It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what is reality?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
hello ats i was reading my thread about time travel and the discussion got off topic but it became a very interesting discussion so i am moving it here

so how do you move up to the next level and exactly who and what are these beings of the next level? and do we become them?

do the metaphoric tentacles of the jellyfish have several leveles to them as well?
i drew a pic of what i think you are talking about

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3fb1edefc99c.png[/atsimg]

[edit on 29-3-2010 by ashanu90]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
the person responsible for this new and interesting siscussion is altamash and im hoping he will find his way over here soon

also MAC269
had some equally interesting ideas and i hope he finds his way here soon

altamashexplained reality like this

we are all 'gods'. The entire creation is one infinite system. The source is simply infinitely looping back to itself. We are the food for the source, its how god nourishes itself. Everything in creation is alive because its based on consciousness and we are but holographic replicas of the source. As is above so is below. the atoms are like our solar system and the electrons, the planets.

A soul has many extension of 'self' much like a jellyfish's tentacles, each of them locked into a world experiencing life and its all happening simultaneously. Even you are not who you think you are, your soul is like a higher self, more powerful then you could imagine and you have many 'selves' experiencing realities elsewhere. They will all merge into one someday and all souls merge into god/source full of fresh experience and then shoot back out infinitely looping.

My point being....Creation: never started, never ends, its all happening in the ever eternal now, there is no begining nor an end.

Which is why the 3 major religions of the world say that "GOD" always was and always IS. No one created it and it never dies.

You gotta understand the concept of time is nothing but an illusion of the human mind. Everything is NOW. We experience 'time' because we are not what we used to be.

We were the whole dvd once but now somebody pressed 'play' so we have forgotten that we are the dvd from the begining to the end. To understand this better we were a complete circle but now we're a point on that circle which is in motion going round in a circular path. It has everything to do with the missing dna.

and mac explained it like this

Dear ashanu90

Personally I like the idea again from a PHD which says that at some point in the future computers will be so powerful that they can reproduce the entire universe in the computer enabling them at a future date to visit any point in the past.

The point being here is that we may just be electrons in one of those machines.

God is just the future computer operator. Think about it, it makes all the mysteries of this life possible.

I just love that one. However it really pissis off the religious. May be that is why I like it so much.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ashanu90

Dear ashanu90

altamashexplained reality like this

Yes well that is pure Buddhism, not saying it is wrong but that is what it is saying.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Dear ashanu90

Obviously this post needs to be here as well.

Now then if it is reality that you want to take about try this one.

There is another PHD who is considered by other PHD’s to be on the level of Einstein and Hawkin who suggests that concusses ness is the only reality.

In other words nothing exists until someone observers it. Nothing.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Hard Physical Existence and the Exerted Forces (thereof and thereon).

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   
I always wonder about the answer to this question...
Reminded me of this clip.

I guess it's hard to define reality

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   
I think youll like this pic

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f71821269592.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by MAC269

do you mean that if a tree falls in a forest and no one is around......it doesnt exist?

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Everything exists. We have to learn to expand our awareness to that fact that the quantum mind controls the realities of 3rd dimensional beings.
If everyone on Earth, could see the reality of every one's world they would each begin to see that ALL realities are quantum creations that appear real to our 5 senses.
In the higher realms of light, the mind learns that there is no ONE picture of reality. There is only thought. Thought shapes the "realities" of the 3rd dimension and manifest instantly in the 4th density.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by manbird12000
Everything exists. We have to learn to expand our awareness to that fact that the quantum mind controls the realities of 3rd dimensional beings.
If everyone on Earth, could see the reality of every one's world they would each begin to see that ALL realities are quantum creations that appear real to our 5 senses.
In the higher realms of light, the mind learns that there is no ONE picture of reality. There is only thought. Thought shapes the "realities" of the 3rd dimension and manifest instantly in the 4th density.

everything exists? even everything we ever imagined? is there an imaginationland that would be so awsome lol

so how do you know all this about the higher up dimensions? have you been there? if so tell please me how i can get there

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Yes indeed! Know that when you laugh at something, you're only confirming it in your own mind.

Everything does exist. Everything you have ever imagined. But existence is not always made of the energies you can feel, touch, taste, and smell.

