It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Undersea volcano threatens southern Italy: report

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by minkey53
Italy makes great cars. But apart from that, there's nothing going for the place.

Are you kidding? Italian women are easily some of the most beautiful in the world! My legs go weak at the mere thought of Mediterranean women!

Wooot!

IRM

[edit on 30/3/10 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

Italy makes great cars. But apart from that, there's nothing going for the place.

Are you kidding? Italian women are easily some of the most beautiful in the world! My legs go weak at the mere thought of Mediterranean women!

IRM

Oh yeah, kinda forgot about them. Lovely when they're younger but all turn a bit large when old, my Wife's ex Husband was an Iti and her kids are half Iti so know that from experience and wot they say!

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by minkey53

Plus! The Italian language is clearly the most beautiful and sexy in the world. I love the scene in the Godfather with Michael in Sicily trying to pick up Applonia with her Dad's blessing. Even when an Italian gangster's threatening to rip you a new one.....it sounds so magical! One almost feels that the experience would be quite pleasant.

I find that Italian dances off my tongue when speaking the little I know.
Ironically, my mother's name is Sicily although she's of British decent. (The nurses name when she was born was Sicily).

Cara Mia

Ciao for now

Jason

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
recently there were some big waves in the med.sea damaging an cruise ship....
a storm was blamed for the big wave... could had be the volcano also... partial breakof of the crater dome????
that occasion might have triggerd the interrest of the scientist ...

[edit on 30-3-2010 by ressiv]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   

As tragic as it would be if this volcano went up, I would be glad not to hear the constant boasting about their silly pasta, bland pizzas, boring ice creams and their other greasy food / bad wine.

They're very big headed people and not well liked around here.

Such an annoying accent too!

Cultural insults are always a great way to make a point and further other people's perception of ones intelligence.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Just thought everyone might like to see what the sun is up to.
Looks pretty active right now.
sohodata.nascom.nasa.gov...

[edit on 30-3-2010 by sickofitall2012]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I come from a proud Sicilian family. I will pray for my brethren, that they may be safe.

It seems like this information came from a pretty reliable source as well. This is pretty scary stuff.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

I come from a proud Sicilian family. I will pray for my brethren, that they may be safe.

It seems like this information came from a pretty reliable source as well. This is pretty scary stuff.

Ciao -
I wouldn't worry much if I were you. One more day passes here and one more day without ANY of this news on the television news. Not a word!

So - What does that mean to me? That this whole thing is only fear mongering to take the heat, take the attention away from the Pope and the problems with the pedophilia in the Catholic Church.

There's nothing (in my opinion) that points to any of this information being something to worry about (the volcano), so take some ease friend...

Take care!

peace

[edit on 30-3-2010 by silo13]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Fear Mongering was mentioned the last time an Italian scientist came forward.....

www.timesonline.co.uk...

An Italian scientist who claims to have predicted a major earthquake around L'Aquila weeks before the town was reduced to rubble today accused public health chiefs of ignoring his warnings.

Giampaolo Giuliani said that he had been reported to the police for "spreading panic" among the population after he forecast that a major tremor was on its way.

----

Early Monday morning, central Italy was struck by a 6.3 magnitude earthquake. The 2009 L'Aquila earthquake caused serious damage to several medieval hill towns in the region, killing over 260 residents, injuring over 1,000 and leaving 28,000 homeless.

"spreading panic" well well.....

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

If they were trying to distract from Pope Benedict's increasingly obvious participation in the moving of child rapist priests from parish to parish, then the story would be on the mainstream news in Italy.

As it stands, this story is getting far less play than the Cardinal Ratzy's aiding and abetting of child predators.

Don't get me wrong I appreciate your attempts to remind us of the fact that the head of the Catholic church was clearly complicit in the sexual victimization of children, but your purpose would be better served by a thread dedicated to his hideous legacy.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I notice they don't mention in the articles how active, or any changes in activity for the volcano.

Isn't changes in activity that tend to be strong indicators that a volcano might erupt soon?

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by RobertAntonWeishaupt

If they were trying to distract from Pope Benedict's increasingly obvious participation in the moving of child rapist priests from parish to parish, then the story would be on the mainstream news in Italy.

I agree in part.
But I still can't figure why this news went all over the world but not where it mattered? HERE.

I mean, today Etna had a 4.3 shake - and it was all over the news - but still NOTHING about the - OH GOD WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE undersea volcano...

Any other ideas you might have???

Thanks tons for your post!

peace

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join