It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large Hadron Collider to start high energy 'God Particle' hunt

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Large Hadron Collider to start high energy 'God Particle' hunt

www.telegraph. co.uk

Scientists at the European Centre for Nuclear Research (Cern), which operates the £5bn atom-smasher on the Franco-Swiss border, are expected to restart high-energy operations on Tuesday morning.

Their aim is to steer speeding atomic particles into head-on collisions in a bid to mimic the conditions seen moments after the Big Bang.

Physicists also hope it will ultimately allow them to find the elusive Higgs boson, the so-called "God particle" that theoretically gives mass to other subatomic particles, and thus everything in the universe.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
The Most Plausible Scenario for which BlueBeam is enacted

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Ever wonder why they hype this Large Hadron Collider hunt for "god-particles" and create fake hysteria over its "ability to create black holes, recreate Big Bang, blah blah"?

This is the whole 2012 cover story, where its all been leading for decades. The Large Hadron Collider "explodes" on 12-21-12, creating some sort of "black hole" that "threatens to destroy the earth"! There is a spectacular laser light show that night that freaks everyone out (Project Bluebeam/ HAARP).

Eventually, UFO's show up and converge over Switzerland to "fix" the black hole. The "aliens" give us a message saying, "don't mess with that again, stop being at war and create the NWO". Then they leave.

www.telegraph. co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Its probobally already been noticed already. But the Logo for CERN either spells out CON "CONcern" or 666.

upload.wikimedia.org...

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
This will be the highest energy collisions ever achieved by man. Saturday night they ramped power up to 3.5 TeV per beam. On Tuesday, they will take those two beams and run them Into each other. I regularly follow the LHC Blog via Facebook, and all the writers are saying this is alot like Columbus sailing to the new world, and there is a possibility of "finding the edge of the world"; which is to say if they dont find any smaller bits from these collisions, then it will be amazing only because it says we dont know what we think we know.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by drsmooth23

It's like Columbus sailing to the new world? Are we going to find physicists who already know about the Higgs boson and its pals, and then slowly kill them, claiming their knowledge as our own?

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I wonder if a cat from the year 2012 will arrive dressed in foil clothing with nanobot sunglasses and throw a tin of Whiskas into the Collider and put it off line for another 6 months

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by jcrash

Well I can't help but say............... happy hunting.

What these Scientist are trying to do can not be done.

~ Zeus

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Zeus2573

If it can't be done, that's one thing that they'll discover. Part of the purpose of this hunt is to find out if the hunt can be completed at all.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
What the...every week I see a different story, "it's broken for [x] reason"...next "we have just hit some target"...next it's broken again and will be down for months to repair, and so on and so on...

Is it functional, or in constant disrepair?

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by AR154

Yes.

that is, it is functional at the moment; however, it's not as functional as they want it to be. They're running it up to the point where it would be at any risk of failing because of its flaws so that they can get some data before they go in and fix up what's broken.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I think black hole experiments should be done NOT on the surface of the planet.

And yes, I get that the blackhole created is so small and transient that it is unlikely to even be able to pull in an atom.

I also know that one of the particle accelerators had an unexpected fire in it that was theoretically caused by a black hole that DID.

Not much press about that one.

If the idea is to find a God particle, that in and of itself shows the potential is known for a particle or energy to contact that phenomena and do something unexpected. If that wasn't the case, there would be no reason to have CERN at all.

That being said.

CERN did do a pretty cool proton plasma that turned a proton into a plasma of gluons and quarks.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Hiya,

They won't find anything.

And not finding anything will be as big a story as finding the Higgs...

You see it all depends on what you subscribe to in terms of the reality of matter.

The reason we are looking for the Higgs in the first place is that our standard model doesn't work... there are cracks that mathematicians have hunted for answers too and the complex math behind the Higgs is their latest quick fix to an already severely band aided theory.

If you are subscriber to the standard model then to look for the Higgs is logical...

However...

If you are subscriber of String or Quantum Loop Gravity theory then the hunt for the Higgs is just as important but wishing a negative to validate their premises.

I subscribe to the theory of Quantum Gravity... This theory states that Gravity is a consequence of Space-time itself. In other words matter is made of dense twisted space-time. the more dense the twisting the more mass something has and as such the more gravity is felt by the surrounding space-time.