You'll know about higher dimensions if you meditate and vibrate higher in your conscience. There are tons of resources available for you to begin your life changing journey.

The waves that make up your conscience is nothing but sand dancing on the vibrations of sun energy, of light, of source. The closer you can synchronize your conscious vibration to that of the sun or a star, galaxy, etc.. the bigger your perspective becomes.

Will you stay in the cave and judge the stories....or will you venture out yourself and see your truth....?

[edit on 29-3-2010 by manbird12000]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by manbird12000

i have to meditate?

i dont know how and most of the things i read about it dont make sense to me

but if i somehow learn to meditate i could make my own universe and control it? if true amazing.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   

also if true then that means that this god people are raving about could be some bored guy in a rundown apartment in another universe?

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I like those ideas, i think of time and events etched onto a really long rod and we read time by going back and forward along the rod but to really understand time all we have to do is look down the middle of the rod from its side and all events and time become no longer linear but merged into one point...

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Modern people have left-brain dominance while right-brain dominance enables direct transference of your lower body energy -- so modern humans are cut off from our true state -- which has all the serotonin bliss to charge up the brain. Then the third eye opens up and this happens through music which is right brain dominant -- nonwestern music has the true purpose to create light from sound. The light then bends spacetime -- and that process is infinite. When you listen to the source of left-brain language it creates ultrasound which ionizes the lower body serotonin and through the vagus nerve relaxation the bliss goes into the brain. Further practice creates stronger electromagnetic energy (prana or chi) and then the emotional or electrochemical energy (jing in Taoism or kundalini or N/um from the original Bushmen real human culture) turns into light -- shen or shakti energy or !Kia in the Bushmen culture.

After that you can flex your pineal gland, have bliss all the time, and transmit healing energy but this "real" human state also is based on a near-famine diet, as was the case for the Bushmen males who hunted iron-rich meat for the females. It's living of love -- call "bigu" in China.

springforestqigong.com... has the real teachers and practice -- again based on music. Nonwestern music. So any visual model is not the answer.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by drew hempel

.....................what?

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
We use words to approximate and communicate concepts which we have in our minds.

If the concepts we have in our mind are approximations and the language we use is an approximation of the concepts, then we can not even begin get close to that which 'reality' is. We can only get an approximation of an approximation.

For me, a good starting point would be:

Reality is the source of all that which we can and can not observe.

Everything else would be an 'opinion' or a point of view derived by the process of observation, formed after receiving a VERY limited amount of information through our senses.

The question itself is a concept. The concept of reality. Reality is just an idea.

People have the ability to form questions. It does not follow that there are answers to ALL questions.

If you were given the answer to the ultimate question you could still ask...

"Yeah... but why?"

These are just concepts and abstractions.

So... can reality be approximated or conceptualised? It seems as though we can only indicate that which reality is NOT by using concepts. This conversely somehow indicates to us what 'it' could be, without touching it.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Here watch this -- and see reality in action:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Dear ashanu90

From ashanu90 “do you mean that if a tree falls in a forest and no one is around......it doesnt exist?”

Yes that is what some of the top boffins are saying. So when Hubble did the deep field scan and found a whole hell of a lot that we had never seen before 13,000,000,000 LY away either they had been seen by someone else or something else or they only popped into existence at that moment.

As other boffins have said the universe is not only more weird that you imagine but more weird than you can imagine.

The big problem for me with all this info is I spend way too much time thinking about it. But it is fun.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
From ashanu90 “do you mean that if a tree falls in a forest and no one is around......it doesnt exist?”

IMO the tree would still exist....just the sound would not. Only something with ears could dissemble the vibrations of air, and hence listen to it, so if nothing can tell its there. Is it?

Pentothal put it very well - "Reality is just an idea."

Ideas are nothing untill someone puts them into action.

I beleive everything is in it OWN reality within its own mind, but part of a larger reality. Put it this way. In the reality of a rich and famous actress, not getting a particular part in a particular movie is SHATTERING, absolutely life changing, yet in they eyes of anyone but them, it means nothing....

yes MAC269 hahaha this IS basically taoism, or buddhism. depending on which way you look at it, but its MY beleifs, formed through contemplation. NOT because i was told to think this. (as a matter of fact i grew up in a Christian household hahaha)

[edit on 29-3-2010 by OLDMATE]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join