It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do country people see UFOs? (Solved)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
For the past year I have been living in the country. Now after being here for a year for work and observing the population it is clear to me why so many UFO reports come from people in the country, or as we call it the Fly-over states, due to them offering any value to the country as a whole.

Many people in the country have never been on a plane, and to be honest from people I have personally spoken with while waiting in line or waiting for a latte, many of them confess that they have never even seen the ocean.

This lack of traditional experience contributes to a mindset where the person thinks they know for example what modern technology is. But for them it seems very hard to grasp the concepts of modern avionics and dont even try to bring up advanced propulsion systems with them, or I think they will retreat to their more barbaric tendencies and choose fight over flight. This inability to distinguish aircraft stems from a lack of technical knowledge surely contributes to the large amounts of UFO sightings by these individuals. Now while the concept of aviation is not a radical new idea, since so many have never been on a plane and only see these airplanes in air shows up close since they hope a plane crashes, furthers the case that they lack a true investigative eye to make a positive identification of aircraft. From questions I raise with these people, there is noone who I have spoken with who has been able to distinguish the differences between an F-15 and an F-16, in fact they usually think their the same thing!!!!!!!! So to them if they saw a plane performing advanced maneuvers not during an air show they would attribute this to a UFO since they suffer from a severe cognitive deficit.

Being in the country also means that their imaginations run wild with fantasies to fill their time since most contribute nothing to the scientific community and spend the days grinding out the same repetitive tasks much like a trained dog or monkey in a circus. This idle mind causes them to see light reflections in the sky from ducks or the silhouette of a plane as a UFO. Since they dont understand the concepts of light inversion or how the rods and cones in our eyes detect light they immediately use the fantasy part to create alien beings in the ships. This belief then becomes rooted in their minds to the point where they experience dreams about these aliens influenced by cultural icons like Will Smith in the movie Independence Day, and this then leads to the stories of abductions we hear about.

I figure a good standard for seeing how sophisticated these types are is to look at the types of leaders they elect which reflect their tribal values and norms. A man named Ted Stevens was elected by the people of Alaska and a republican. This man regulated the internet for the United States and since computers are foreign things to many people of his pedigree, it is understandable that he thought the internet was actually a series of tubes that things got stuck in. Unable to understand how obtain email he thought his emails took a long time to get because the tubes were clogged with debris. Computers also are not new but when seen by many people from rural areas may be mistaken for time travel devices, or UFO technology as seen in the cases of abductions where they make crude drawings and say that this technology is alien.

From my studies of the surrounding areas, much of our waste from the cities is dumped out here maybe even welcomed. Country folk seem to enjoy that the pharmaceutical companies use their land as a dumping ground. Perhaps drawing on comic books as their source for literary scholastic aptitude has led to the thinking that they will become imbued with super powers if they roll around in the waste and debris. Not only would this explain thier belief in outlandish claims but also explains the distinct odor present in many areas that country people have utilized for habitation. This type of pollution is what over an extended period of time, actually degrades the brain through damage to the somatosensory cortex, and can prevent the uptake of seratonin. Many country people also enjoy Sports as an escape from reality and thus leading to more sightings due to this made up fantasy land they find themselves in. Last week while at a bar I was enjoying my cosmopolitan and saw these folk yelling at the TV about football game. They stared at the image box as if waiting for it to respond, later I found out the reason one of these country people was wearing a jersey was because it was a lucky jersey. This belief in the supernatural is not rooted in logic and further exemplifies their belief in the supernatural thinking that a shirt has the awesome power to control the outcome of an event is clearly fantastical. Yet at the same time very telling as to the reasoning processes used to deduce that flying craft are UFOS and leads to their misidentification due to this type of irrational behavior. Combined with excessive alcohol abuse which is very common since out here I ahve yet to see anyone order an espresso is their rocket fuel so to speak. Fueling their minds and their wild imaginations causing them to behave irrationally, as I described earlier by talking to inainmate objects like a TV which since it has moving images they may think that box contains actual people.

This is merely from my own research, though I think explains the phenomenon of UFOS in the countryside. People who live in the city, Military personnel and other experts such as pilots who witness these events I feel should be investigated more and not brushed aside. It is my hope that they step up their efforts to investigate sightings by these individuals right away, while their mind is clear, and if possible to gather corroborating evidence from other witnesses. Someday it is my hope they will treat UFO sightings like car crashes and gather all the evidence they can immediately. Document all the angles and record all the persons present and their statements. There seems to be a lack of this from my investigations into UFOs, perhaps due to a coverup, though I have found no proof of any coverup ever in any of my research. If there is a coverup their doing a good job of covering up the coverup as well.

[edit on 29-3-2010 by tigpoppa]

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
why do country people see UFO's?
because they can see the sky!!!!

why assume people are ignorant because they haven't seen the ocean? if you live in a town or city the portion of sky you can see is usually limited by buildings and your view of the night sky is obscured by light pollution?

