It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do country people see UFOs? (Solved)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by tigpoppa

Wow! Did your parents send you to some summer camp in the country that you hated or something? You really have issues with the majority of America...

I have lived in both Chicago, and rural Illinois. Want to know why people in "The Country" would see more UFOs? Because they can actually see the sky. If you live in the city, the city lights, and buildings for that matter, are going to obstruct your view. If you go out into a rural area, you will be able to see so much more, and I'm not just talking about UFOs. Any star gazer knows how awesome it is to go out into the middle of nowhere and just take in.

If you truly believe the people on the coasts are so much smarter then the average person who isn't surrounded by crime, overpopulation, and pollution, the you are in fact proving my case that it's not true. (I'm calling you an idiot, if you didn't get that.)

I also find it hard-pressed that anyone in a city would be able to instantly tell a F-15 and F-16 apart. I think you might not to explore outside whatever aviation circle you're in, and mingle with the general population.

To sum it up: Your post in biased, offensive, and ignorant. (And your grammar isn't very good either!)

P.S. I also currently live 2 miles away from a busy airport. And have never seen a UFO in either the city or country side.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I could do with less people excercising their creative funnybones around here...
Its not what I come here for.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   
First of all Tig, if anyone in your post came out as the idiot, it is you. I never understood why rural people were considered to be so ignorant, when it's the people who are criticizing them who are the ignorant ones.

But to keep on topic, I've thought about this before, and why all the skeptics want to make jokes about rural people seeing UFO's and what not and I think the answer is very simple. It's a rural area. There, see how simple that was?

If we discovered a planet with intelligent life and wanted to study it without being seen, isn't it only plausible to go to the least populated areas to avoid detection?

There, now it's solved.

[edit on 17-4-2010 by MadhatterTheGreat]

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Yeah, people are ignorant that live in the country and have never flown or seen the ocean.....

Give me a break. Its ignorant to even say such things.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Hi, how are you? lol... you really havn't solved anything, and i speak from personnal experience. I live in a major city for half a year, and the other half in the country, just like you working and such, i think it's a good break from the noise and polution, and as far as i know, yes, in the country it is easier to see more stars since the sky is more clear, second of all, all the country folks can tell what a satelite is, a plane is, and what a UFO is, with ease... it's not like they live in caves never seeing the sky in their entire life time. And yeah, i see ALOT more UFO's in the country, 100 times more, since in the city, thanks to all the lights and the chemtrails, plus the pollution, youd be lucky to see more then 10 stars at once. I see two or three UFO's every night in the country.

Also, the city has way more airtraffic in the skys, so it's easy to confuse which is which between ufo or plane and heli and what not, in the country, no air traffic, close to none, so when u see a plane, it's definetly a plane. Easier to tell the difference u know what i mean?

Also, the wierd thing is, in the country, ufo's seem like a normal subject, guess not the only few people i know that see them everytime they are skywatching at night time, enjoying a beer or two

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
This amounts to nothing but trolling, this is an insult to everyone not living in big cities all over the world, it's a joke, yeah hillbillies think the internet is a series of tubes, half the world is as stupid as Randy in My Name Is Earl.

Ban this fool.

[edit on 24-4-2010 by TheLaughingGod]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Well,now that I have read your thread and contemplate it a little bit,I have only one question.

What hick school in the middle of a hick state surrounded by cornfields graduated more men that have walked on the surface of the moon?

What school has graduated more men and women that have traveled in space,than any of them sophisticated schools on either coast near them big ole cities?

Well,it is Purdue University,located in West Lafayette,Indiana.

People that live there don't think they see UFO's when they see lights in the sky,they think it is a Purdue graduate orbiting overhead!

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by tigpoppa

I'm just going to assume that you really don't get out much. I couldn't even get through the 2nd paragraph without wanting to respond to YOUR IGNORANCE.

Maybe one day when you can't go to the grocery store for your needs, you'll learn to appreciate people more.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
The two most important things in life are compassion and a desire to learn. You have plenty of the second but none of the first. If you truly believe these people are being subjected to a culture of ignorance, it surprises me that you would choose a negative and bitter attitude toward them, rather than a desire to help and inform them.

You seem to treat "country people" as organisms which are biologically different from yourself. You may be surprised to learn that we are all human here, and the only real difference between any of us is the culture that we are born into, over which we have no control.

I promise you that the majority of people living in -urban- environments cannot tell you the difference between F-15's and F-16's, get ideas about UFO's from blockbuster films, and yell at their television sets during football games. Your quote-unquote "research" is, for the most part, a rude and sorely inaccurate generalization, and a blatant sign of what I would call a superiority complex.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
There are so many things I would like to say right now but I would get myself into some trouble by doing so because it would violate the T&C guaranteed.
I will return as soon as I can stifle those urges and explain just how very wrong this thread is to begin with.
Let me just say this OP. I think you will find you fit in just fine with your new environment as you see it.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I wont touch this thread with a ten foot pole..or a "vittles-passer-stick"...gee..I think I'll go take a dip in the cement pond.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
country people see more flying saucers and UFO's in general because they can see the sky & stars. Where as people in cities are unable to, so they never bother looking up.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join