It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

December `07

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
December `07

It always rains here in Washington. Having cattle, they tend to come down with
pneumonia. Therefore, it’s good to have shelter for them. A barn with a loft is ideal, so as to have storage for their feed. Dry means warm when the rain is cold.
It’s been raining a lot here recently. A single cow got sick and was lying down out in the elements. For eight mornings straight now I’ve been having to give her grain and water in pans I place under her nose, so if she’s too weak to move, she can at least eat and drink. She just lays there on her side, so I get some hay and wedge it under her to prop her up into what I call the “survival position.”
“You’d better get up and go into the barn.” I told her.
These days of me taking such care I began to think this cow is just taking advantage of me. My wife named the cow “Shelga.”
“Shelga-Tup, she will.”

“You’re spoiled.” I told Shelga today when I fasted more hay beneath her.
“Moo”. She answered.
Did I mention how much it rains? A lot. Therefore, as it began looking more grim, I decided to use the tractor and bucket-carry her into the barn out of the relentless down-pouring. After arriving to do this undertaking, I found that Shelga was up and standing in the barn.
Page 2

She was shivering, and shuddering; struggling to keep balance while eating from the trough of grain.

With all the goings-on this holiday season, I was really worried, concerned about a single cow. The holiday rush enables people to forget about the truly important matters; like a single life, and the purpose of it. The purpose of life is to acknowledge miracles. Everything else is “Hum-bug.”

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Great story friend.

Please post more of your work. The writting forums need a boost

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Thank you for your support.

And yes, this short story board can use more attention.

How to draw the eyes?

join