It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Were the Anunnaki alien race, the same hindu gods???

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I could be wrong, but I want to believe the original Hindu (which was actually PRE-Hindu or Harappan) "gods" were separate enough from the Annunaki, of which the latter was merely a filthy DEAD slave race religion of a DEAD (Sumerian/Mesopotamian) "civilization." It would make more sense to still have a LIVING legacy, the Hindus, of the ET origins of humanity (if truly applicable) than a bunch of long extinct CRAP that was the clear forerunner of the current slave race (in a different, less obvious way) Abrahamic/monotheistic CRAP that stole their (original Judaism) CRAP from the Sumerians. The entirety of Western religious tradition and history is in the most dire need of an ego check and arrogance destroyer, but that's my .02, whatever it's actually worth.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
G'day all,

It was I that first linked the Tuatha De Dannan too the Anunnaki, yes they were the same gods all over the planet.

Many had jobs to do in different country's, so it's just common sense the humans of different countrys named them in their own tongue.

Eg: Danu, the queen of the Tuatha De Dannan (Ireland) that came to Earth was the daughter of Anu. Anu is the Anunnaki (Sumerian) god that stayed on Nibiru wile most came down to Earth.

Many groups of the same gods went all over the world to do what ever, some bred with early humans. and some sayed behind on Earth, and the rest whent back too Nibiru and then back too where there real planet is.

It can be all worked out if you have the time, as for me it's a life time study.
Much rather they come down again to explane it all to us, well, that maybe sooner than we think if it all works out....

Blessed Be: Kernoonos.....

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ucalien

You, my friend, are an absolutel hoot.

Comparing texts from the Ayurveda scriptures with the translations of Zecharia Sitchin, we can see a very strong similarity between the Sumerian gods and the Hindu gods.

There are no 'Ayurvedic scriptures'. Ayurveda, for your information, is the traditional medicine of South Asia. We practise it in my country too. There are Ayurvedic treatises - not scriptures - which deal with medical and sometimes philosophical matters, but they are not religious texts. You mean the Vedas, the founding texts of Hinduism; though as far as I know (I've only read the Rig-Veda) they don't describe the modern Hindu pantheon but contain references to the old Aryan deities: Brahma, Agni, Indra and the rest. No Shiva, no Kali, no Ganesh.

Five points docked for making a kindergarten mistake - getting 'Ayurveda' and 'Veda' mixed up. And you lose another ten points for dishonestly pretending to have read things you haven't. Or will you admit to just having parroted something you read on a web site somewhere without even bothering to check if it was true? In that case you only lose a further five points. But I'm going to stop counting points now, because your score in this thread was always going to be a big fat zero.

Take, for example, your astonishing contributions to Sanskrit etymology:

The meaning of the word "Ayurveda" itself, already give us a clue about them: Ayur means "life" and Veda means "science."

More correctly, 'life knowledge', meaning medicine.

The ancient Hindu "gods", the so called "Vedas", were scientists, actually. Bearers of high advanced knowledge about material sciences and occult sciences.

In what Hindu scripture did you find this? The Zacharaiah Sutra? The Stichin Veda? A veda isn't a god, it's a book!

The Vedas (Sanskrit वेद véda, "knowledge") are a large body of texts originating in ancient India. Source

The ancient, implacable Vedas of the East, eh?

And what about this?

The word "Aryan" seems to come from the combination "Ayur", life + "An", sky, space. "Those who live in the space". Later this word became a general label to define the descendants of the crossbreeding between the Anunnaki and the humans of that region.

• Arya (*ārya-), Old Indic and Old Iranian word from which 'Aryan' (:=Indo-Iranian) derives;

• Indo-Iranian, 'pertaining to (speakers of) Indo-Iranian languages'.

Source

So: people who live in the north, not in the sky. Aryans are not from space.]

And now for my favourite...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/39d7ee734792.jpg[/atsimg]
Notice the painting above, some kind of festival where ancient Hindus are worshiping giant humanoids. Notice a discoid UFO above the scene.

Yeah.

Also note the elderly men in modern dress (including one in spectacles) clustered to both sides of the picture, who look to me like members of some Indian political party. Certainly the painter has been careful to represent their faces, so they are real-life notables of some kind. The painting is modern, late twentieth century by the look of it, probably after 1990 to judge by the style and especially the tasteless colours - Indian printers didn't have access to cheap Far Eastern inks before the economy opened up in 1991. And it's definitely South, not North Indian.

'Ancient Hindus' eh?

