It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Franken Unhinged: Shutting Up Staffers and Journalist

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Just another amusing example of Franken's ire. Granted the questioning was a little a little tough by Mattera but I guess that should be expected. Franken even chided his own staffer who tried to intervene.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   

I still can't believe he even got elected to the senate. The funny part is that he answered the question and tried to deflect the questions and the guy wasn't having it.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I like that Jason Mattera guy.
The look on Franken's face when Jason called him "Senator Smally"

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by joey_hv
I like that Jason Mattera guy.
The look on Franken's face when Jason called him "Senator Smally"

Hahah! I know! I was cracking up when he said that!

That reporter guy has a sense of humor!

And Senator Smalley still didn't answer any of the questions, lol!

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
He should have just walked away when the "reporter" (and I use that term loosely, more like a paparazzi) wouldn't let him answer the question.

You can't just assault a person verbally and expect them to be civil to you. I would have eventually ignored him and went on.

Could I do that to you and expect you to remain civil?

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
He should have just walked away when the "reporter" (and I use that term loosely, more like a paparazzi) wouldn't let him answer the question.

You can't just assault a person verbally and expect them to be civil to you. I would have eventually ignored him and went on.

Could I do that to you and expect you to remain civil?

Yeah I would remain civil because I am an adult.

But then again, I didn't see any part like that in the video.

I saw the guy give Sen. Franken like 10 chances to answer. But Mr Franken did NOT want to answer those loaded questions.

Hell Sen Franken did not read the bill, he is not in a position to answer anything about it.

That is why he pretended that the reporter was cutting him off (not true), so that he would have a false reason to get out of answering the questions.

Can't you see how politicians operate? It is so obvious for those who have open eyes.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

You have a slight air of naivete about you friend. That is how Washington D.C. operates. If you don't have the rhetorical chops to defend your position, then you don't belong there.

The fact is that the Senator got his butt handed to him.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Light of Night

I don't so much think he was elected. I mean it took long enough to find the extra....lost ballots that weren't counted yet. He just played the courts long enough to steal the seat, in my opinion. And yup, he got his butt handed to him, how ironic?

[edit on 29-3-2010 by adifferentbreed]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I have to say I dont like senator smalley but that dude def didnt give him much of a chance to answer the question there. It was rather annoying what he did as I wanted to see Smalley's actual reasoning behind the two things the reporter propossed, especially the breast milk thing.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
there is a big difference in being an aggressive reporter asking tough questions, and this guy. terrible job. all you have to do is let him answer the question, he would have made himself look like a fool. but by badgering franken, the reporter lost credibility and gave franken an out. amateur job

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Mattera is known for his confrontations. YouTube is full of his clips.

Notice that he started off with a compliment to Franken and then lowered the boom. Franken or any politician should be able to rise above this type of amateur attack. However, he chose to lower himself or actually show his true colors instead. There are plenty of clips of Franken speaking this way to others who have asked him difficult questions.

The clip just illuminates Franken's character flaw. He has more experience as a comedian than a politician and he should have been able to either laugh it off or come back with a quip.

Better yet, let the attacker speak his peace and calmly respond after. Franken played right into his hands with his aggressive response.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I dont know if you watched the same video as I did, and I cant im going to actually defend stuart smalley for a second, but he did try and let the reporter state his peace and then answer. If you watched the vid you would notice that as soon as he opened up his mouth the "reporter" started talkin over him. I think he would have made himself look like and idiot had he been given enough rope to hang himself, since, he is an idiot. But, if you ask tough questions, you need to let the guy answer instead of trying to be intentionally rude and talking over the guy.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Don't worry about your breath and you arm pits, Al, it's your personality that stinks,

www.youtube.com...

But anyway,

The guy was kinda rude.

[edit on 013131p://bMonday2010 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Well let's hope he doesn't get Wellstoned. Franken's election was highly leveraged in the wake of an apparent CIA assassination.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by dizzie56

What video clip?
If you read my last post above yours you would get the gist of my view of this event. I expect better behavior from a Freshman so new to politics. His mettle was tested and he failed.

Cheers!

