It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Militia members charged with police-killing plot

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Militia members charged with police-killing plot

Nine suspects tied to a Christian militia in the Midwest are charged with conspiring to kill police officers, then attack a funeral in the hopes of killing more law enforcement people, federal prosecutors said Monday. U.S. Attorney Barbara McQuade said agents moved on the group because the Hutaree members were planning a violent reconaissance mission sometime in April — just a few days away. Members of the group called Hutaree are charged in the case, including their leader, David Brian Stone, also known as "Captain Hutaree." Once other officers gathered for a slain officer's funeral, the group planned to detonate homemade bombs at the funeral, killing more, according to newly unsealed court papers. The indictment includes charges of seditious conspiracy, possessing a firearm during a crime of violence, teaching the use of explosives, and attempting to use a weapon of mass destruction — homemade bombs. The indictment charges members of the group conspired "to levy war against the United States, (and) to oppose by force the authority of the government of the United States."

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
These guys were not what most would consider a militia group.
More like well armed "Christian" zealots with a perverted notion that taking out law enforcement personnel would further their cause.

As I've said in an earlier post -

I support any and all militia movements and groups provided they follow the laws set forth to govern them. When they step outside of that perimeter, and no longer think the rule of law applies to them

then they have essentially become the very thing we should fight against.
IMHO

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by LatentElement
These guys were not what most would consider a militia group.

When I conceptually think of a milita, I think of a bunch of boys with their toys playing paintball wars every other weekend...actually sounds like great fun frankly..

Also, I see them as people that, if some event like Red Dawn did occur and hell froze over/America got invaded...they would be a strong defense if our army fell...they are more symbolic than functional.

These guys, if the charges are true, are not so much milita verses...oh..a group of sociopathic cultists.

I think the only real way for milita groups to shrug off this is to go public actively condemning these idiots as the anti-american terrorists they are...dont spend time "feeling bad" for them or understanding how growing frustration will make anyone want to start bombing cops...just go on every public channel and give the harshest of words towards these chaps if its true..if anything, these christian militants attacked the milita's of America more than "the man".

Now that thats said, there is already a thread going on...however its already 20 pages...

CX

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Not exactly a very Christian act, killing cops.

I can't see why people give themselve the religous tags when what they do is completely against their religion?

Another thing, i know people say that this is not the kind of militia we normally think about, but for the normal militias, how would they react to a raid like this?

As far as i'm aware, militias are usualy armed in some way, are pretty well versed with defending and protecting themselves. Would they let themselves be "taken" as easy as this?

Pretty much goes against everything they trained for doesn't it?

CX.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by CX
Would they let themselves be "taken" as easy as this?

Pretty much goes against everything they trained for doesn't it?

CX.

Bravado disappears when your door is kicked in and 4 combat shotguns are aimed at your head while your half asleep and a rabid dog barking at your face...you will be suprised how quickly you find all that training little more than a fun past time you used to do and your actually a peace loving hippy...

These raids dont start with a polite knock on the door and wait for them to arm up...they may get a tiny knock on the door a half second before the doors and windows blow up all over the place.

[edit on 29-3-2010 by SaturnFX]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I bet this is the EXACT reason why these militias are going to start declaring war on the .Gov.

Because the .Gov thinks they can kick down anyones door, arrest anyone, and charge them with "Defying the Authority of the US Govt".

It is going to be so funny when push comes to shove...

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
According to the report, this was not about simply disagreeing w/ the Federal Gov. This was about actively plotting to kill LEO's, then trying to blow up more at a funeral.

According to several sources (statements on other militia's websites), this particular Milita group has very few allies, and most others who commented over the weekend stated that they were considered very over the top and a dangerous group. It seems that the raid was undertaken against this group only, and the militia's that follow the laws were not targeted in any way. While I object to placing pipe bombs in the same category as nukes, I don't see anything else wrong about the actions committed against them. It's not ok to try and kill a bunch of cops and their already grieving families. I would hope most can agree on that.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
This was staged.
It was most likely an attempt to cause trouble with other real militia groups.
One news article states that a Hutaree member called another militia asking if he could hide out with them.
That is an OBVIOUS attempt to take the trouble directly to the other group.
All it takes is some lame harboring of a wanted person to bring down a load of search and seizure.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
I bet this is the EXACT reason why these militias are going to start declaring war on the .Gov.

Because the .Gov thinks they can kick down anyones door, arrest anyone, and charge them with "Defying the Authority of the US Govt".

It is going to be so funny when push comes to shove...

Well, If what is said is true, then ya...the government does have the authority to do just that.

I dont think having a bunch of fringe nuts inhabiting federal prison is all that funny when push comes to shove...but hey, in todays economy, a lengthy stay in club fed does offer a bit of governmental security I suppose.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Well, I read the same story as everyone else and I still think this is not so much a crime on the part of some citizens as much as it is a message on the part of the govt.

And it's obviously working...nasty innocent cop killers they are not, not patriots that are trying to protect the population/ward off the police state....

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Well I see ATS is now 9 members light...

As many on here who wish death to cops and rant in threads how cops deserve to die etc...I wouldn't be suprised...of course of the few members I wish would be arrested, I now know they haven't been...because like 15 minutes ago they again posted about death to cops....guess they'll pick them up on their second raid...

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
Well, I read the same story as everyone else and I still think this is not so much a crime on the part of some citizens as much as it is a message on the part of the govt.

No, its a crime on the part of some citizens

In the criminal law, a conspiracy is an agreement between two or more persons to break the law at some time in the future, and, in some cases, with at least one overt act in furtherance of that agreement. There is no limit on the number participating in the conspiracy and, in most countries, no requirement that any steps have been taken to put the plan into effect (compare attempts which require proximity to the full offence). For the purposes of concurrence, the actus reus is a continuing one and parties may join the plot later and incur joint liability and conspiracy can be charged where the co-conspirators have been acquitted or cannot be traced. Finally, repentance by one or more parties does not affect liability but may reduce their sentence.

Ignorance of the law does not get you off the hook. They had the plans, the means, the illegal modified weapons, the explosives, etc...

if the reports are true...which we dont know, but from what I read...if what is being reported is true, these chaps are going to be in prison for awhile.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Please add any comments to the existing threads found here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed.

For future reference.

ATS Search – Please Use This Link.

top topics

join