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by tigpoppa
From questions I raise with these people, there is noone who I have spoken with who has been able to distinguish the differences between an F-15 and an F-16, in fact they usually think their the same thing!!!!!!!! So to them if they saw a plane performing advanced maneuvers not during an air show they would attribute this to a UFO sicne they suffer from a severe cognitive deficit.

Crap. I was planning on spending some time in the countryside this Summer. Now I see that I can't take the risk.

I am one of those idiots who probably wouldn't be able to distinguish between an F-15 and and F-16 in the first place, so I simply can not afford to have my cognitive abilities ruined any further by mingling with stoopid countryfolks.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by tigpoppa

So funny. Defo the best ufo post for weeks. Just can't stop laughing

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I laughed, first thing I thought of were in-bred Hill Billys.

First of all, Pheonix Lights. Thats in Pheonix, now im no city folk but im pretty darn sure Pheonix is a city.

Second, im pretty sure all us Hill folk can distinguish a plane with blinking lights, typical white, red and blue with a big roar coming directly behind it. The helicopters make a whoop whoop sounds, and up here we get a hell of alot of em during the summer puttin out wild fires and what not.

Country folk arent dumb as you might think, There have been plenty of city sightings, like mexico city when 30,000 saw the ufos and the government declared Mass Hallucination.

Fantasizing hill billys dont cut it unfortunatly.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Heaw heaw, I can see the sky, gah-huck!

We see UFOs out here every night. Don't believe me?! Just stand here, look south, they always come from there, the direction of the airport.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elepheagle
Heaw heaw, I can see the sky, gah-huck!

I know you were making a joke, but you've actually hit the nail on the head for the O.P.

It's safe to say people living in rural areas aren't always visually sophisticated enough to know everything they see in the sky. For that matter, no one is.

But, the notion that rural communities, farmlands, backwoods, etc see or report more is also a matter of marginality, when the phenomenon is legitimate and observed.

The paranormal has always lent itself to marginal people and situations, again, this is all a part of how it seems to work.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by tigpoppa
From questions I raise with these people, there is noone who I have spoken with who has been able to distinguish the differences between an F-15 and an F-16, in fact they usually think their the same thing!!!!!!!! So to them if they saw a plane performing advanced maneuvers not during an air show they would attribute this to a UFO sicne they suffer from a severe cognitive deficit.

It's your lucky day, because now you can say you've spoken to such a person. I used to work with F-15s in the military, and I can claim to distinguish between an F-15 and F-16. I can even do it if they're flying at night. The anti-collision lights give it away.

Not only that, but I've also been fortunate enough to have repeat encounters with UFOs, and even one close-up. The objects I've seen are along the lines of what people call orbs, and I can't offer an explanation of what they are. But what I can tell you is that I haven't confused them with military aircraft. The one I saw close up was an orb about the size of a baseball, and it's a true insult to intelligence if you think people misidentify every case due to seclusion from the technological world. I'm not saying that this never happens, because I'm well aware that it does. But you have to be careful to not over-generalize your argument while trying to paint the world as something so cut and dry.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Erm......light pollution effects sightings in the city? are we on the same page? have you ever been to the country and looked up at the sky at night its magical you can see everything on a nice clear night.

By the way I love the country its the best place to be in my opinion, away from the pollution and city noise a tranquil surrounding where you can just exist.

FSF

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Herp derp, i live out in the country. i can't reed too good and boy howdy i think its bout time to saddle up ma horse and milk some cows.

hu yuk, hey maw is that one of them there airplanes or one a them there Ufos. hu yuk, im so dumb i cant tell the differnce. slide me some grits ma i'm reddy to eat!!1

Give me a break.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
heh, not the most overly powerful conclusion there OPs.

you in essence have summed up everyone whom has ever seen a UFO as just a idiot and thats it...

I mean, no doubt there are plenty of idiots in the country, but what a exceptionally simplistic view of the subject as a whole.

Why not simply say anyone whom has seen a UFO actually just had a bit of dust in their eye..thats it..ok, everyone move on. If you are seeing a bigarse independence day style spaceship, just rub your eyes...that outta do it.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by diccolo
Herp derp, i live out in the country. i can't reed too good and boy howdy i think its bout time to saddle up ma horse and milk some cows.

hu yuk, hey maw is that one of them there airplanes or one a them there Ufos. hu yuk, im so dumb i cant tell the differnce. slide me some grits ma i'm reddy to eat!!1

Give me a break.

It must be difficult to telegraph up your pictuyre findings to the local media with their fancy future tv machines and the internets and all the hoobajoob newfangled city devices.

You lot probably never even seen shoes before...much less be able to identify a airplane...I wonder though, if you see a automobile, do you call it a great metal animal or whatnot? throw your spears at it...

