It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RNC chairman dropped $1,900 at bondage-themed bar: report

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
rawstory.com...

Adding fuel to the fire already raging around Republican National Committee chairman Michael Steele, a little-noticed expense in the Republican Party's 2010 budget includes a nearly two thousand dollar tab for a bondage-themed bar in West Hollywood, according to a report on Tucker Carlson's new politics website.

The report cites figures from a new Federal Election Commission filing. According to the records, Steele dropped $1,946.25 at topless bar Voyeur West Hollywood, which the article notes is a "bondage-themed nightclub featuring topless women dancers imitating lesbian sex."

On the same California trip, the records say, Steele spent $9,099 at the Beverly Hills hotel and $6,596 at the Four Seasons.

I see nothing wrong with adults enjoying adult entertainment....but...

If you represent the party of "family values" as Mr. Steel does, then perhaps you should use your own money and not charge it to the RNC.

I see Mr. Steel on the way out. IMO I thought he was just a token blackman to make the GOP "look" inclusive.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Yeah. I would classify myself as conservative but I've always had problems with Mr. Steele. It was never any one specific thing. I just never saw him as charismatic, inspiring, smart or as real leadership material. I mean, Howard Dean is nutty but he'd get his party motivated and energized. I never saw that in Mr. Steele. Hopefully this will see him quietly removed.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Yeah, add to that though.

He is from the party that is against homosexuality, but then he pays thousands of dollars to watch 2 women get it on?

How bizarre.

A funny thing to note.

That guy spent more $$$ on his 1 night of fun, than my ENTIRE FAMILY spends in over a YEAR!

9,000$ + for his stay at the Beverly Hills hotel. That is such a rip off!

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
What really pissed me off about this is that he used RNC money to do this. I don't care about his kink, he's an adult, but that money is likely from donors who believe in what the GOP represents. It's a misuse of of what amounts to, in the end, supporter money.

One more reason to tell the two party dictatorship to eff off.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

There does seem to be a distinct thread of hypocrisy among the GOP and conservatives in general. Especially when stories like this and others finally see the light of day.

www.twcenter.net...

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Anyone voting for the Repubs or Dems in any upcoming elections are no longer my countryman.

Sorry, this Dem/Repub crap has got to stop. PERIOD.

edit to add-OP, I am sure you did a LITTLE checking to try and verify the story right?

Did you check the source of this writer, or did you just figure COOL, something to dish the Repubs with to further the Dem/Repub paradigm.

[edit on 3/29/2010 by endisnighe]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Here I was all sharing in your disgust and disdain. Then you had to go and drop this clinker-

Originally posted by whaaa
There does seem to be a distinct thread of hypocrisy among the GOP and conservatives in general.

Until people come to understand why that's counterproductive and off-putting, I'm afraid we're doomed to allowing TPTB continue to play the false dichotomy against us, The People.

Disappointing every time I see it, which is my fault. You'd think I'd be used to it by now.

+8 more 
posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe
Sorry, this Dem/Repub crap has got to stop. PERIOD.
edit to add-OP, I am sure you did a LITTLE checking to try and verify the story right?

Did you check the source of this writer, or did you just figure COOL, something to dish the Repubs with to further the Dem/Repub paradigm.

Of COURSE not! Why ruin a good story by checking the facts?

Anyone who cared for the truth would've gone to the report itself to see just what was reported and by/for whom.

The ACTUAL report shows this:
02/04/2010
VOYEUR WEST HOLLYWOOD
Meals $1,946.25
Schedule B, Itemized Disbursements, Republican National Committee

Same for the lodging expenses.

There is no reference whatsoever to Chairman Steele, or any individual for these expenses. A comparison of dates reveals that some RNC staffers may have traveled during the relevant periods, but Steele is nowhere to be found in the records.

This thread is more of the same hopelessly fraudulent crap taken as fact by the credulous BHO faithful.

Deny ignorance!

jw

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

What else is new?

The majority of Politicians are sexual deviants anyway, he will probably get high fives when he gets back to D.C

Republicans and now Democrats just about destroyed this country, I have no love for them.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297

The ACTUAL report shows this:
02/04/2010
VOYEUR WEST HOLLYWOOD
Meals $1,946.25
Schedule B, Itemized Disbursements, Republican National Committee

Right....a Republican accounting sheet.
you can't honestly expect anyone to believe that sanitized piece of tripe.

I prefer a conservative journalist that at least has some credibility.

dailycaller.com...

