It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese city is world’s hacker hub-finally tracked down!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   

A CITY in eastern China has been identified as the world capital of cyber-espionage by an American internet security company. Researchers for Symantec found almost 30% of “malicious” emails were sent from China and that 21.3% came from the city of Shaoxing alone. They were able to identify key targets for the hackers as experts in Asian defence policy and human rights activists, strongly suggesting state involvement.

Source: technology.timesonline.co.uk...

Leave it to the UK papers, again.

I am sure most people suspected Chinas involvement but now it appears they can finally track the hackers back to their home base. To me, just another indicator that the Chinese will be starting something-when it fits them most-and I think that time is quickly coming.

So, what are we gonna do about it? Nothing I am sure.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
with that many of people living in china, its not just possible but probable that 30% of every 3u$@13413!#$ in the internet comes from there

but from one city, thats a little Hollywood for me ... will they provide reports and some other evidences? strange

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Faiol
with that many of people living in china, its not just possible but probable that 30% of every 3u$@13413!#$ in the internet comes from there

but from one city, thats a little Hollywood for me ... will they provide reports and some other evidences? strange

thanks for putting things into perspective

we can bet our mama that 30% of most things come from china and goes to china

I bet you that 30% of US merchandise item come from china

new topics

join