I am a true telepath. Give me an item in your home, and it will be moved when you wake up in the morning. I can only do 2 people today.
edit on 17-11-2010 by nite owl because: (no reason given)

I always leave my phone on the night stand next to me on my left... Move it somewhere else obvious... in the kitchen perhaps?

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I believe I'm telepathic. I hear there are at least three types of telepathy. I also believe there is much more to telepathy but I can't explain it now. Anyways, this is my first post on ATS, I'm glad to be here!

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I was also wondering if it's possible for a telepathic communication through technology such as television or radio. No I'm not schizoid or mentally ill just wondering. Thanks

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by cuil1191
I was also wondering if it's possible for a telepathic communication through technology such as television or radio. No I'm not schizoid or mentally ill just wondering. Thanks

Pretty sure, yes. I'd say there's probably all sorts of ways to embed information into your mind. If they can do this with inaudible frequencies, I'm sure it would be no big deal to embed it and broadcast it.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
My experience with telepathy and send receive success experiments has come down to the following points. Unlike the movies I did not wake up on my 18th birthday after having a light shone on me to realize I had "super powers" that I did not have to work for.

I have approached increasing telepathic technique by figuring out what works through trial and error. My motivation is to evolve my consciousness and be more versatile in this life state.

Point 1. Connection:- In all the remote viewing successes I have had I have found that focusing on my connection and that feel of connection with the Anchor (sender) and the target has increased the rate of success for me.

Point 2. When I receive I see the points in my minds eye my description for my experience of this is to either get an outline of the object transparent and write it down. OR have words pop in my head.

Point 3 Recording:When I record my RV impressions I write down the words shapes etc in an unbiase way.

Point 4 Interpreting results: I try to put together all the impressions and go with a gut feeling before writing what I think/feel it is.

Point 4: The sender then gives me the image and we discuss the impressions I received and how they relate to the image. If they were very close these are called a hit or clue level. If its spot on its a direct hit.

Point 5: Learning to decipher my own mental images and record with practice has helped me and others I work with increase their send receive ability.

Ok so those are some of the points I wanted to share. What the ignorant of this ability assume is that if it is real its like an open radio no there has to be a anchor a way to connect to the target. I think this measure is evolutionary because without this rule one would slip into a state of overwhelming and random information.

It is your connection to those people and things around you that help you to receive the information from the unknown field of possibility. I am not discounting others experiences of telepathy and have experienced many facets of it myself however I have found the above points to be useful for my own send receive experiments. I hope this is helpful.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Yea, I myself am a telepath. I find it rather difficult to discuss with family members, but there are a few members of my family that support my gifts. What I find amazing is the frequent coincidences associated with being telepathic. Ranging from everyday conversion, etc.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join