You know, your ignorance and willingness to steal and twist other people's cultural property to serve your own foolish ends is quite insulting. I am South Asian, and have many Hindu friends. I wonder how they would feel if they were to see your ignorant, blasphemous rewriting of their traditions?

Shame on you.

Your posts are such rubbish it's hardly worth going on, but for the sake of denying ignorance...

Inanna's personality totally matches with the Goddess Kali and it's just weird that in some artistic depictions or sculptures of Kali, her face is just identical to Sumerians steles.

Which Kali personality would that be? Dakshinkali, Kali Amman or Mahakali? All three are different. And there are other interpretations and aspects of Kali too.

Which of these images looks most like a Sumerian stele to you?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/aee66ed33364.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8f7c0d5af6bd.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c7e6dd212ee1.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8688beec84ef.jpg[/atsimg]

Here are a few more images of Kali. As you see, she has many aspects. Any matches with Mesopotamian steles?

Not content with kicking the poor Hindus about, you then go to work on the Afghans. Here we come to a real prize blunder, a typical result of blethering away without having the faintest idea what one is talking about:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/951c76f510e4.jpeg[/atsimg]
Notice the pic above, a descendant from the original Aryan ethnic group, caught in Afghanistan. The modern dark skinned Hindu ethnic group, seems to be result of crossbreeding with Mesopotamian and African groups.

An Afghan is 'a descendent of the original Aryan ethnic group?' Do you know how many ethnic groups have passed through between the Oxus and the Hindu Kush, leaving their seed behind them? Without breaking a sweat I can think of Alexander the Great's legions (which included soldiers from all over the Mediterranean world, and plenty of Mesoptomians too
), the Indian armies of Emperor Ashoka, the hordes of Timur the Lame (Tamurlane), the Mughals (who were, originally, Mongols), the British and the Russians. And there were more - Kushans, Ghaznids, Sassanids. After all that lot have been and gone, how could you possibly describe the young woman in the picture as more or less Aryan than any other inhabitant of Eurasia?

Then it's back to knocking the Hindus again - Shaivaite ones this time, though I don't suppose you even know the difference.

Above, Lord Ganesha, the humanoid god with an elephant like head. Another creation of Enki's genetic engineering???

In Hindu mythology, Ganesh is Shiva's elder son. He was born with a human head. While his father was away fighting the asuras, Ganesh grew up into a handsome young man - or god, rather. When Shiva returned from the wars he entered his wife Parvati's bedroom and saw this handsome hunk asleep in her bed. Unaware that the hunk in question was his own son, Shiva in divine rage decapitated the lad. Later, when he learnt what he had done, he swore to Parvati that he would replace the head with that of the first being he came across and restore Ganesh to life. Perhaps unfortunately for Lord Ganesh, the first being he met was an elephant.

Thus, Ganesh was a creation of your 'Enlil', not of your 'Enki'. You fail again.

I could pick a thousand more holes in your grubby little loincloth of speculation (did you not think there was anyone on ATS who knew a little Hinduism? FYI, we have numerous members from India) but it's hardly worth the trouble when it's such obvious piffle as this:

He's the one that destroyed the "three cities of Asura demons", that totally looks like Sodom, Gomorrah and the Babel Tower.

On what basis are you making this assumption? Three cities, therefore they must be Sodom, Gomorrah and Babel? Cripes.

In your second post you equate Petra and Ellora and suggest that they both had something to do with Mesopotamian gods. You post a picture of the Treasury at Petra, which was build around 100BC. The caves at Ellora were constructed between 400AD and 900AD - practically yesterday compared with the Sumerian civilization, which flourished around five thousand years ago. No wait, of course! They had time machines! Why didn't I think of that? (More to the point, why didn't you?)

Your 'Vimana' diagrams are not from any any ancient Hindu source, but from a modern artist's imagination. Can't you tell?

The Baalbeck and Roman temple friezes are of classical Greek origin and have no connection with Mesopotamian architecture (what we know of it, which is not much) and none whatever with the Hindu swastika.

Whether there were ever Aryans or not, it is a fact that civilization began in the fertile crescent and spread from there across Eurasia. Myths, religious emblems and artistic styles spread from one place to another with trade, colonization and conquest. There are Chinese jars that show the influence of Hellenistic art. No doubt all cultures extant today owe a debt to Sumer, which foreran them all.

All the ancient pantheons resembled one another more or less closely because their 'gods' were based on the same human needs, desires, fears and activities. These correspondences are easily explained by common sense and a little historical and cultural insight; there is no need to invoke alien genetic engineers to explain them.

