It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scotland - Polmont Reservoir UFO Picture

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Sadly there is only one picture of this event. I do not know what to make of this. I have been digging deep lately...And I have found a few new cases that make me say

Lets start with this and see what people think. This case is not known by many and I couldn't find even one thread on it here at ATS. Anyway here it goes.

"I’ve said many times before, that it is extremely easy to fake a photograph and claim that it represents either a ghost or a UFO. When one is researching the UFO subject, you tend to find that from time to time someone will approach you with what they claim is a photograph of a UFO. Of course having witness testimony backed up with a photograph of a UFO is extremely valuable and one must look very carefully at not Only the claims of the witness, but to ensure that proper analysis of their photograph is undertaken as well. Such a photograph came to my attention during the early years of my Investigation into the Bonnybridge phenomena. Phil Trevis is an aspiring musician who plays guitar in a local Grangemouth rock band but on the night of November 12th 1991 (before the Bonnybridge wave exploded) was taking photographs with a friend for a project about photography. In a written statement to the author, Philip had this to say about his sighting."

“My friend and I were taking photographs of the B.P. Chemicals Plant in Grangemouth from Polmont Reservoir, when we noticed a dim, or rather two small dim flashing lights over by the two flashing pylons at Kincardine Bridge. We watched the object which we thought was a helicopter, fly slowly over the bridge to above the brightly lit Grangemouth Stadium. We watched it hover for about 5 minutes. It was then that we noticed that the ‘craft’ wasn’t making any noise. Normally if it was a helicopter you would hear the rotor blades. It then turned round and faced our direction. It was roughly 2,000ft above the ground. Then it dipped, and increased dramatically in speed. At the point of the photograph, (See photographic plate section), it was about 200 to 300 feet directly above. It was then that we heard the light pulsing ‘hum’ of the object. My friend and I were quite shaken at the time, but afterwards had an overwhelming sense of excitement. Since then I have shown only a handful of people my photograph, and have also destroyed the negative. I have no reason for destroying the negative, but now obviously regret my actions”.
-Phil Trevis

"The actual photograph was handed over to me by a friend of the photographer’s at an SPI meeting held in Stirling, it was taken by a Halina 35mm, camera using Kodak 24 exposure on gold film. What one should bear in mind whilst looking at this strange photograph, is that what you are actually looking at, is the underside of the object, because when this strange device was above both of the startled witnesses, Philip had to actually bend over backwards in order to take his photograph. In the photograph you can see that the middle of the object appears to be concave, various bright white lights are seen shining out from this circular object which creates a sort of halo effect in the sky around it. So what did our Investigations uncover, was there a natural explanation to account for this photograph? I firstly contacted the local police to see if any members of the public had contacted their station with a similar sighting, no one had. I then submitted many letters to the various Scottish Airports to see if perhaps some kind of aircraft or helicopter had been flying in this area on the night in question. Prestwick Airport at Atlantic House in Ayrshire replied in June 1995 by stating that, (A) Records for the period in question were no longer held. (B) It was improbable that a Military Aircraft flew over Grangemouth on the night in question. (C) Gas Venting often takes place at this petro-chemical plant, an occurrence which could appear alarming. Both witnesses were well aware what this ‘gas venting’ looked like, and this most certainly was not what they both had witnessed. Aberdeen Airport was not able to offer any explanations as were both Edinburgh and Glasgow. The Ministry of Defence in London replied that because this sighting was of no defence significance, they were unable to assist, (now where have I heard this before)! But what if anything could the B.P. plant offer in terms of information. This plant which is extremely explosive is a beautiful sight when lit up at night, and looking at it from a distance, one could be forgiven for thinking that they were looking at Las Vegas such is the enormity and brightness of this complex. In a letter received by the author from a Mr Bill Moore, press officer for B.P. Chemicals dated 9th June 1995, Bill stated, and I quote, “I can confirm that helicopters carry out pipeline inspection duties on behalf of B.P. Chemicals. These flights occur at fortnightly intervals and only take place during daylight hours at weekends. I should point out that the helicopters do not tend to fly over the site as they are more concerned with following the separate pipeline routes connecting Wilton and Mossmorran to Grangemouth. Micro-lights or controlled kites with cameras do not fly over the complex. I have checked our records, and there is no indication of any aircraft having flown over the Grangemouth complex on the 12th of November 1991”.
-Bill Moore

Cont.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
"In a further letter, this time from a Mr K.W. Smith, Estates & Pipelines Coordinator for B.P. Oil at the Grangemouth Plant, he stated and confirmed that B.P. Oil do not use micro-lights or any other controlled flying devices to inspect pipes, and that air space immediately above the B.P. Petrochemical complex is a ‘restricted area’ to aircraft. He went on to state that according to a limited search by him, he could find no evidence of anything unusual on the night in question."

"After these checks and several others, it was plain to see that nothing conventional was to blame for what both witnesses saw. Analysis on the photograph proved very little and did not help to prove the case either way, and as we know, the witness destroyed the negative for reasons which even now, he can’t fully understand. In fact, he was actually going to destroy the photograph as well but was talked out of it by a friend. Having spoken to Philip on a number of occasions now, I still have no reason to doubt his honesty, and I do believe that what he and his friend saw that night, was something totally unexplainable by rational means. Sadly Phil’s friend passed away in a motor accident and so therefore I was unable to obtain any clarification to Phil’s story. The Phil Trevis photograph is clearly unusual, and is most certainly part and parcel of the Bonnybridge phenomena. The area, in which he took his photograph, is only several miles away from Bonnybridge itself. An unusual photograph then and one of the very few photographs that we have which shows UFO activity over Scotland."

Read more

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Now after reading the entire story I have to think that this photo is real and the story is legit. That being said, what the hell are we looking at here?

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Sorry there isn't more pictures
... Hopefully though some of you will read this case, as I find it very interesting and a lot of research was put in by the original investigator.

I know there is a lot of text to read there, but I thought it was necessary as the author explains how it is important to get first hand experiences rather than just pictures...and he goes on to follow through with exactly that.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Here's a larger image I found:

Looks very plastic-like.

[edit on 29/3/10 by Chadwickus]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Dewd thank you very much. How the hell did you find that pic? I looked for like 30 minutes and couldn't find a second picture anywhere. Excellent research work, and yeah it definitely looks a bit smooth and glossy. Star for you my friend.

Edit : you can see the light streaks illuminating all around the object. If it is plastic or a model would that type of thing be easy to fake?

[edit on 29-3-2010 by Smell The Roses]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Smell The Roses

I used this site to reverse search images:

www.tineye.com...

[edit on 29/3/10 by Chadwickus]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

You kick ass man. Thank you. I will add tineye to my must use tools list. That is truly a great site idea and a great way to find original photos.

new topics

top topics

join