It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Door to Afterlife From Ancient Egyptian Tomb Found

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Door to Afterlife From Ancient Egyptian Tomb Found

abcnews.go.com

Archaeologists have unearthed a 3,500-year-old door to the afterlife from the tomb of a high-ranking Egyptian official near Karnak temple in Luxor, the Egyptian antiquities authority said Monday.

These recessed niches found in nearly all ancient Egyptian tombs were meant to take the spirits of the dead to and from the afterworld. The nearly six-foot- tall (1.75 meters) slab of pink granite was covered with religious texts.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Blows my mind that 3,000 years later we're still finding things as if Egyptian antiquity was just found. Obviously, many would allege we know nothing about anything anyhow.

Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to be a big find, in terms of revealing aliens or ancient egyptian use of nuclear power or atlantis or anything. Interesting, nevertheless.

abcnews.go.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
S&F.

Another example that we just haven't dug deep enough yet... to whatever lays beneath.

Just amazing the stone sizes and wts of everything they made.

Keep digging folks...

I can't wait to see what they may find in Bosnia.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Why Bosnia? What's going on there?

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hadrian

haven't you heard? The Bosnian belt buckle. It proves beyond a reasonable doubt that Bosnia was host to the first rodeo event over 10,000 years ago.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I just made an interesting coincidental observation from two totally different, yet somewhat similar stories. Allow me to clarify:

From this ATS thread created in April of 2006 Huge StarGate found !!

a quote from the OP in that thread from the discoverer:

The door, or the "Puerta de Hayu Marca" (Gate of the gods/spirits) has been at some time in the distant past carved out of a natural rock face and in all measures exactly seven meters in height by seven meters in width with a smaller alcove in the center at the base, which measures in at just under two meters in height. Jose Luis Delgado Mamani stumbled across the structure while trekking through the surrounding foothills trying to familiarize himself with the area as his job is as a guide for mountaineering tourists.

"When I saw the structure for the first time, I almost passed out..." said Mamani in an interview with the local press. "I have dreamed of such a construction repeatedly over the years, but in the dream the path to the door was paved with pink marble, and with pink marble statues lining either side of the path. In the dream, I also saw that the smaller door was open and there was a brilliant blue light coming from what looked like a shimmering tunnel. I have commented to my family many times about these dreams, and so when I finally gazed upon the doorway, it was like a revelation from God... How do you make order of such a strange occurrence?"

Now a quote from the story in this OP:

The nearly six-foot- tall (1.75 meters) slab of pink granite was covered with religious texts.

The significant coincidence is the reference to the "pink" stone and their relative size (the alcove portion in the Peruvian one that is).

This seems uniquely similar does it not? Not to mention these locations are on opposite sides of the globe.

[edit on 3/29/2010 by UberL33t]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Not much. He's probably referring to the "connect the dot" connection people try to make in regards to Atlantis.

www.archaeology.org/online/features/osmanagic/

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Interesting comparison between the two separate cases. I know it's a stretch, but I've always thought that the Egyptian ankh looks like some sort of key. The ankh is supposed to stand for 'life'. The pharoahs are almost always depicted holding one. What if it's the key to the DOOR of the afterlife? In that case, they might be the means by which to open the 'doors' or activate the portals or stargates. Like I said, I know it's a stretch.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I'm looking forward to the day that we dig TOO deep -- open up a world that we can't even detect for whatever reason. Glowing pits to other dimensions, full of Balrogs...

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Bosnian Pyramid

Pyramids were big business back in the day...

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Hadrian

Sorry about that, I should have been more descriptive. I don't have much time but here are a few sites about the Bosnian Pyramids. Check it out. Has me looking at every big hill-thinking.... what if....
You won't be bored. Some new photos in these links I just saw for the first time today.
Enjoy
and thank you MemoryShock for posting that link.

www.bosnianpyramids.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
images.google.com...:en-us:IE-SearchBox&oe=UTF-8&rlz=&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=TDCxS--eD4H-8Aag5IX6AQ&sa=X&oi=i mage_result_group&ct=title&resnum=4&ved=0CBwQsAQwAw
www.bosnian-pyramid.com...
www.piramidasunca.ba...

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by gazerstar

You could be onto something there gazerstar

Still loads being found on Earth... clues are everywhere... i think we should all stop and take a look... we need to know the truth and see the truth before its too late...

The Holy Grail is soon to be found... i reckon its the gateway...

I think we are here to figure out this riddle/game...

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Humanity is just one big ol' computer, trying to calculate the answer to a certain question... Or the question to a certain answer.

Riddle me this

new topics

top topics

join