In my years on ATS, I don't think I've ever come across a load of tripe so lazily researched, so recklessly ignorant and so unthinkingly offensive to people of another culture. Did I say you fail? I'll say it again.

You fail.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ucalien
reply to post by serbsta

Dieter Wildung, a former director of Berlin's Egyptian Museum, said it is "common knowledge in serious Egyptology" that the pyramid builders were not slaves and that the construction of the pyramids and the story of the Israelites in Egypt were separated by hundreds of years. "The myth of the slaves building pyramids is only the stuff of tabloids and Hollywood," Wildung told The Associated Press by telephone. "The world simply could not believe the pyramids were build without oppression and forced labor, but out of loyalty to the pharaohs."

Egypt: New Find Shows Slaves Didn't Build Pyramids

I have to agree. I have researched this to death, and have never found any evidence that the Pyramids were built by slaves. Neither were these monoliths, some built to exacting specifications that could not be reproduced even today, using modern equipment. The slave angle was invented to explain what could not be easily explained, much like early Church Fathers did. Look at some of the Monolithic Structures found in south America and tell me men built them. The Annunaki were here for a long time in Earth years, and they civilized many parts of the world as we know it today. The Aryan Race, the White People are their descendants, in a manner of speaking. The Annunaki are not the only ones that came here, thee were others too. This is why we are different in appearance. I strongly believe the Annunaki will return one day to see what their creations have accomplished. I certainly would.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

Thanks for the breath of fresh air.

reply to post by autowrench

Once again, nobody said they were slaves. This is just the TC trying to scatter the shattered remains of what is left from his OP.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Hey OP. Didn't have a chance to read the whole post, but I just wanted to leave this here. I saw this when looking up "Hindu Gods" on Wikipedia.

I'm not trying to connect the Annunaki with the Hundu Gods when showing this picture - that's not the intent, although I believe it to be entirely possible.

Just look at the picture, and notice what's above them in the middle image.

Also, just what the heck are those globes around their heads?

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by impaired

The image you linked to is from the nineteenth century, not exactly what you would call ancient.

The objects hovering over Krishna, Radha and their attendants in the central figure are simply parasols, a symbol of royalty in ancient India. See here.

The triple parasol is often associated with Krishna, one of the ten 'avatars' or incarnations of Krishna, which is what your image depicts.

Buddhists also use the parasol as a symbol of royalty, as you can see in this image of a Nepalese temple procession, where it is being used to honour an image of the Dalai Lama.

The 'globes' around the deities' heads are halos, just like the ones round the heads of the Virgin and the Christ Child in this Greek Orthodox image

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ucalien

First of all, Namaste, as the Hindu say!
Second,.. I'm disappointed by the lack of reverse-imagination. I mean, what if things are *exactly* what they appear to be? Nothing more than cultural contamination, namely stories told, borrowed and adopted by various tribesmen amidst their caravans, across the endless desert and into their time period's (I hope I formulated correctly) marketplaces? What if Indra is nothing more than a Deva created by phonetic accidents (eg, the 'YHWH' tetragramme), by Aryans from the North of the Himalayas (who indeed destroyed the Dravidians and other such - more peaceful - Vedic settlers), as well as by "modern" Hindus? Thus, Indra resembling more with Methatron, as well as Agni does? What if everything started-out (in its more developed form - deities clearly defined by attributes -) as nothing more than a "cabal" of various scholars of the time, but when these deities' attributes became all-protectionist and/or all-destructive, they have been adopted by the masses? What if the 'vymana' "crafts" are wrongly depicted by various artists as such? What if the 'Trimurti' is nothing more than a tri-faceted Brahman / The Principle? What if 'Svarga' is in everyone's mind, as 'Nirvana' is, not necessarily after physical death? What if Paleoastronautics and Astrotheology are nothing more than a human mind's (ie, anyone's mind!) "tools" to make us feel... less guilty about ourselves? What if Uma (if you don't know who she is, truly, then you can't fantasize of UFOs and "extra-terrestrial" Kali (learn about "her" a bit more!), Durga, Indra ("The Raindrop of the Soul"), and so on) rules everything? And *what if* I am to tell you that Sitchin/Setchin is just another best-seller novelist, with NO real intention (we too have a similar character here, pretending of knowing everything and telling us of it within his books' pages!) of finding out the Truth? I mean, I too wrote a similar movie script (I intend on launching it "on the market" within the following year, maybe), but... at least I do NOT emit the pretense of having The Truth to share with you; it's just a theory.

What if..?

Thank you!

