It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Undersea volcano threatens southern Italy: report

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ressiv

Ressiv - Please check your link - It's not active/non accessible.

Thank you so much for your participation in this thread.

peace

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
As someone hailing from the Campania region we were always more concerned with Vesuvius erupting (although the amount of concern was minimal). However, while this larger undersea volcano could cause more problems for a larger area of the coast I think another circa AD 79 eruption of Vesuvius would be more devastating owing to the amount of people (3 million) living on or near it and the volcanos prediliction towards explosive eruptions.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ressiv

Your link is broken. Here it is again

Re Florence, ash fallout and possible damage from the tsunami as you are only 50 miles from that coast and there is a nice low lying channel from the coast right to Florence. All this of course depends on how big it is.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I believe this thread is already being discussed here...www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

The key thing here is "Could"

It could also hail tomorrow as well
We'll just add it to Dec 20 2010 list of bad things to happen.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Just saw this posted on Fox news within the past hour or so.
www.foxnews.com...

Hope I linked that right.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

As someone hailing from the Campania region we were always more concerned with Vesuvius erupting (although the amount of concern was minimal). However, while this larger undersea volcano could cause more problems for a larger area of the coast I think another circa AD 79 eruption of Vesuvius would be more devastating owing to the amount of people (3 million) living on or near it and the volcanos prediliction towards explosive eruptions.

My parents just came back from a trip to Italy and they went to the bottom of Vesuvius and my dad assured me that the Chianti level in that area was in deep jeopardy. I just sent them a link to this story. I am glad to hear about it after the fact. No need in being paranoid right. I mean, the world isn't scheduled for destruction until Dec. 2012 right?

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I have friends who recently moved(because of military) near there so this news worries me!!

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   
im just thinking of the political aspect of this whole thing what is goin to happen if the tsunami actually happens what ccause is it gooin to have? please answer this question for me

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

I mean, the world isn't scheduled for destruction until Dec. 2012 right?

It's NOT !!!, thank god. I can unpack my swimmers then.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by killer4281

im just thinking of the political aspect of this whole thing what is goin to happen if the tsunami actually happens what ccause is it gooin to have? please answer this question for me

I'd like to be able to answer but I'm not quite sure what your question is.

At this point, eruption or no, I think the article is nothing more than fear mongering to deflect some of the negative attention the world is giving to the Pope and the pedophile problems in the Catholic Church. Nothing more than that.

peace

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   
check out this website

hisz.rsoe.hu...

There is always activity in this area

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I dont know if its relevant. But 4 nights ago, in one of My OBE's, I did see a huge huge Tsunami. Cannot place time or location, but it was in the hours of twillight , just begginning to get dark and a mountain of dark water rising ang coming inland, and I did see a man who looked Italian like Al Pacino in his younger days

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Italy makes great cars. But apart from that, there's nothing going for the place.

As tragic as it would be if this volcano went up, I would be glad not to hear the constant boasting about their silly pasta, bland pizzas, boring ice creams and their other greasy food / bad wine.

They're very big headed people and not well liked around here.

Such an annoying accent too!

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by findlesticks

Thanks for the url - I jumped out of my chair when I saw that little red circle all pulsing and etc right over my home, lol.

All's quiet for the moment though.

I've a feeling, like a said before, this is just a diversion.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by savvys84

Cannot place time or location, but it was in the hours of twillight , just begginning to get dark and a mountain of dark water rising ang coming inland

I've had dreams like this recently (I don't OBE) - but I never really applied it to 'here' more than just general world upheaval.

Thanks for your post - in this case I hope you're wrong!

peace

[edit on 30-3-2010 by silo13]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBloodRed

I have friends who recently moved(because of military) near there so this news worries me!!

If you're speaking of the military base Sigonella it's on the other side of the Island - still the earthquakes would reach.

For you and your friends sake (and everyone's!) I hope this event is a nothing more than hype and diversion.

peace

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by minkey53

Well, to be honest, your take on this is in very poor taste. To wish devastation on a race and location you've pre judged, is very small minded. Apart from 'cars' the historical importance of the region is of incredible importance from art to architecture. Please keep things on topic.

Can I ask if the sea floor in the region has a deep shelf? Are there any scientists on the board who can model tsunamis from a given point in the ocean and get some hard data? Could be interesting.

By saying the walls of the volcano are fragile, could it be posible of a collapse, or side blowout like St Helens? Has much study been undertaken on submerged volcanos (which I imagine would be incredibly hard) and how they behave?

[edit on 30-3-2010 by Qumulys]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I'd expect the 2 main threats from this Volcano would be a underwater slip, not only displacing many thousands of tonnes of rock, but this would also expose the shallow Magma chamber which lies underneath the Mount Marsili. No doubt this would case a VEI6 eruption as the seawater rushes into this cavity and mixes with the Superheated gases and magma.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Havent found seismic data as of jet, but the Marsili is observed by a deep sea research robot geostar Latest Orion-Geostar 3 they are able to give high quality seismic data close to realtime
NEMO-SN1 seems somehow to be part of that and it is first part of ESONET but still no link for seismic data but maybe some help to find it.

The maga chamber underneath the vulkan shall be of the size of Swizerland.

[edit on 30-3-2010 by solosister]

[edit on 30-3-2010 by solosister]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join