So smashing particles together will only create ever decreasingly smaller and fleetingly stable new particles.

What they will eventually conclude is the total mass of an object decreases exactly by the total decrease in physical size of the new particles they create.

Quantum gravity also explains why we have Dark matter and why it is invisible. The dark matter is simply an area within the space-time continuum that it is denser than the surrounding so called empty space.

It's simple really, though the maths to describe what I stated here is not.

Hope this helps,

All the best,

Korg.

[edit on 29-3-2010 by Korg Trinity]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Korg Trinity
Hiya,

They won't find anything.

And not finding anything will be as big a story as finding the Higgs...

You see it all depends on what you subscribe to in terms of the reality of matter.

The reason we are looking for the Higgs in the first place is that our standard model doesn't work... there are cracks that mathematicians have hunted for answers too and the complex math behind the Higgs is their latest quick fix to an already severely band aided theory.

Okay, the Higgs is no QUICK fix. It's a well calculated fix. But your overall point is right; we're getting too close to the ol' Epicycle theory over here in the standard model.

If you are subscriber to the standard model then to look for the Higgs is logical...

However...

If you are subscriber of String or Quantum Loop Gravity theory then the hunt for the Higgs is just as important but wishing a negative to validate their premises.

Does string theory contradict the standard model? I thought it just went deeper. Probly my misunderstanding. Anyway, proper scientists never hope for certain results. They expect them and are happy when they are right, but they are even happier when they are wrong. But I guess there is a severe lack of proper scientists around, isn't there...

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I just discovered this webcam at CERN, it makes for some interesting viewing.

www.easyout.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Solasis

Hi, there is a 3rd alternative to to "Higgs Bosun" and string theory which has been proven in the last couple of days and is also an alternative to Quatum Theory.

Simply put it is that "light photons travel in a spiral as a harmonic fractal" as proven by the experiment that was able to "visibly" manipulate nanoparticles tubes that can be seen by the naked eye in both quantum states .

Thanks to "Light bends matter, surprising scientists" from PauliGirl

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It is also easy to prove (ie; I can break E=MC squared) for FTL.
Food for thought for those scientists

HADES

The simplest theory is also the easiest to prove.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   
I wonder when they will figure out that the god particle can pass through physical barriers which is why they can never find it. It gets created, then passes through the walls as if it didn't exist.

The only thing that captures the god particle, is the pineal gland in the mind. The seat of consciousness. When you die, it's released from the confines of the mind, and passes through everything it encounters. Making it virtually undetectable. It is what connects us all, the cosmic consciousness.

I'm no expert. But I think my theory is pretty sound.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   
A couple attempts with particles were made earlier but has been unsuccessful due to complications. They are hoping to make another attempt within the next couple of hours.

LHC First Physics Webcast

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by jcrash

How the hell does this experiment mimics the early stages of the Bigbang? Some one explain please.. Colliding particles at high speed is not the same as an outward burst which what the BigBang really was. Or Am I Confusing MySelf..

Help all you brave scientific minds.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by FTL_Navigator

That would be a great development. However, I won't be truly impressed until they get to the practical application stage, more specifically, a FTL starship. I know, we're probably a thousand years away from figuring it out for ourselves, and the whole time the Grays are wishing they had emotions so they could laugh at us.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Could everyone please stop calling this the god particle?
i know it sounds funky and cool and all,
but it's called The Higgs Boson, not the god particle!
God has nothing to do with the LHC whatsoever

And all you people and your idiotic doomsday fantasies about blackholes and such...

Get real, inform yourself, you won't come across as silly as you do now.

Go watch a Brian Cox documentary about the LHC

Personally i'm mailing back and forth with a guy who works at Cern,
and the info he gives me is awesome

For anyone interested here's the live webcast url:
webcast.cern.ch...

30 March, starting from 8:30am (Central European Summer Time - CEST)

Originally posted by ROBL240
Its probobally already been noticed already. But the Logo for CERN either spells out CON "CONcern" or 666.

upload.wikimedia.org...

Ok, I have 4 questions about that:

Yeah?
And?
So?
What?

[edit on 30-3-2010 by XyZeR]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join