It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New mandate for GM seeds in China

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Noted filmmaker, author, public speaker and health researcher Gary Null, PhD, included an exclusive story at a talk he gave yesterday in Los Angeles:

At a just concluded conference, China agreed to begin using only Monsanto GM seeds throughout China. A conference attendee leaked that information to Gary, although all attendees there had been told to say nothing about that agreement.

I am posting this story in the Fragile Earth forum because so far there is no independent confirmation of that news. When I find any updates, I will post those here.

Gary's archives are online at a non-web HTTP site. Here is that link:

garynull.org...

His most recent shows are recorded online at The Progressive Radio Network:

www.progressiveradionetwork.com...

His regular website is:

www.garynull.com...

[edit on 3/29/2010 by Uphill]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I have nothing but great respect for Dr. Null. And if he received reliable info... Oh dear.

My heart goes out to those in China.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
This is frightening and, (can't believe I'm saying this) reassuring at the same time. China has been using some very dangerous GMOs for a long time, feeding them to to their own people as well as shipping the products abroad into countries where those particular GMOs are illegal for human consumption. People have gotten very sick from illegal GMOs out of China. I don't know where China was getting their GM seeds before, and I'm not trying to glorify Monsanto here, I'll be the first to tell you how absolutely devastating that company has been to our health and environment, AND I don't deny that some of Monsanto's products are known to be dangerous for human consumption, but at the same time maybe there's hope that Monsanto's seeds will only be of the GMOs approved for human consumption. It's not a step in the right direction but maybe Monsanto's strict involvement will prevent some of the more dangerous GMOs from entering our food supply. I'd like to see a world where there's no Monsanto or GMOs but as it stands China has already decided that GMOs are the way to go.

What we can do is never knowingly buy any food product imported from China, and when you do see a product at a grocery store that is imported (like a lot of fish for example), contact the corporate headquarters of that grocery chain and let them know that you will not buy that product because it's imported from China. This really works if enough people complain.

new topics

join