It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biblical plagues really happened say scientists

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Scientists are now finding evidence that the plagues described in the Bible actually happened. However, they are attributing them to other causes than God. Namely, climate change and volcanic activity.

Biblical plagues really happened say scientists

Archaeologists now widely believe the plagues occurred at an ancient city of Pi-Rameses on the Nile Delta, which was the capital of Egypt during the reign of Pharaoh Rameses the Second, who ruled between 1279BC and 1213BC.

The city appears to have been abandoned around 3,000 years ago and scientists claim the plagues could offer an explanation.

Climatologists studying the ancient climate at the time have discovered a dramatic shift in the climate in the area occurred towards the end of Rameses the Second's reign.

They are thinking that the plagues were a chain reaction of sorts..

blah The scientists believe this switch in the climate was the trigger for the first of the plagues.

The rising temperatures could have caused the river Nile to dry up, turning the fast flowing river that was Egypt's lifeline into a slow moving and muddy watercourse.

These conditions would have been perfect for the arrival of the first plague, which in the Bible is described as the Nile turning to blood.

Dr Stephan Pflugmacher, a biologist at the Leibniz Institute for Water Ecology and Inland Fisheries in Berlin, believes this description could have been the result of a toxic fresh water algae.

Then that the above would lead to frogs, lice, flies, that account for some of the other plagues. They attribute the rest of the plagues as being caused by the timely,eruption of Thera on Santorini.

Very interesting stuff and maybe it provides some evidence that that some of the events in the Bible actually happened?

I'm not sure it will sway anyone either way though.
Would those inclined not to believe attribute to climate change and the volcano instead of God?
Would those inclined to believe attribute God with causing the climate change and the volcano erupting at just the right time?

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Yes i remember watching something about this exact same subject on t.v not too long ago and i have to say what they said seemed incredibly plausible and they actually seemed to explain every single event with relative ease.

I had a quick look and i think this may have been the one i saw.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Truth is, scientist don't know what caused the plagues.

But they need to come up with an answer, or their work
won't appear as "important" to them.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by 911stinks

Well to be fair to them they certainly do seem to have a relatively good and might i add plausible idea about what cause the plagues.

So it might not be fact yet but it's a pretty good start if you ask me.

[edit on 29-3-2010 by Rising Against]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
One theory I heard was a volcano eruption in the area was a cause for a lot of the plagues.

Kind of makes sense. Ash blocks out the sky, animals (Frogs, Locusts) fleeing the area en mass, etc.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rising Against

Well to be fair to them they certainly do seem to have a relatively good and might i add plausible idea about what cause the plagues.

So it might not be fact yet but it's a pretty good start if you ask me.

Unless, of course, you believe what the Bible says.

Bible says, God caused plagues, scientists find evidence of plagues.

Instead of saying, hey, they Bible is right, they look for alternative, aethiest explanations. Funny thing is, the Bible told us these people would try to discredit God in the end times. Guess what...

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

Yes, that's right. They really did take place. These Scientist are right in saying God isn't the cause so hats off to them for that. It's more like the lack of God is the cause.
But once again, Scientist aren't telling the full truth. This is a half truth. Climate change, El nino, El nina, the great flood, dramatic increases in volcanic activity, dramatic increases in earthquakes, crust displacement that people are experiencing all over the world currently (no they are not crazy) and pole shifts (that occur rapidly) can only logically be caused by one thing.

The close passing of a celestial body of positive polarity. And yes, that celestial body is Planet Nibiru.

Yes, I took the red pill.

~ Zeus

[edit on 29-3-2010 by Zeus2573]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Yes but that's what people should do...Always.....We should look for alternatives instead of just believing in something right off the bat.

And also when what the scientists say actually makes a whole lotta sense then that surely means they have proved there point by looking for alternatives because there able to explain away each and every one of the plagues in a plausible manner and also they backed up what they was saying using evidence from the actual site where these plagues supposedly took place.

aethiest explanations. Funny thing is, the Bible told us these people would try to discredit God in the end times. Guess what...

Also this part of what you said confused me a little bit, whoose to say these people are indeed athiests, Scientiasts can also be believers in god and they are not trying to discredit god, but as i have said before they are just looking for an alternative.

how are they discrediting God?

Because i don't really see that anywhere, I just see these people looking for a truth in something where beforehand there was no scientific truth to.

Also please don’t get me wrong as well, I actually believe in some kind of God but I would always look for truth in everything still.

Doesn't mean I would be discrediting God because I look out for and believe in these scientific religious discoveries/findings.

Look forward to your reply.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Zeus2573

The close passing of a celestial body of positive polarity. And yes, that celestial body is Planet Nibiru.

You have any proof of that because i'd love to see it.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   

You have any proof of that because i'd love to see it.

Yes. Read the bible. The King James version specifically. Or, better yet, jump right to the end to Revelations. That's the part we are living in right now.

~ Zeus

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I believe these mentioned plagues are real as are the NEW plagues that are set to be poured upon humanity by ANGELS DURING THE REVELATION PERIOD OF HUMANITY. Many on Earth doubt the GREAT BOOKS PLACED IN ALL GLOBAL LOCATIONS but they were placed so humans wouldnt make the foolish mistakes over and over again...

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Yes. Read the bible. Or, better yet, jump right to the end to Revelations.

Care to at least share anything specific at the very least.

And also could you at least back up what you are saying without referring to a bible as that isn't really a reliable source of information.

No offence intended there it's just it's such an easy comeback that I’ve seen/heard millions of times ..."Check the bible"

EDIT: I would appreciate it if you would stop editing your post AFTER i replied so mine doesn't make sense.

thank you.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Care to at least share anything specific at the very least.

And also could you at least back up what you are saying without referring to a bible as that isn't really a reliable source of information.

No offence intended there it's just it's such an easy comeback that I’ve seen/heard millions of times ..."Check the bible"

Didn't my initial post make any sense. To me it makes perfect sense. Listen, I don't have to prove anything to you. Besides, if I did offer any proof someone would call it a lens flare.

Anyway, I wouldn't want to end up like Sitchin. Arrested for having documents that are completely and totally true.

You would be doing good as to let me have my say and just move along.

Ok?

Edit: I would appreciate it if you would mind your own business. That edit button is there for everyone to use, including me.

And thank you as well.

~ Zeus

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Who would have thought it right... Of course there going to try and discredit God any chance they get... It wouldnt be fun any other way..

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   

You would be doing good as to let me have my say and just move along. Ok?

That's fair enough and yes I respect your decision.

But you must understand I want to question things, that’s why I am on this site in the first place, we're all looking for that seemingly elusive truth.

That is all.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Hmmm, well they don't actually offer any proof that the plagues did actually happen - let alone as described in Exodus.

All they offer is a possible scientific explanation has to how and why such event may have occurred.

Showing that A can cause B which in turn may cause C is not proof that A, B or C ever happened.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   

You would be doing good as to let me have my say and just move along. Ok?

That's fair enough and yes I respect your decision.

But you must understand I want to question things, that’s why I am on this site in the first place, we're all looking for that seemingly elusive truth.

That is all.

I totally understand. I feel like I just gave you the truth in my initial post. But, as soon as I bring up Nibiru, you started attacking that. It's like you didn't even read the rest of it.

You can't deny that it makes complete and total sense.

I gave you the truth. It just seems you are choosing not to believe it.
And that's your choice. You are entitled to your opinion just as I am entitled to mine.

In the end, it's all good.

~ Zeus

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
this is not really news

this is known for a while that biblical plagues could have happened, but the reality is that people in that time did not have the understanding that we have right now, so, they wrote a book about some thief or whatever

new topics

top topics

join