It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Kabul, Obama urges President Karzai to step up

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   

In Kabul, Obama urges President Karzai to step up

www.latimes.com

President Obama flew to Afghanistan's capital Sunday evening and offered a tough message to President Hamid Karzai, urging that stronger action be taken to crack down on government corruption and to build respect for the rule of law.

Later in his six-hour unannounced visit, his first to the war-battered country since becoming president, Obama received a rousing welcome from American troops at the sprawling Bagram air base outside Kabul.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
So. Obama feels confident enough to visit a country He's deploying 30 thousand additional troops to to fight against insurgents trying to take that country back.

The troops sure were glad to see him though.

For someone who is involved in committing a war within a country and then go visit it's president, wouldn't you think that they'd be a little worried about security?

www.latimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I think he needed to go. It was the big elephant in the room. I'm glad the troops were thrilled to see him, thats something I honestly didn't expect after hearing so many things from some of them. He needed to go over there, I'm glad he finally did it.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkspARCS

"President Obama flew to Afghanistan's capital Sunday evening and offered a tough message to President Hamid Karzai, urging that stronger action be taken to crack down on government corruption and to build respect for the rule of law."

Obama sure is a hippocrit!!! He has no respect for the rule of law and how he has corrupted the government.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by rangersdad

Who is he to criticize other countries for corruption?

In recent news, it was just reported that Russia asked the U.S. to get rid of the poppy plants in Afghanistan, and the U.S. refused.

Do you know why? Because the drugs in Afghanistan FUNDS the CIA!

They are not there to fight insurgents. They are there to secure resources, and get them for cheaper, then sell them back to the people in America with an increased price to make PURE PROFIT.

This is what war has always been about MONEY and POWER!

new topics

top topics

join