It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A short but concise idea on how to stop pollution from vehicles

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Ok, first off i know we used to have trams back in the day before cars, buses and the trains we have today and i also know that trains have got much faster over time so people can travel around at a much quicker rate but i'm thinking what if we used one or 2 seater vehicles like on the rollercoaster rides and had rails on the roads like they have on the rollercoaster? Not only would this halt pollution from all the gas used it would be very fast and efficient... imagine just jumping on and off right outside your home... these rails would be in every street... could do away with the cars and buses altogether.... if you look at a rollercoaster ride and then imagine that same layout on the streets it could work i'm sure... these would also be private so you wouldn't be squeezed up to people like sardines (as you get on the buses and trains)

I've heard not so long ago that there are scientists working on a similar idea with electric but how far is this away from reality?

[edit on 29-3-2010 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

I hate to burst your bubble, but we are having trouble maintaining our road/rail infrastructure now. Can you imagine the cost of maintaining a rail system that goes to every home and place of business?

Also, what happens if you want to go somehere the new rail system does not go? No more 4 wheel driving, no more hunting out in the wilderness, etc.

I am afraid your idea is not quite practical. Sorry.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I LOVE rollercoasters, but I'm sure they pollute as well.

I mean, think of all the puke that would be everywhere.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

That's not exactly stopping pollution from vehicles though, that's just changing to a system/mode of transport that doesn't use any fuel.

But... It would cost billions to put this all over the country/world and I personally think it would be unworkable.
You would have to have it going in every possible direction, replacing paths and roads... and you would also put Petrol/oil companies and car companies out of business..

And as the World is run/owned by corporations/businessmen.... then I can't see it happening.

As it stands now... you could run a car on water/air and a number of free/extremely cheap other sources.... but do you think that Shell or Texaco or BP are going to allow that?

Never.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by BomSquad

It is pratical in the cities... obviously to go out into the mountains or into the wilderness you could take a ride to your nearest destination and then maybe hire a car to go the rest of the way as they do now when you take a flight to another country... but ok this would do away with the car altogether in this respect but we could certainly get rid of hell lot of cars and buses....

The idea for the coaster was patented way back in 1885 and the first trams were in use in 1807... put the 2 together and we would have had a lot less pollution, cancers and other diseases...

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

I do see what you mean by it costing a lot but i can almost visualize it being like this in the future... as i said there are scientists already working on ideas of this sort and as for those companies its tough... they would have to go out of business....

I also know it would take a hell of a long time to build these but in the end i feel it would be worth it for the Environment...

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
lol...

ok, watch this video...this is the transportation of the (hopefully near) future.

minimal energy, incredible speeds, etc.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
reply to post by blupblup

I do see what you mean by it costing a lot but i can almost visualize it being like this in the future... as i said there are scientists already working on ideas of this sort and as for those companies its tough... they would have to go out of business....

With many politicians and world leaders having stakes/shares in these oil companies and weapons companies and so on.... there's no way that green transport will become our sole source of transport.

Hell It's taken this long just to get some sort of hybrid cars out... and the technology/design has been around for years.

It's just not the way the world world man...

Hopefully with all this pressure and talk of environmentally friendly stuff and green everything, we're getting closer.

But I can't see it happening in my lifetime.

I also know it would take a hell of a long time to build these but in the end i feel it would be worth it for the Environment...

I'm not saying It's a bad idea... it's a fantastic idea, but as I said... Corporations and big business rule the world mate.... ain't gonna happen.

It's the same with Big Pharma (Medicine companies)... they could come up with cures for a whole range of ailments and diseases... but do you think they will?
Nope...

As Chris Rock says "The money's not in the cure, The money's in the medicine"

Same with transport... the money is in the fuel really.

Same with energy... we''ve had wind and water power for years and years... and solar power... we could be totally green by now.... but where's the money for the energy companies gonna come from?

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Good post OP, and good thread.

This I see is the future of regional transportation. Individual self charging electric gps oriented taxis that operate in and around cities using the existing roads embedded with magnetic and gps sensors that the vehicles are able to follow.

This would also provide a means of gradually phasing this system into our existing infrastructure of roads and bridges. Also, while also sharing the roads with other human controlled vehicles.

I am a JEEP owner as well ! This system could be used to commute to work during the week as well as allowing one to use their 4x4's on the weekends, saving lots of gas and pollution.

We actually already have this technology in place in most of the automotive manufacturing world. I was working at Mercedes and AUDI as a consultant a few years ago and they deliver the parts to the assembly lines using robotically controlled vehicles guiding themselves by magnetic tracks in the floor. GM, Toyota and Honda all have similar systems as well.

They also naturally have safeguards built in that prevent them from running over any day dreaming employees.

The vacuumn tube transports is definitely the future of longer distance high speed transport. But will need a significant investment in infrastructure.

It is already being utilized in the governments network of deep underground bases, but for civilian use, unless the govt would be willing to share portions of their existing network of tunnels ....which I somewhat doubt, we won't be seeing this happening anytime soon.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Great video.... lets hope it goes according to plan... i for one am fed up with the pollution which comes from cars especially... i need to breath nice fresh air not fumes...

I'd also like to add at this point that i still think there are way too many buildings built and still being built which are cutting off our energy supply we get from nature...

nh_ee i read your post too and cheers for the contribution

new topics

top topics

join