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   

You left out this part:

Originally posted by ucalien

The swastika ALSO is found in some ancient Mesopotamian and Greek-roman buildings, attributed to the Anunnaki.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2105d7ff6f16.jpg[/atsimg]

Particularly interesting is that the swastika is seen along the extension of some sections of the Baalbek terrace that, according to Sitchin, was a landpad platform.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f61670e1c2ed.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/66047a2be8f3.jpg[/atsimg]

Here, the OP is astounded that the same pattern appears on a Roman temple and a terrace at Baalbek, another Roman temple!!

Ridiculous.

But your post was excellent, and you are now my friend - whether you like it or not.

Harte

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Very interesting and there seems to be evidence. Just read the OP, have to take time with the rest of the thread. I'm going to find a video though to add.

Forbidden Discoveries - Ancient Atomic Blast and Aeronautical Science

[edit on 5-8-2010 by Unity_99]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Absolutely brilliant response. And omg you actually used FACTS.

I was getting more and more agitated as I read this ridiculous thread until I came upon your wonderful post. I wish I could give you a few flags or applause for it.

[edit on 5/8/2010 by Chamberf=6]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
S&F people will always hate on something I enjoyed the read

& 3

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ucalien

As usual, always good theads from you, ucalien...

We are on the same line about Zecharia Sitchin, Anunnaki and ancient Gods.
S&F.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ucalien

The giants of the old world were a half breed. Genesis ch6 states that the Sons of God came down to the Earth and had children with the daughters of men. This was an attempt of Satan to polute the bloodline through which Christ had to eventually come.

God chose to destroy the race by the great Flood, but saving Noah because he was "perfect in his generations", which is not righteouness, but a clean undefiled DNA. However it does state that the Nephilim were recreated after the Flood. Read the very bottom of Numbers ch13. 12 men were sent to spy out the land but there were giants there. The men reported that they looked like grasshoppers compared to the giants. And if you follow the generations Goliath, who david slew, was also a Nephilim.

Jesus said, "As it was in the days of Noah, so shall it be at the coming of the Son of Man". I believe this is a warning that once again the fallen angels (aliens) are mixing DNA and creating half breeds that are probably amoung us today waiting for the removal of the Holy Spirit (Rapture) when evil will have free reign for the last 7 years of human history.

In fact Revelation 11:2 proves that when Palestine is recognized as a nation it fulfills the 7 year treaty of Daniel 9:27 and kicks off the last 7 years. In May 2009 Obama promised Mahmoud Abbas that Palestine would be nation within 2 years. So if Obama stays on track that means the Tribulation would start around May 2011. We haven't seen anything yet.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ucalien

ello op,

i enjoyed the thread despite the holes in it.

but as another poster pointed out there are ancient pictures that may depict ufo's.. and what about those little aeroplane "brouches"!

i still think that their is something to it all and that "gods" of antiquity were in fact aliens.
i think aliens were very involved in our history and quite possibly our near future to!.. fingers crossed.

it is definitely interesting times we live in!

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by WHOS READY
but as another poster pointed out there are ancient pictures that may depict ufo's.. and what about those little aeroplane "brouches"!

Use the search function if you want answers (maybe you prefer not to know.)

The so-called "airplanes" (gold figurines from South America) have been well explained several times here.

There are no ancient pictures that depict UFO's.

Harte

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ucalien

I'm with you on that the Anunnaki are the same as the Hindu gods. And more than that, too. They were the Babylonian gods, the Egyptian gods, Christian gods, etc. And even outside of physical evidences, there are so many correlations between their stories.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by PopSecretMission
reply to post by ucalien

I'm with you on that the Anunnaki are the same as the Hindu gods. And more than that, too. They were the Babylonian gods, the Egyptian gods, Christian gods, etc. And even outside of physical evidences, there are so many correlations between their stories.

"The Anunnaki" is not a term that refers to all the Sumerian gods.

They are a subset of the pantheon of Sumer (called the Anunna to Sumerians - Anunnaki as a term came much later.)

They were the underworld gods.

The Igigi were the gods in the sky.

Harte

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I'm not convinced by the arguments in the opening posts. I dont, for example, see the similarities in the depictions or characteristics.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

Originally posted by PopSecretMission
reply to post by ucalien

"The Anunnaki" is not a term that refers to all the Sumerian gods.

They are a subset of the pantheon of Sumer (called the Anunna to Sumerians - Anunnaki as a term came much later.)

They were the underworld gods.

The Igigi were the gods in the sky.

Harte

I never uttered the word Sumer or Sumerian. And how could Anunnaki refer to the Underworld gods when the word itself means "those who from Heaven to Earth came"?

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join