It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adam Walsh Case Investigation Finds Dahmer Links Unturned

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
(March 28) -- A reexamination of evidence and witnesses by The Miami Herald in the nearly three-decade-old abduction and murder of Adam Walsh found that Hollywood, Fla., police dismissed conflicting reports implicating serial killer Jeffrey Dahmer in the crime.

The detectives investigating the kidnapping of the 6-year-old freckled boy from Hollywood Mall in the summer of 1981 didn't follow up on witness tips, lobbed less-than-pointed questions at Dahmer during an interrogation and pursued a suspect later named as the perpetrator despite his repeated confessions and recantations, the Herald's investigation discovered.
Police closed the case in 2008, placing the guilt on Ottis Toole, a long-time suspect in Adam's murder who had died in prison in 1996. During interviews, Toole admitted to the crime, then recanted his statements. Toole later signed a story rights deal with one of the detectives who interrogated him and elicited one of his confessions.

"My opinion, as is most everyone else from the city of Hollywood, is that he did not do this killing,'' then-Lt. J.B. Smith said in 1984 about Toole. "We can't confirm one thing he has said.''

Meanwhile, tips that placed Dahmer in the shopping mall and at the crime scene and details about a van that matched early descriptions of the get-a-way vehicle, were at best pursued with little intensity, and at worst, ignored, according to the newspaper. Dahmer is a convicted serial killer who targeted young boys and men and dismembered and ate his victims.www.aolnews.com... le/adam-walsh-case-investigation-finds-dahmer-links-unturned/19417389?icid=main|hp-desktop|dl1|link3|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.aolnews.com%2Fcrime%2Farticle%2F adam-walsh-case-investigation-finds-dahmer-links-unturned%2F19417389

This is a huge twist in this case, I wonder what John thinks about this new development in the case, I wonder if he will ever bring it up on his show.
What are your thoughts on these new developments?

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I think Jeffrey Dahmer is one of the most terrifying case histories in serial murderers ever, and I hope to God this child didn't die by his hands, or teeth, or anything else.

I don't know how they could possibly prove this now. It would all be speculation and circumstancial.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

I know that it was a horrible crime, but if it had not happened, Walsh's dad would have never started his crusade and created the television show "America's Most Wanted." All in all, it has caught hundreds of at large suspected criminals and saved who knows how many lives. Kill one to save a hundred...tough question.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyinthemiddle

Very true. I guess this fact might be considered a silver lining.

But I'm just saying, it would have been better to have been killed quickly, and I don't think swiftness was Dahmer's M.O.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Within the last 24 hours, a story has come out about this case. It is certain that Ottis Toole is the killer. The Walsh's hired an investigater, Joe Matthews, to go over the case and he found evidence in the 2 1/2 year investigation that the police failed to find. The Dahmer link had me intrigued but it's now a closed case in my mind.

Video:
news.yahoo.com...

Article from a different source:
www.usatoday.com...

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 05:40 AM
link   
I recommend you read the book Frustrated Witness by Willis Morgan. Not only did he encounter Jeffrey at the Hollywood Mall that day but several other witnesses did as well. They all dismissed Ottis Toole as the perpetrator. It was pinned on Ottis not because it was him but because they wanted to close the case. In the interviews with Ottis, he is somewhat coerced into saying things that they want to hear and he changes his story a few times. He was a pathological liar.. He said that the law enforcement was playing mind games with him so he wanted to play mind games with them as he felt they were justified.. As for the evidence pointing to Dahmer, it's much more substantial. He worked at Sunshine Subs in Miami a place that was connected to Mr Pizza. There was a van at Mr Pizza that employees would often use for personal reasons, a blue van. Witnesses reported seeing a blue van outside of Sears and the manager said that he did use it quite a bit. Behind Sunshine Subs there's a meter room.. Inside there was a belt (possibly Jeffrey's) an axe and a sledgehammer. Ottis Toole made up a story about taking Adam to this very meter room but how on earth would Ottis, another serial killer, just so happen to find himself in a meter room behind where Jeffrey Dahmer worked?

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Call me cynical but this renewed interest couldn't possibly have anything to do with John Walsh's reboot of his CNN series this summer?

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   
It all has a "Hand of Death" cult vibe to it.

What is it about Florida (the Gulf Coast) that produces clusters of serial killers?

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: HoldMyBeer
Call me cynical but this renewed interest couldn't possibly have anything to do with John Walsh's reboot of his CNN series this summer?

The OP was 6 years ago.

top topics

join