It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SKorea: Mine from NKorea may have sunk naval ship

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   

SKorea: Mine from NKorea may have sunk naval ship

www.google.com

South Korea's defense minister says North Korea may have intentionally floated a mine to damage a naval ship that exploded and sank this week.

Forty-six crew members are missing and believed trapped within the wreckage of the ship, which went down Friday. Fifty-eight were rescued

While the cause of the explosion is unknown, Defense Minister Kim Tae-young told lawmakers in Seoul on Monday that rival North Korea may have floated a mine toward the ship. He also said the explosion could have been caused by a mine placed during the Korean War.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
After originally playing down the link, S.Korea are now saying it could have been a mine from the Korean war, or a mine that the North floated to the surface.

Could they have found some evidence of the North's involvement, but want to keep it underwraps for a while to prevent an escalation of tensions.

We knew of this possibility before, but this is the first time a defence minister is considering it as a more likely possibility.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

www.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 29-3-2010 by john124]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
North Korea warns South to stop tours at border

SEOUL (Reuters) - North Korea warned on Monday of unpredictable disaster unless the South and the United States stop allowing tours inside a heavily armed border buffer that is one of the most visited spots on the peninsula.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Just as a favor to our allies in the south, I wonder why the US simply hasn't fielded a wetwork team to put Kimmy out of the world's collective misery....

new topics

top topics

join