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
We've been hearing the "better behavior" bit ever since the funeral of the last senator who got Wellstoned. Better behavior? Or time for apologies from the hit men?

www.linktv.org...

He worked for a secret network that used loans from the World Bank, payoffs, extortion, sex, military coups and political assassinations to create the American empire.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

The 'reporter' was an arse and a waste of time. I fail to understand how anyone could fault Franken in this exchange...I'd a' clocked the guy.

And his reference to jungle gyms? "See...right there..."

The provision Mattera himself reads refers to giving grants to "provide physical activity opportunities" in order to reduce chronic disease. After falsely claiming that the bill contains a provision "giving $7 billion to fund jungle gyms," Mattera reads the provision he's referring to, which contains no mentions of "jungle gyms." In the "Creating Healthier Communities" portion of the Senate version of the bill, under the section "Community Transformation Grants," entities receiving grants may use them toward activities such as "creating healthier school environments, including increasing healthy food options, physical activity opportunities, promotion of healthy lifestyle, emotional wellness, and prevention curricula, and activities to prevent chronic diseases." www.huffingtonpost.com...

Does it really take a rocket scientist to understand that healthy kids become healthy adults...what's the current costing on the obesity epidemic?

I suggest that the OP take off his rabid right coloured glasses and see this interview for the nonsense it really is.

But that'd be asking a lot....

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck
reply to post by jibeho

The 'reporter' was an arse and a waste of time. I fail to understand how anyone could fault Franken in this exchange...I'd a' clocked the guy.

And his reference to jungle gyms? "See...right there..."

The provision Mattera himself reads refers to giving grants to "provide physical activity opportunities" in order to reduce chronic disease. After falsely claiming that the bill contains a provision "giving $7 billion to fund jungle gyms," Mattera reads the provision he's referring to, which contains no mentions of "jungle gyms." In the "Creating Healthier Communities" portion of the Senate version of the bill, under the section "Community Transformation Grants," entities receiving grants may use them toward activities such as "creating healthier school environments, including increasing healthy food options, physical activity opportunities, promotion of healthy lifestyle, emotional wellness, and prevention curricula, and activities to prevent chronic diseases." www.huffingtonpost.com...

Does it really take a rocket scientist to understand that healthy kids become healthy adults...what's the current costing on the obesity epidemic?

I suggest that the OP take off his rabid right coloured glasses and see this interview for the nonsense it really is.

But that'd be asking a lot....

Hey good to see you! Thanks for dropping into my personal right wing conspiracy against Al Franken

If you read any of my posts regarding this manner you would find that I am defending no one. This "reporter" is known to confront and agitate. His questioning style is certainly amateur. However, Franken fell right into the game. He took the bait and got snared.

This happens a lot on ATS. The baiting game just to get a response. Your post is a prime example of this technique.

If Franken had any tact as a politician he should have been able to defuse and deflate this guy. I guess telling him to "Shut Up" is the best that he could do. Or better yet, Franken could just admit that he hadn't read that particular section or couldn't recall the detail. No one can remember 2300 pages of BS. Franken needs a chill pill. He is trying to throw is light weight around a little much for a Freshman. He hasn't earned his stripes yet.

BTW I fully support active youth and playgrounds. I was a State Park Ranger for two years after college. However, this thread isn't about that now is it. Let's not try to polish Franken the turd.

Oh and the road to healthy kids starts in the home not in the playground. Healthy kids usually have healthy parents. All of the state of the art playgrounds in the world are worthless unless the parents of these kids cast off the constraints of work and life for an hour and actually take their kids out to play on these playgrounds. I usually have just as much fun there as my kids.

[edit on 30-3-2010 by jibeho]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
Thanks for dropping into my personal right wing conspiracy against Al Franken

No problem. I simply tire of the right carrying on that there must be something amiss if their own candidates weren't elected.

And Franken's background as a comic? Irrelevant.

I submit St. Ronald...

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

What a cute monkey!!

I used to think Franken was pretty funny as a comedian. Unfortunately, he let politics get in the way of his once clever humor. Seems to be pretty popular problem in Hollywood these days.

Fortunately, the Republicans also had Gopher on our side in addition to Reagan. Neither one of them had a mean bone in their body.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join