It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suzanne Researched It: Reappraising an Iconic Moment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Like a fine wine, this putrid sweet-treat from the height of the housing bubble just keeps getting better and better as it settles into mellow old age:

I bring this rancid litttle tibit to mind as a kind of conceptual encapsulation of all that went wrong with the housing dream. Specifically, the flaws in the social dimension, which are easily lost in the dense thicket of stats and charts. And, yes, the culpability of the average joe-and-jane too-much-house, who are every bit as much to blame for the mess as the nasty evil old banks and realators.

Three years on, what have we learned from Suzanne and her stellar research skills?

[edit on 3/29/10 by silent thunder]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I forgot about that commercial, great find. It does make me feel a little sick to my stomach though. I wonder where that 'perfect house' is, Vegas maybe and how far underwater they are.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Man, I applaud you. Expect to be beaten to the GROUND around here though. I've been trying for YEARS to point out that the 300M individuals are just as much to blame for the economic collapse as the "nasty, evil banks". You can check out my signature if you want to see the responses I got.

People just refuse to accept any culpability. It's far, far easier to shift the blame to some faceless corporate suit than admit you had a hand in the downfall.

join