I am astonished at how many time I hear "both parties suck" but in the next breath there is support for the GOP and trashing of the progressives especially when the Godmother exgov. Palin enters the conversation.

There is a word for that.....3 guesses

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

From your link-

To be clear: We did not claim that Michael Steele personally visited Voyeur West Hollywood. In fact, and unfortunately, we still know almost nothing about that trip, including its purpose. If the RNC provides details, we’ll put them on the site immediately.

Hmmmmm. I think he has been Glenn Becked.

Accusation, then if it is not true. 3 words on the back of something as a retraction.

Of course even Beck has the phone line open.

Gotta love the political theater.

WAIT A MINUTE, HE IS BEING ACCUSED OF THIS BECAUSE OF HIS RACE!

[edit on 3/29/2010 by endisnighe]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
seems to me that neither side has any rights to point at one another... both sides are guilty of playing with hookers (this time it is strippers) ... neither side ought to be pointing fingers at one another till they get their own house in order...

could this be just another political play against one side or another? I think it is.

both sides are going to watch each other like hawks because there is a great deal at stake here, so if someone comes along and breaks wind in the wrong place or fashion the other is going to pi** and moan all over the MSM and themselves...

nothing new here... this type of finger pointing has been going on since before watergate and still it continues... what is to change the way they both act? not one thing

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I agree that one's own sexual funsies are their own and I don't care that he goes to a strip bar. I don't care that he goes to a 'raunchy' strip bar. What I do care about though is the hypocrisy of himself. He' anti-gay marriage rights yet he enjoys a little lesbian action.

Nice, thats why when you preach that everyone has to be 'perfect' to your standard, you better live up to it yourself or this stuff is going to come out and people are going to blow it up just to knock you down your hypocritical peg, loser.

I wonder how his base is going to feel that he spent GOP funds to see some lovely lady lumps.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Here, in the subject of fairness, the huffington post Has a follow-up to the story at the bottom of the page that states that after an investigation Michael Steele was not the patron at the club.

A statement from the RNC reads thusly:

We are investigating the expenditure in question. The story willfully and erroneously suggests that the expenditure in question was one belonging to the Chairman. This was a reimbursement made to a non-committee staffer.

The Chairman was never at the location in question, he had no knowledge of the expenditure, nor does he find the use of committee funds at such a location at all acceptable.

Good reporting would make that distinction crystal clear. The committee has requested that the monies be returned to the committee and that the story be corrected so that it is accurate."

It is FROM the RNC so take with that what you will...

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

No different than democRATS belly aching about rich people all the time when they are they richest elected officials , or yaking up the green baloney while in there own private jets or worse taxpayer funded jets ,

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
The problem with the truth is it's usually not what we want it to be.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
Right....a Republican accounting sheet. you can't honestly expect anyone to believe that sanitized piece of tripe.

I prefer a conservative journalist that at least has some credibility.

dailycaller.com...

There is a word for that.....3 guesses

Yeah, there is: beholden.

Your credible "conservative journalist" proves that the OP is entirelt based upon false suppositions and amounts to slander:

To be clear: We did not claim that Michael Steele personally visited Voyeur West Hollywood. In fact, and unfortunately, we still know almost nothing about that trip, including its purpose.

dailycaller.com...

Your bias has gotten the better of your 'judgment' (however weak that is).

Deny ignorance!

jw

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Thanks to VintageEnvy, we know that even the far left has abdicated the new-found reverence for Tucker Carlson's self-serving "reportage."

Even HuffPo acknowledges that anti-conservative bravura has gotten the best of some people's judgment:

This was a reimbursement made to a non-committee staffer.
The Chairman was never at the location in question, he had no knowledge of the expenditure, nor does he find the use of committee funds at such a location at all acceptable.

Good reporting would make that distinction crystal clear.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Unfortunately for ATS, many of the members have no idea, or willingly ignore, the concept of "good reporting."

Deny ignorance.

jw

[edit on 30-3-2010 by jdub297]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

The thread title should be changed. It's inaccurate and doesn't match the title of the story linked to. "RNC fires staffer who expensed $1,900 at bondage-themed bar" is factually correct.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

Anyone who knows the material the OP of this thread posts here at ATS knows that facts are not high on his/her list of priorities. He has been reported, but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for the higher ups to act.

'Bondage club' expense irks insiders

RNC Communications Director Doug Heye insisted that Steele has “never” been to the club.

“The Chairman was never at the location in question, he had no knowledge of the expenditure, nor does he find the use of committee funds at such a location at all acceptable,” Heye said.

The RNC says it is “investigating” what happened, and as they do many questions remain.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join