It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A "Christian" Says All Atheists Are Insane and Evil

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Yissachar1

Religious societies have the same problems. They're human problems.

The difference is, religious societies behead and stone people to death when they do these things. So the people who do them either try really hard to hide it (like Saudi Arabia) or become priests and politicians so they are placed above the law (like the Vatican)

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by countercounterculture

Errrrrm yes they were secular... None religious.... All religion banned and ruthlessly culled....

Idealogy??

The bible replaced by another red little book... In fact those regimes killed more than any other... Pol Pot anyone??? Mao?? Stalin??

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

When was the last time you saw a baptist behead anyone???

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yissachar1

Errrrrm yes they were secular... None religious.... All religion banned and ruthlessly culled....

Idealogy??

The bible replaced by another red little book... In fact those regimes killed more than any other... Pol Pot anyone??? Mao?? Stalin??

So how exactly is non religious secular??
They actively suppressed religion and enforced their ideology.
Religious states suppress other religions and enforce their ideology.

Secularism is religiously neutral.

Banning religion is the exact opposite of secularism.

I don't know if you're trying to criticize atheism or communism here, but it sure ain't secularism.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Have you noticed that our society is secular? Wasn't that your complaint in the first place?

However there's this Indian province, Tripura. There's baptists there - since you felt like being so specific - and they DO kill people for not following their religious mores. Have a look.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Secularism and atheism are hair breadths from each other... The secularization leads to the other and is just a politicized word change...

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Secularism and atheism are hair breadths from each other... The secularization leads to the other and is just a politicized word change...

what are you going to do about all us non believers who want a secular society. I will speak for all atheists in saying you will never convince us to follow any of the Abrahamic religions.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

They aint Christian then... They may identify as such but they aint...

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   

"No it doesnt for sure.. But it surely puts the breaks on evil no?" Not sure it seems old fashioned tome.

America, UK and so on were the epitome of civilized society... Yes and I miss those days. We tried hard noty to be rude and people debated to exchange ideas and not convert.

Secularization has in 30 years turned western society into decadence and immorality that has torn the heart out of the family and caused our nations to rot.... No Not secularisation. We have allowed the state to run the family. We cannot chastise our kids but must bear the chagrin and fines when they mess up. Our liberal education has led to a form of educated ignorance that means that most are weak at maths but everyone wants to be in IT. All the above is part of the"liberal experiment" which now must be reassessed. No Secularisation is not to blame.

I believe but to return to the OP do you not thionk that this is appeasement to Islam... What other religion are they concerned about?? Not Judaism (live and let live), not paganism (just another solar deity), not Zorastrians (glad to be away from persecution) it must be Islam.

"Saudi Islam is extreme fundamentalism.. We in our history have been wayyy more tolerant and humanistic... " True that was an extreme choice on my part but a religious society can go the way of fundamentalism.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Again remeber Rabbi Neuberger (Sp). First they prevent the Crosses then the all other religious symbols will be banned. However Xtian fundamentalism has shot itself in the foot in terms of those who refuse to serve gays on religious grounds etc..The gay lobby is powerful

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Not trying to convince you... But don't interfere with our lives too then.. As you do with secularization of the workplace... If I wan't to read my bible in my break and wear a tiny cross around my neck then don't complain either..

But I guess it would offend you maybe?

You can't have it both ways

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Tiger5

We HAVE allowed the state to run our family but why is that?? Its a result of the creeping immorality that has pervaded society with the secularization of it causing the government to act..

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Better the state than the church.

Not that I condone either.

I have no problem with other ideologies or religions holding their views, influencing parliament, so long as I can criticize and challenge them.

And that in a nutshell is what secularism is.

And yes its absolutely fine for you to read your bible on your break and where your cross. But its also okay for Joe Black to sit next to you reading satanism and wearing skull and bones. Just don't take our freedoms.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Not trying to convince you... But don't interfere with our lives too then.. As you do with secularization of the workplace... If I wan't to read my bible in my break and wear a tiny cross around my neck then don't complain either..

But I guess it would offend you maybe?

You can't have it both ways

it wouldn't offend me, people should be allowed to wear what they want, even the burka if appropriate for the working environment. People used to dress as Punks, with spikes in their hair and pins through their noses, dont bother me either. people should be free to express themselves as they please as long as it fits in with the law of the land.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Nobody is wanting to take your freedoms... But do not get pissed when I exercise MY freedom by disagreeing with you....

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   

This we can both agree on....

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Nobody is wanting to take your freedoms... But do not get pissed when I exercise MY freedom by disagreeing with you....

Of course I won't get pissed!

Because I'm secular!

That's the beauty of secularism, your views, and mine, are tolerated.

When they aren't, its NOT secular.

Be it Communism or Catholicism. I'm sure your all for a non-secular state, so long as the state holds your exact beliefs.

But what happens when it doesn't?

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by sandri_90
reply to post by K J Gunderson

No. I didn`t mean that. On the contrary, it`s insane saying that demons cause those mental disorders.
I`m sorry I didn`t express myself clearly

LOL. OK, my bad. I guess I read it poorly. It is early. The reason I asked is because I have just casually perused the DSMIV but not exactly studied it and I thought that would have been really interesting. Thanks for clarifying for me.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by intrinsic

And finally back on topic.

Sorry intrinsic, sometimes we get into semantic debates off topic in these types of threads.

I just would like to say that guy... he is insane and evil.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by digby888
reply to post by K J Gunderson

this is the same old crap that athiest always come out with these are people that do theese things and the only reason it is picked up is because they hide behind religion and i wonder if you went into any prison and asked say rapists and pedos and murderers how many believed in god what the answer would be

Not sure what point you are trying to make. I have been to prisons many times. I find more believers there than in any one other place I have ever been. Prison is one of the best places to find Jesus, doncha know?

I am sorry if you do not agree with my statement but just going off the rails does not really help. If anything I had said was wrong, I would be more than interested in hearing the truth.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join