It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can science explain Heaven in NDEs? They're working on it.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
How do I message you?

Are you a scientist? Are you familiar with Fourier Analysis?

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ashanu90
as i said EVENTUALLY science will explain everything ever

You realize that what you said is not falsifiable, don't you?

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
After recently having a shamanistic journey, I think this may be possible, but not in the sense that it sounds. I am actually just trying to get enough posts so I can make my thread about what i saw in the predictions forum. I was freetyping, (typing whatever was in my head during the journey) and one of the things that I typed was this "we are all gods of our own universe that transport ourselves to this realm or plane, dying is our god-mind fading into slumber and when it awakes a new person is born, we are as thoughts in the mind"

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Noxaran

That's some pretty interesting stuff. Often such journeys produce wonderful bits of philosophy; they can be life changing. Which side of the fence are you on, though, in terms of explaining it? Do you believe something paranormal/mystical is going on? Or do you suppose that it's all a strange kind of imagination - like dreams - perfectly explicable in terms or neurobiology?

I suppose that if you take your free-written statement literally, you must hold a mystical worldview(gods and "our own universes" and all that). How can you rule out the much more mundane explanation; that altering brain chemistry alters conscious experience is a straightfoward, purely biological way?

If it's a matter of choosing to believe the mystical explanation over the scientific explanation, is this choice justified? Given the successes of neuroscience and the utter failings of every mystical worldview to date, does it still make sense to choose to believe the latter, despite being exposed to the former?

Thanks for posting. I hope you get your 20 before too long, I'm looking foward to your first thread. Welcome to ATS and I'm glad to be a part of your early membership experience. I don't know how carefully you've read the T&C(based on your post I would say you get the message relevant to this conversation) but be very careful in your wording, as you have been, when you respond here and when you discuss your jounrey.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join