It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling all Telepaths

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by lilyesque
I have had some moments where I clearly heard what someone was thinking and it was incredible. Terrifying as well, not the thoughts but that it happened and without my control. I felt "in sync" with this person...we were on the same frequency or tuned into one another?

For a long time I have blocked being in tune to others to avoid being frightened by them (or called nutty). Also, it's not something that happens on a whim with everyone. What I know about Telepathy I have read here and there but never thought it was real, until those experiences.

As you walk through a busy area you can "blank" the mind. No thoughts. During the day prayer is good for cleansing the mind of disturbing or negative thoughts.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I am still back at the drawing board on my Research.

Yes I have established links. Thankfully what makes my particular method work has a certain level of protection.

S and F op...

I am still looking for the British systems in place so far All I have found is reference to crowley and the british having lager amounts of power...

It is using more of the human potential maybe not so much telepathy per say.

As for no elections.... It would be quite interesting...

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I KNEW somebody was going to say that.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   

It all starts with coincedences, once you start seeing coincedences everywhere you go you know your on that level. Does anyone understand what I am writing about can you empathise with me?

Yes, completely, and I think you' re right. It is not a gift, it is a ability all humans have.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Just to throw a cat among the pigeons... so to speak...
Does anyone else feel that the Op is not telepathic at all? No offense intended, but I dont see what was described as being any sign of being telepathic. I think there's many reading this thread without buying into the discussion who already know this.
Just my opinion... please continue with the discussion...

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
So, I haven't logged into my ats account in months tho I check out the threads about everyday. Today I read this one and actually felt like replying.
I believe it is within all humans to become "tuned in". Wheter it's empathy, telepathy, noticing sychronicity or hearing spirits. I do not believe in "coincidences". Since I was little I "knew" things, And have come to the realization that when I go against my intuitive thoughts I Always end up saying "I knew I shoulda doneit this way or grabbed that when I thought about it"
I too have wondered if what I think are my thoughts pushing off onto others or just myself picking up on others' thoughts.
My best friend and I are crazy when we are together because it's a constant thing between us. We will Literally feel our brains vibrate when we are tuned to eachother. Sometimes we can't control it. I actually had to move to another room one night to talk on the phone because she was sick and couldn't control it. Just the other night we were together and she wad on the phone and at the Exact same time I'm the exact same tone we made a noise that wasn't even a word. Now this isn't much you may think but we are constantly saying what is on the others mind or describing things in the exact same words when the other see or experiences something.
My boyfriend is in Afghanistan and he sent me a message asking if I thought we would ever finish eachothers thoughts, just as I was sending him an email on the very subject. And we will answer questions or say the same thing just at the same time the other says. Yesterday he even told me "wow you read my mind" I have told him when we got together that odd things tend to happen around me, especially with my best friend too. He is starting to realize it.
I knew my daughter would be born on Valentines Day, I also knew when I went for my checkup that morning that I wasn't leaving the hospital before she was born. The day before I saw friends and said I was going to have a Valentines Baby tho I wasn't due for At least a week or two.
I can go on... The night I ran into my boyfriend was full of synchronicity, and had to have just the right combo of events, I know we were supposed to meet there, tho we already knew eachother from work.
It comes and goes...The telepathy, the empathy is a tough one to control, meditation helps. When I was a teen I didn't understand myself, I was always depressed and suicidal. Now that I embrace the "eccentricities" about myself as my boyfriend calls it, I am loads better. It helps to have a support system about you. My daughters father couldn't do that, no matter how often I displayed my "talents" he just wanted me to see a psychologist because he thought I was "crazy".
Take care all! Live in the Light!

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I've encountered many people claiming psychic abilities and a few who appeared legitimate. That is they can duplicate their "power" under controlled circumstances.

One thing I've found is that most people who claim psychic abilities are more intelligent than the people in their everyday environment. And that they are able to almost read minds do to their level of perception and the limited intellectual stimulus they recieve from their immediate associations on a day to day basis.

As far as telepathy, I believe it exists but in what capacity I'm not certain. Again it could simply be a heightened level of perception or subconciously percieve what people are conveying without speech. We've all looked at someone and knew they were sad, no matter how hard they tried to hide it. Is that telepathy or is an evoloution of the senses?

Being perceptive to spirits; is that a form of telepathy or is it simply your brain hasn't completely cut off it's ability to imagine the inconceivable? I'm not sure.

But I've never met a telepath or a psychic who was so good that it ever swayed me to the point that it was a 100% supernatural ability rather than maybe being wired to percieve things that others don't.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrJay1975
One thing I've found is that most people who claim psychic abilities are more intelligent than the people in their everyday environment. And that they are able to almost read minds do to their level of perception and the limited intellectual stimulus they recieve from their immediate associations on a day to day basis.

But I've never met a telepath or a psychic who was so good that it ever swayed me to the point that it was a 100% supernatural ability rather than maybe being wired to percieve things that others don't.

Well, my thoughts on it are pretty straight forward. I don't believe that ANYTHING exists in a supernatural state. Everything has some basis in reality, although we may not understand that basis given our current scientific advances.

I haven't quite decided whether telepathy is a result of having above average intelligence and being able to figure things out before they are said or if the illusion of intelligence is simply created by having access to more minds through passive telepathy and thus a greater amount of knowledge. I imagine it could be a little bit of both.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by DrJay1975

I think your on the right path. I basically view it as the ability to percieve and distinguish spirits whether it be external or our own (say between me and an individual). I think anyone can technically do it, but the means of which you try to do it can lead down different roads whether it be for positive or negative. Such as I believe tripping can open some doors towards abilities of "hearing ones thoughts" but because its done in a cheating fashion, you haven't properly learned the rules (if could be called so), and you dont know how to discern thoughts properly, so you can be filled with negativity. More people can do it than they think, its just most people arent AWARE they can, and when they become aware, they get scared and don't care to think about it because it can seem as an invasion of privacy.

