It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police accused of trespass after 'burgling' 50 homes... to show owners how insecure they are Read

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
It must suck to live in the U.K. and have no rights, no due process, no privacy, and no ability to defend yourself. Anything those folks hold dear, they seem willing to drop in a heartbeat the moment the good ol' trusty government tells them it's for their own good.

Sadly, the U.S. is becoming more like that every day.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
What do you think would happen if they entered the house and found a valuable such as a bong among things in the house.

This is just an excuse to enter and snoop around, I wouldn't be surprised if they were looking for and documenting guns.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
If this were a voluntary program I could see the lesson value of police testing security system, etc. I think it could be great training for law enforcement as well. However, the method the police use to break into anyones home they want without foreknowledge of the owner is absolutely retarded.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I just bet there have been some measures set up (and 'on display' in a locked filing cabinet) whereby there is no legal recourse for the homeowner/tenant.
If you find some big guy climbing through a window and you beat the tar out of him, you get arrested for assaulting a police officer. If you have sensitive/confidential material in your home and the 'burglar' policeman sees it, you have no way of pursuing them in the courts. If you have something illegal on your premises and they find it, I bet there's a raid coming very shortly. Usually it would be inadmissible due to the lack of warrant. In this case it was 'accidentally discovered during a community outreach program. It's all in the 'interests of the community'. This is simply wrong.

I have no quarrel with the law or law enforcement, but there's a part of me that really wants to see one of these intruders get the snot beaten out of them. As many have noted, if you tried this in the US you'd likely get something pointy and fast coming at you from a big ol' firearm.

Stupid. Community policing should be about walking the beat, not breaking and entering.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I just wonder about all that lovely overtime that's being earned by those coppers who maybe choose to take the "midnight prowl" assignments.

If I still lived in the UK and this was happening in MY neighbourhood, I would set loads of boobytraps and leave a window ajar.

Then we'll see how stupid this really is when I stand over the body of a permenantly scarred detective with a phone in my hand casually dialing for an ambulance with a big grin on my face.

PRIVATE PROPERTY! Is there still such a thing in the UK? Seems "they" are pushing the bounderies further and further every day in an attempt to sway the status quo.

Gits!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join