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jritzmann

Well you do make a valid point, even though it sounds like your insinuating that we typical country folk dont get a education.... which is kinda true....

There is one thing to remember that when you live in the city everything is much more fast paced. When I drive home from the small town I live in, I see trees, hills, mountains and occasionally the odd vehicles and houses. When I lived in Bangkok there was far to much going on to notice something "unusual". Hell even walkin down the street i was more concerned about the people walkin by me.

Correct me if im wrong, my personal city experiences are limited to a handful of cities.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Ok... This thread is just hilarious. I in my life havent met a person who doesnt know what a plane is, what it looks like - and I live in country. So you are saying that those "stupid country people", "uneducated, morons who doesn't live in cities" where all the "smart people" live and obviously all people from cities have flied with planes, doesn't know what the plane looks like from bellow 'cause they haven't flied with them? If so - then they definitely shouldn't know how a UFO looks because they haven't flied with a UFO.

Your logic:
1. So obviously to know how something looks like, watching at it from bellow, you totally must have flied with it.
2. Country people knows how a "UFO" looks like.
3. This UFO is in fact a plane.
4. As they know how a UFO looks like from bellow and that means (by your logic) that they have flied with it, and as a UFO is in fact a simple plane - that means (by your logic) that they have flied with a plane.

Ok your logic doesn't seem to me even a bit logic. (Solved)

And as to me I am a total moron who can't distinguish f-15 from f-16.
But then again I haven't flied with them so the hell would I know the difference, looking at them in the skies. I guess you have flied with them both - that's why people know difference between F-15 and F-16... they all have flied them!!! You don't see planes on TV these days nor in internet - you have to fly one to know what beast it is.

(I read some more of your great thread)

I must confess - I haven't seen an ocean in real life. Of course I have seen it on Newspapers, picture books, tv and on internet and pictures from people who have seen it. The ocean I think exists - or it is a great conspiracy. I am a country folk so how the hell I'd know? Maybe my sister is lying when she tells about ocean. Maybe she's a Thought Police agent!

Great Joke OP... or if you meant this thread seriously - I am sorry for you!

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Disclaimers: what follows is not my opinion, just something someone said to me once. I post it merely to add another dimension to the OP, for debate. Also, although I've lived in cities most of my adult life, I'm from a medium sized town & get out into the country as often as I can. I suppose I'm sort of 1/2 way between.
"You know why country people speak slowly? Because they think slowly and the reason is that if you can be pretty successful by being more intelligent than a person whose job it is to outwit cows, there's very little real advantage to the massive energy investment needed for high intellience."

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by tigpoppa

Trolling are we? Good one
S&F

[edit on 29-3-2010 by cripmeister]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Hey man, are you seriuosly judging people's intelligence by the type of coffees they drink?

Did you know that tractors now have GPS and computers that will determine the amount of fertilizer and nitrogen for a particular acre based on soil samples and regulate the dispersal of nutrients by GPS down to the yard.

Further, being in the country, we need the internet to not only communicate, but order items not commonly seen in small towns..like espresso makers.

Maybe we should question why so many city people that move to the country see more bears and see imagined KKK meetings...when all it is someone burning a brush pile to clear a field.

Grow up, maybe next time you can write about why black people consume more fried chicken or why aren't there more dogs in Chinese neighborhoods.... yeah, your funny.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Im sorry this is BS. Name one area of the united states that planes do not fly over. Sure they may have never seen a 747 up close but crop dusters are pretty common in rural farm areas.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Gosh and golly there, Mr. Big City! Ain't it ironic to think it was us ignorant country folk that gave you them there mechanical flying metal tubes! Less'n I'm gettin' my history wrong, lord knows I can't count to twenty without takin' off my socks, but them Wright brothers weren't from New York city were they? How they ever managed to outdo that da Vinci feller is beyond me, since we're all so busy shuckin' corn and shovelin' manure out here in the mid west.

On another note, when I was a youngin' I once heard about a man from Ohio that walked on the moon! I knew it was a just another city slicker lie though, ain't no one from Ohio smart enough to turn their tractor into a rocket!

edit: Dang, I knew I should've read the OP a little more thoroughly:

Computers also are not new but when seen by many people from rural areas may be mistaken for time travel devices, or UFO technology as seen in the cases of abductions where they make crude drawings and say that this technology is alien.

I kind of had a feeling this was a troll, but I read right past that part, and others. You got me!

[edit on 29-3-2010 by Torgo]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
because it sparsely populated making it an ideal place for them to abduct you if you ever see one up close above you run like hell, better safe then sorry there have been cases of human mutilations that point to visitors, some of the stories are terrifying;having being drained of your insides while alive doesn't sound pleasant.Why else are there so many stories of close encounters in such areas.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join