It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I had an idea about the universe and detecting life

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I was reading this ATS topic:

Multi-Universe *POSSIBLY* Confirm: New Proof Unknown "Structures" Tug at Our Universe

The OP is talking about how there's all these galaxies being pulled in the same direction, which implies that something large is pulling on these galaxies. (In that post it tries to prove a multiverse, but I have my own theory)

While reading, I was just listening to Coast:

www.youtube.com...

and here he's talking about how nothing in the universe exists until you make it. nothing really new to me, but I still enjoy listening to anyone who discusses this.

I came up with a new idea.

What if the intelligent life we're looking for is in the direction of this mysterious pull that's affecting these galaxies, which would then prove that nothing exists until it's observed, and would give us an easier method in which to detect the location of new life.

Any ideas about this?

[edit on 29-3-2010 by sstark]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Hm, I'm not sure what you mean -- How does this prove that "nothing exists until it's observed?" Plus, if there is conscious life at the destination of the stream -- they're observers too. It's an interesting thought, I think, but it's not quite getting there...

Borges had an interesting idea about creating-by-looking-for, though, if you're interested... www.scripps.edu...

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Solasis

Yeah, I had a phone call from Tlon the other day.

Borges is a dangerous guy to read. I lost one of my little toes in the Babylon lottery.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Thank you for your reply (and interesting read), sorry I was a little broad with my description. (It was late at night)

Well the first point was that the known universe is being pulled on by some very large force. (This was the reason for a mega-verse theory, and others)

My second point is that nothing exists until observed, and nothing is actually exactly measurable.

So what is the force that's pulling on these galaxies? Well I am suggesting that it's the same force that makes everything around us; observers.

Take a look at the famous double slit experiment. If observers can determine the outcome of that experiment, what effect would it have on the universe that surrounds them?

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

Boy is Borges dangerous to read! I'm always terrified that I'll find The Aleph.

reply to post by sstark

Aaaah, so you're suggesting that there are sentient beings on the other end, causing the area in between to come into existence by their own observance? So in a sense, detecting this dark flow would have been first contact... We just don't know it. It's the first contact of our reality bubbles, our awarenesses finally overlapping...

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Aaaah, so you're suggesting that there are sentient beings on the other end, causing the area in between to come into existence by their own observance? So in a sense, detecting this dark flow would have been first contact... We just don't know it. It's the first contact of our reality bubbles, our awarenesses finally overlapping...

Yes!, exactly. I know it sounds crazy, but so does quantum physics.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by sstark

It does sound crazy... But for the first time in a long time here, it sounds crazy in a way that I love.

So, all these galaxies that are moving. Did they exist in our observation already? And then the other civilization observed them too, but there is significantly more mass in their region than in ours, causing a sudden shift in the motion? Is that the opinion that you are of?

top topics

join