It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What terrorism looks like

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
This is what terrorism looks like . Its only a matter of time until this happens in the US . The UK s dailymail did such a great job of capturing this event that I just had to post this.

In scenes that will have been chillingly familiar to Londoners after the July 7 bombings in 2005, bloodied and injured passengers emerged onto the streets looking bewildered. The first explosion tore through the second carriage of a metro train just before 8am as it stood at the Lubyanka station, close to the headquarters of Russia's main domestic security service FSB. It killed at least 23 people. About 40 minutes later, another blast in the second carriage of a train waiting at the Park Kultury metro station, opposite Gorky Park, killed 12 to 14 more people. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...
www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
It is Jihad not terrorism. While I agree that denigrating the holy obligation of muslims around the world to the mere petty criminal act is useful and even funny, it does not describe what it is we confront.

Jihad is real and it is the holy obligation of all muslims. Jihad it not terrorism.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by mike_trivisonno

Well now, that depends very much on the observer doesn't it? Jihad, as I understand it, is waged 'gainst enemies of the faith who threaten it. What threat did those commuters pose to Islam? Some of them might even have been of the Islamic faith...thought about that?

Like the proverbial duck...

If it looks like terrorism, smells like terrorism, kills like terrorism, it most likely is terrorism...

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
A pertinent comment from your source-

More victims of the virulent mind-virus known as "religion".

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
jihad in other words means survival...

jihad is only declared on those who threaten you're country/religion

those london bombings and 9/11 where done by extremists who broke the laws of thier own religion by attacking other people. it is also widely understood that 9/11 was an inside job...

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by mike_trivisonno
It is Jihad not terrorism. While I agree that denigrating the holy obligation of muslims around the world to the mere petty criminal act is useful and even funny, it does not describe what it is we confront.

Jihad is real and it is the holy obligation of all muslims. Jihad it not terrorism.

There is nothing 'holy' about it. To kill innocent people is cruel and a crime.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Your right of course that Jihad is not terrorism by the standards of the Koran, its meant to be an internal struggle but unfortunetly the term is used by the same people who use the Koran as a religious excuse to kill other people.

In saying that the term is now so synonamus with terrorism that there next to no difference in the minds of 99% of the westrn population.

The Russians though are gonna go mental bombing the hell out of some place in retrebution.

Typical religious nut jobs at work here, mind you how many high ranking terrorists are willing to become mayrters? hmmmm none they are very willing to send there own people on suicide missions whilst they sit back and take all the credit.

There so called leaders are just as bad as ours but they think they are better gotta love the hypocracy and ironic nature of it all.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
"Cry ‘Havoc!’ and let loose the dogs of war."

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
IMHO typical FSB/CIA/Mossad/SSI/MIxyz operation. They developed "jihad" in cooperation with MSM. For sure the act was committed by "fundamentalists" but who is financing them literally and ideologically? Bearded caveman who is probably dead? Just wait for cui bono and we will see who is behind.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by zeddissad
IMHO typical FSB/CIA/Mossad/SSI/MIxyz operation. They developed "jihad" in cooperation with MSM. For sure the act was committed by "fundamentalists" but who is financing them literally and ideologically? Bearded caveman who is probably dead? Just wait for cui bono and we will see who is behind.

I think nowadays there are enough people who are infected by religion to get together plan and finance these things themselves.

I don't doubt that some three letter orginisation had or have a hand in some of it but its almost like we are giving these people an excuse for what they do.

"Ahhh achmed don't worry you'll still go to paradise just tell Allah the CIA made you do it or because they gave you lots of money you just had to spend it on a bomb and kill people, its not your fault"

If the three letter orginisations set them going give them funds,weapons ect they still have to make the decision to go ahead and commit the act.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
This is what terrorism looks like to me.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
This is what terrorism looks like to me.

I agree that there just as bad but there far from the only ones, there plenty of Arabs, pakistanis, afghans, Iraq's to add to that list hell the list is endless anyone the needlessly continues a war on either side is just as bad as the other in my book.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Then perhaps there ought to be a way that the word cannot be used... because many if not all of these lunatic bastards use the word when they go out and kill innocent people and then claim they are doing it in the name of God...

so the word then means exactly what they call it... and in this case terrorism...

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by RizeorDieit is also widely understood that 9/11 was an inside job...

7/7/05 may well have been an inside job as well:

video.google.com...#

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by jpmail
I think nowadays there are enough people who are infected by religion to get together plan and finance these things themselves.

I don't doubt that some three letter orginisation had or have a hand in some of it but its almost like we are giving these people an excuse for what they do.

"Ahhh achmed don't worry you'll still go to paradise just tell Allah the CIA made you do it or because they gave you lots of money you just had to spend it on a bomb and kill people, its not your fault"

If the three letter orginisations set them going give them funds,weapons ect they still have to make the decision to go ahead and commit the act.

You are right indeed. Killing innocents is always crime and all perpetrators should be punished. But my point is that "war on terrorism" should aim head of the beast - i.e. three letter organisations. Bombing "rag-heads" in remote villages will make things only worse. Again, who will gain from this attacks? Security agencies will get more funds and more power, strong russian nationalism will be stronger (it is not wise to speak foreign language on Moscow streets) etc... Terrorist attacks were pretext for both wars in Chechnya, Afghanistan, Iraq, ... That is called collective punishment and have nothing to do with justice. Just wait few month and we will see.

new topics

top topics

join