It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God is a Fractal... and so are You!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   
I began my research, trying to surmise whether God exists, and whether the depictions of God in religious texts such as the Bible were accurate. These questions were the ones that actually opened my eyes to a much larger picture of the world. After reading practically every major religious text I was able to get my hands on, and even reading many books directly from different Secret Societies libraries, I have been able to come to general idea of Gods existence. These are of course my own views, and I am always willing to listen to other perspectives. It’s the only way we can learn, and grow.

It has become my understanding that God does exist but perhaps not in the way that many people wish to portray him/her. You see how I anthropomorphized God there. There is perhaps a lesson to be learned in that statement. Anyway, God is not someone sitting in the clouds watching over us ready to punish us if we step out of line. As wonderful, and terrible of a perspective this is, it just doesn’t fit the profile of the real world in my experience. Now many people will have an issue with this statement, however the view that most people have of the Bible and of God are from there Sunday school teachers. Unfortunately these are not good sources to get your information from, last time I checked there was not a requirement for a Sunday school teacher to be proficient in Hebrew and Greek, and to look at the Bible objectively. Few of these Sunday school teachers and even Pastors have very little experience even working with a Strong’s Concordance. Instead they are told what to say, and how to interpret with little or no justification for why it is interpreted in such a way.

An easy example of this is the word God itself in how it is used in the Bible. The word that is used in the Old Testament, which is translated into the word God is not actually one word but three base words. In the Hebrew the word that are translated to God are “El”, “Elohim”, and “Jehovah”. The definition for “El” would be a masculine Deity. The definition of “Elohim” is best broken down in “El” being the masculine deity, and “ohim” a feminine plural deity. Therefore “Elohim” would technically be a multitude of Male and Female Gods. The definition of “Jehovah” would be best defined as an aggressive or upset masculine deity. All three of these words are defined as God in most Bibles. Unfortunately many words in Hebrew can’t be directly translated into English without writing out a sentence to describe the word.

That is only a taste of the effort that must be put in, when doing research involving religion. We can’t use now a day definitions with thousand year old texts. This article isn’t intended to go into the interpretations of the Bible, and other texts. Let’s just leave it at that I believe that 95% of all religious texts have nothing to do with God the creator, that they are symbolic of something much deeper, and perhaps darker. Perhaps that would be a good article to write in the future.

It has become kind of a slogan in the esoteric works the statement “As Above, So Below”. This statement I believe tells us far more then we give it credit for. The general idea behind it is that if we can understand the system to which the consciousness works on Earth, we will be able to understand how the mind of God himself/herself. In other words by understanding our own consciousness, we will be able to at least get an idea of how God thinks; after all we were created by him/her. This is a fair statement to make in that anything you or I create or do is based on our own beliefs, and views, and in the end will only be accomplished because our own Will or Consciousness decided to.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Perhaps now is a good time to explain what a fractal is, for those who may not know. A fractal is a complex mathematical equation which when plotted out can create some very amazing images. However the thing that makes a fractal unique is the fact that if you cut a piece away from the image, and zoom in on it, you won’t just have a piece of the original image, but the whole image. Therefore you can zoom in on the image forever and it will always come back to the original image. This idea can also be proven to an extent in nature. You will find the Golden Ratio depicted in all of nature, and even in our own human bodies. The chaos we see, and uniqueness is only a mask, there is order in chaos. Leonardo Da Vinci knew this; his drawing of the Vitruvian Man followed the Golden Ratio.

Now many people will probably wish to bring up Freewill here. How can Freewill be ordered within the appearance of Chaos. First we need to acknowledge that God himself obviously has Freewill himself. Now if the whole of Nature is based on the Golden Ratio and your brain was created with the Golden Ratio in mind. Then would your thoughts not be conformed to the Golden Ratio as well. Everything we create is based on some other idea someone else had. We as a human species have never had an original thought. Perhaps we put the thoughts together in a different order and mix and match them, but to come up with something truly unique just doesn’t happen. Look at Hollywood and the movies which are coming out. They are running out of ideas, and now have resorted to remaking old movies.

It must also be restated that everything that we do is based on two basic principles; those being “Pain” and “Pleasure”. Every decision we make, is influenced by these two dare I say “Forces”. We are always trying to find new ways of feeling Pleasure, or happiness, and in most cases trying to avoid feeling Pain. Now some will give an example like “What about a person who takes drugs”. Well the person initially took them because they felt it was more pleasurable to take them then to not take them. In the end depending on how much they are used, it could lead to pain, however we don’t think that far ahead. The question that goes on in our head is “Will doing this bring me pleasure NOW”. Therefore now even Freewill has been brought down from complete chaos to somewhat of an order.

Simply God is consciousness, we are conscious therefor we are all aspects of God. God is the life force that drives all Matter, and Energy. Nothing can be destroyed; it can only be converted from Matter to Energy and vice versa. Is there life after death, of course there is perhaps not the way we commonly think of it. But just by the idea of the first law of Thermodynamics; “Energy can neither be created nor destroyed, it can only change forms”, proves that life goes on forever, just not in the same form necessarily. This statement also once again affirms my idea that “God is a Fractal, and so are you”!

Researcher,

Blake K. Stoltman

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Great thread! I liek your perspective and respect that you actually did some deep research on this stuff. I agree with you on points. I believe that most of the things in the bible shouldn't be taken literally. a lot of it symbolizes things and has some confusing wording, but when you know what to look for it all makes sense.
Thanks for your point of view. Very interesting stuff

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   
I like it. what a perfect thread to read right before bedtime! thank you for this and I will definitely have more input to add to this later..

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e9ad07df04c5.jpg[/atsimg]

Whats the difference between 100billion neurons all transmitting electromagnetic information, and 100billion stars all sending electromagnetic information, size?, not in the fractal universe.

As above so below.

You are a holographic subset fractal portion of the entire universe, when the mind is quiet (meditation) you find out the extent of what you really are. You neednt seek abroad for truth, but within.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I must admit I was disappointed with the thread. The title reads God is a fractal but instead of expounding upon that you just concluded with some quasi-metaphysical new agey stuff like god is omnipotent consciousness blah blah... what does any of that have to do with the golden ratio or with fractals?

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Personally i think it all makes sense. If we have intelligence so would the infinite. We cant have something the infinite doesn't have. Quite frankly we have a lot less intelligence than we think. We are more wrong then right about everything.

We are a finite,with finite abilities and finite intelligence.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Everything is indeed fractal. Matter and conciousness. And so God created man in his image.

top topics

join