It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study: Rats Rather Starve Than Eat Healthy Food

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
As a personal experience of mine that im going through right now in fact, I am 100% raw and have been for a few weeks and I feel like crap a lot of the time. I had been high raw for awhile and felt fine but would get sick just thinking about fruits and vegetables which of course, if you want to be a raw foodist is problematic.

I ate some french fries a few weeks back on a whim and felt good. No headaches, had lots of energy, just great. I'm still waiting to feel awesome by eating all these fruits, veggies, and seeds.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

I'm from new york and david letterman is full of ish. They're big but the size of the rats are not even close to a cats. Some of them are bigger then a normal sized rat but they're not as big as cats. I work in a restaurant and the rats eat everything from lettuce to hard rice...

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by neechi

I'm from new york and david letterman is full of ish. They're big but the size of the rats are not even close to a cats. Some of them are bigger then a normal sized rat but they're not as big as cats. I work in a restaurant and the rats eat everything from lettuce to hard rice...

He had a video feed on down some alleyway and they did look
fairly corpulent. Like feeding on carbohydrates.
Letterman is a comedian so he had to say cat sized rats.
The video of the rats in a fast food place showed very small rats.
I thought they looked like squirrel sized.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   

I know the video i think, is it the wendys video? They were all over the place, I'm not saying there not bigger then most, but cat sized?... I guess its all in good fun, squirrel size sounds about right the only time I really see them is on the subway or at work...if anyone owns any rats they should definately try the reverse experiment and see what happens, and id like to know if these were domestic lab rats or street rats, could be a difference in eating habits as someone stated befoe the lab rats could be depressed....

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
The fact is that people are addicted to junk food. Have you guys tried eating food without any sodium or sugars in it? It tastes like garbage! Try cooking without salt or baking something that has no sugar in it. Now, try living off of it.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Some interesting things here for people as I think people go to
excess with junk food thats the problem.
Potato chips and bags of carbos and salt washed down with sugar
drinks.

Reading the first edition of an Atkins book he references a 50s UK
lab study on well mice I suppose, not rats I messed up.
Well the mice did lose fat on low carbo diets.

Even stranger was a substance separated from the fat losing mice
that automatically worked on fattened mice.

So if we go back to these 50s lab reports we can save the mice, rats
and people from excess fat.

Bad for the biggest loser TV program.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
It's simply population control with kindness. You think the elite rich who can afford nutritionalist and all the best organic foods give a crap what junk you cram down your throat as long as you keep buying the junk you do and keep then living the good life???

I tend to agree that this experiment might be bs intended to create an excuse to tax people more. But you also have to admit junk food does make you fat and useless that's why I try to eat it as little as possible. Regardless any push towards REAL healthy food is always a good thing in my book.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I forget where I heard it but after ny state banned trans fat in restaurants they're trying to go after salt, idk if the bill is being reviewed or what. But thinking about that is scary, they're taxing the hell out of ciggarette company's already...I say if people want to be fat and kill themselves with ciggarettes let them...just another way for good ol uncle sam to stick his hands where they don't belong...and to use rats in place of people is a little insulting I guess the scientists already knew pigs would eat anything

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
The government does look for the mass profit areas.
Look at drugs.
As soon as discount drug clubs like AARP got into the private
money maker the Government said we'll do it for all the old
people and take more of the money they were going to give them
back.

Trans fat ban night be good but salt ,sugar unhealthy 'excesses'
fees to use sounds like the government found a winner.

The carbon tax has gone for awhile as global warming is now
climate change.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Mystery_Lady

I might do the same if they gave me cat food instead of my usual steak.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by LucidDreamer85

Starred you for that one. Although I heard that some dog biscuits can be good. UGHHHHH!!!!

[edit on 30-3-2010 by Mystery_Lady]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join