I think of it almost as a thread of consciousness that we are all a part of God. God is not us, and we are not Him, but we are a part of Him because everything that exists is within him. If you look at thoughts or say with someone whom you can empathise really well with or get along with or if you have a few folks in the same room - each of your own thoughts is that similar to a string, which ties into other folks' strings to form the thread or rope.

lol some may get what they can out of this, and it may seem as nonsensical rambling, but yeah peace be with you all

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrJay1975

Its not supernatural or a super hero ability its part of what we are pure and simple.

People that are able to get in touch with others and start believing that they are better than other people because of what they can do, become confused and before you know it the ego has taken over and the battle for self control has been lost.

It is extremely hard to down play the ego when you first become aware of 'life' however, once you manage it, the world is your oyster. Nothing is ever the same and your intuitive side is something that becomes another part of yourself. Nothing more nothing less.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   
No one should have the thoughts/fellings of others in there head withouth first setting boundries, I cant really think that such a invasion of privacy would be taken lightly or withouth recourse. Words are enough to convey more than they express. You would not like it if you were really telepathic or as some say a master of the obvious. op

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Allen.craftr

i am a telepathic deaf girl looking for others with the same gift. i was a deaf child but nobody knew because i can read lips and read minds. i don't fit in with deaf people nor do i fit in with hearing people. i'm a nice person but people are afraid of me. so now i am looking for others like me.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Allen.craftr
This is a thread for all Telepaths to talk, and be open about their physic powers. A lot of people are scared of Telepaths, but I think if we stick together the non-telepaths won't fear telepaths. So what do you think?

where do we find each other?

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I am a telepath but am afraid to come out of the hiding. If i relax my crotchal region, i can telepathically pre-emptively foresee what color crayon i am going to take out of the box without looking

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by KatePunch
reply to post by Allen.craftr

i am a telepathic deaf girl looking for others with the same gift. i was a deaf child but nobody knew because i can read lips and read minds. i don't fit in with deaf people nor do i fit in with hearing people. i'm a nice person but people are afraid of me. so now i am looking for others like me.

That sounds like the closest thing to telepathy that can be interpreted, how is it that you have come to have such perceptive skills. I am not deaf, but I can see how such a thing would manifest itself in such people, how is it that you came to this realization, that you say is being a telepathic and deaf, is it something you just learned as a way to compensate for other things that you don't have like being deaf. Just out of interest.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gwynniver

It all starts with coincedences, once you start seeing coincedences everywhere you go you know your on that level. Does anyone understand what I am writing about can you empathise with me?

Yes, completely, and I think you' re right. It is not a gift, it is a ability all humans have.

True but one that as a whole been conditioned and taught to ignore...

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Originally posted by galadofwarthethird
No one should have the thoughts/fellings of others in there head withouth first setting boundries, I cant really think that such a invasion of privacy would be taken lightly or withouth recourse.

Actually they do and it happens more often then most people believe.

Words are enough to convey more than they express.

There is a lot of events and personal experiences that most times very impossible to convey or express in words...

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Allen.craftr
This is a thread for all Telepaths to talk, and be open about their physic powers. A lot of people are scared of Telepaths, but I think if we stick together the non-telepaths won't fear telepaths. So what do you think?

First off, alot of people are scared of the unknown.

Second, why is something of this nature always considered a power? Everywhere I've read heard or talked about telepathy or other psi-related ability is always called that....

Not a tool, not an ability... but power..

Why is that?

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by AnotherCLou

To be able to know what someone is thinking, to be able to impress thoughts and emotions on another entity is the very definition of control, a tool is something that is something outside yourself that can be used either way and in many ways for both good or bad, an ability is something that any of us can have some sense of, a skill that can be used for anything but not necessary does it imply control.

What would you call something that can have a direct effect on your mind and reality? something that is more then an influence. Look what a base manipulation of people's minds was done with the advent of knowledge of meme's and the way people tend to think and react, both in groups and individually, what do you think happened in ww2 with the nazis and there propaganda machine, it was a base form of telepathy knowledge of the mind and the ethereal, knowing what the people think, propaganda is knowing what the people are thinking and were there wants and needs are coming from, and it's directed to a specific end by outside forces, by means unknown to those being influenced in such a way that they dont know they are being influenced, you tell a path as the only path, which any real telepath would know that there is no such thing as only one path. Now if something like that can effect people, what do you think someone or something can do if they can see/know and even control/manipulate your thoughts....."Power" in the human mind can be many things, from energy such as electricity from a dam, to light your house, to being rich and having influence over others, or over laws, or machines, or whatever else. But it does imply a form of control, or manipulation of energies to specific end's. It can be a tool or an ability, but if you know what it's capable of doing, would you still classify it as that, if by some outside force a person was given such a tool and ability, what do you think they would do with it? use it as a parlor trick for fun, or something more sinister, it's kind of like that part in the republic by plato, The Ring of Gyges, were a farmer finds a ring that can make him invisible, well you can quess what he does with that tool, nope he didn't become invisible at parties to impress his fellow farmer's.... Basically it would probably be called a power because not everybody would have it and therefore can and in all probability will be used for advantage's, but if everybody would be capable of telepathy, it would just be something like a telephone another tool and not at all mysterious, but then again who know's how a telephone works.

edit on 15-11-2010 by galadofwarthethird because: spelling sucks.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I'm open minded on the issue.

Out of interest, do many blind people have the telepathic ability? I can understand a deaf person using visual indicators more even without them really noticing it themselves.

Also, has there been any documented proof of telepathy?

I tend to think it is down to instinct and coincidence more than being able to actually pick up on thoughts.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join