It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News just interviewed ex-fiance of raided militia leader

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Anyone see that interview and surrounding coverage. Fox is REALLY bashing and tying together 'Christian' 'militia' 'racists' 'fringe' 'second-amendment extremists.'

They openly mocked 'paranoid' freaks that 'see black helicopters' and think the government is taking over everything. They concluded the discussion (with a former homeland security guy) by repeating that these people hate everyone but themselves.

I think the most entertaining part of the segment was when the Fox host openly asked, 'You have to wonder from where these people get their ideas...' Looks like the master distancing itself from its disciples to me, lol.

Best,
Skunknuts

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by skunknuts

sounds interesting could you post the time you saw this or the show it was on on fox news so we could look at the transcripts. this is really shocking that they would victimize groups of people who should be innocent until proven guilty. Many of us turn to Fox for the "REAL" news since their fair and balanced and speak truth to power, but hearing about something like this may make me start to question their motives. So I hope someone can find us a link to read what happened that would cause the most respected media institution in America to behave in this manner supporting liberals instead of supporting Americans who believe in freedom.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by tigpoppa

If I remember right, the coverage was the lead this hour. So, I'd have to say something like 2-2:15p central time.

I'm sorry that you'd think that Fox was in the game for any other reason but to support the huge multi-billion dollar media conglomerate of which it is a crown jewel (at least in the US cable TV market, lol). To think that billionaire Rupert Murdoch and News Corp's major investors have the same self-interests as the common man is incredibly naive.

Best,
Skunknuts

[edit on 3/29/2010 by skunknuts]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Yes, I did see it on Faux news. I didn't hear all of it but I did catch the phrase "End of the world scenario" from the ex-wife. I love it, whether it be CNN, Faux, etc...that they are always biased. "Yea, let's get the EX-wife in here to give her point of view of the man." lol. Did you see the "expert" talk about it too? I forgot his name but he has white hair and a white beard and is ALWAYS on talking about how terrible militas are. Can't they get someone else with a different view?

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
MSNBC alternatively reported that they are not really a milita and that almost all other milita groups in the area distanced themselves from this one group, saying they offered no support or help to them.

I think someone mixed up the narratives

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
MSNBC alternatively reported that they are not really a milita and that almost all other milita groups in the area distanced themselves from this one group, saying they offered no support or help to them.

I think someone mixed up the narratives

Yeah, for sure. It has to be a hard one for fox. Some stories aren't the most amenable to the overriding mandate of demarcating politically relevant narratives into black and white.

Best,
Skunknuts

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I found this from the fox OFFICIAL website

www.foxnews.com...

i dont know how to do the grey box but here is part of it:

"Jesus wanted us to be ready to defend ourselves using the sword and stay alive using equipment," Hutaree.com reads. "The only thing on earth to save the testimony and those who follow it, are the members of the testimony, til the return of Christ in the clouds. We, the Hutaree, are prepared to defend all those who belong to Christ and save those who aren't. We will still spread the word, and fight to keep it, up to the time of the great coming."

I think the reason they got raided is because their christian so im guessing Obama did this to send a message to other christians out there, since he is not a christian.

also this link:
www.dailypaul.com...

says the leader was a Ron Paul supporter so this is evidence that the democrats are using their seat of power to corrupt our country by locking up as many republicans as possible. Cant have real americans out there who know the truth about things it what I am thinking.

[edit on 29-3-2010 by tigpoppa]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   

So, I'm curious about your opinions (as someone who seems sympathetic to this group). Do you feel this group is being unfairly painted at this point? Are they similar/ different to other 'militia' groups, as far as you know? Is there a point at which the FBI should infiltrate/ raid groups like (or unlike) this? Also, should it matter if a group is 'christian?' By this, I mean if everything about this group was identical, except 'muslim' was inserted for 'christian,' would it influence your opinion?

Best,
Skunknuts

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by tigpoppa
so im guessing Obama did this to send a message to other christians out there, since he is not a christian.

Yes, Obama did this...of course he did. He was sitting in the oval office and was like...hey, you know what homeland security...lets kick in the doors of some christians and imprison them because..well, I am just pretending to be a christian of course.

And they were like...sure Mr President...cause we hate christians also...hey, lets make these poor milita christians pay for erm..loving Christ and whatnot.

And Obama then used the ouija board to ask Stalin what he should do and got the ghostly thumbs up.

hmm...I got a toothache. DAMN YOU OBAMA!!!

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   

I think the reason they got raided is because their christian so im guessing Obama did this to send a message to other christians out there, since he is not a christian.

Are you serious??? It's so sad I have to ask this question...you should realize you sound ridiculous...but some reason I don't think you do.

I think ATS needs another option besides "friend" or "foe"....I need a tag for "crazy" so I can tag the people I know are just insane and that I shouldn't take serious.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
The fault lies with the religious leaders who have been allowed to perpetuate these lies and brain wash people.

The fault lies with the television stations who have given these devious jack-ass evangelists air time to spew their messages of dominionism.

The fault lies with politicians who know these religious leaders are shams and scams but who have given them "honors" because they bring $$$ business into their towns with their conventions and ceremonies.

Many religious leaders use the least educated of the population and manipulate them through fear, guilt, and whatever emotional strings they can pull to extort income and obedience from them.

These militia people are indeed misguided.

If they had been taught correctly, they would realize that Jesus said he would return with the sword of my mouth. Not guns and bullets to kill everyone who does not believe their particular church doctrine.

"Sword" refers to mouth or speech:
Revelation 1: 16
Revelation 2:16
Revelation 19:15
revelation 19:21

new topics

top topics

join