It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How To Follow Up on Posts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Hi...I have a noob question although I'm not really a noob. How do I return to threads where I've posted, but return to MY post so I can read those who have posted after me rather than trying to find where the heck I left off in the thread?

I never follow up on my posts or am able to continue the discussion because I always get lost in the shuffle. There are soooo many people on ATS and it's the most confusing forum I've ever used. No offense, I love it...and when I learn all the ropes, I'll be fine. It's just taking a long time.

Thanks in advance for your help.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I'm not sure it's possible. If it is, I haven't found out how to do it.

It would be good though, if we could return to our post on a thread.

It'd save a lot of time and effort.

[edit on 28-3-2010 by Damian-007]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
The My ATS page shows you all of your recent posts and the follow ups

Hope this helps

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Easy.

Click on your name...you go to your page thingie...there is a tab on top named POSTS.
click that and you will see all the threads you posted in within the last like 250 threads
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2b8b00fa460d.jpg[/atsimg].

[edit on 28-3-2010 by SaturnFX]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Yep, I knew that.

What I'd like to know and I suppose the OP would like to know is:

Is there a way to get back to your last post on thread?

In other words, let's say I posted a replay on "How to be a millionaire". I see the thread in MyATS but I want to get back to the Last post I posted on that thread. As I do it now, I go back to the start of the thread and go through page after page until I find my reply. It might be on page 8 of the thread but I can't remember that.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Damian-007

You cannot do that. You can either see your post alone or on the MY ATS tab it will show you threads that have gotten replies since your last comment on them.

There is no TREE layout here on ATS.

Hope that helps. If you want to keep track of your comments use the MY ATS tab.

I always wished there was a way to tell if there was a reply to from someone to one of your own comments but there is not.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Damian-007
Is there a way to get back to your last post on thread?

Here's what I do:

Do what SaturnFX showed. you'll see a list of your posts and the thread titles. your last post in that thread will be the closest to the top, click the single post link there, and then I look up the date/time of the post.

Now that I know the date/time of the post, it makes it faster to hunt through the pages. I go to the full thread and often I can just jump to the end of the thread and go 3 pages back from the end, and see if the date on my last post is before or after those dates, it's pretty quick to find it that way.

The biggest problem I have is not being able to find my old posts if it's not one of the last 250, sometimes I never find them or the thread, even with help from Google. Google isn't as good as it used to be for browsing forums, they've apparently change their search algorithm.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
click on the icon to the right of the post title. It will show you either your last post or an answer specifically referring to your own. hope this helps.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Thank you everyone. So far, I knew the ways you've all shown me. The reason that I thought you could go to your specific post was because I saw a link on the Issues thread posted by um...one of the Admin guys...maybe Skeptic Overlord where the link went right to his post on a particular thread...the one about the FBI fearing the backdoor thing with the Chinese hackers.

I know...I'm so technical. LOL. I'm too lazy to go grab the links. I apologize. That made me think there was a way to go back to your post and read from there. Oh well...it was a nice thought.

I would post more if I could find my freaking place in the threads. There's like a million people here. Anyway...thanks again, y'all for the screenshots and everything. You're awesome.

I'm gonna go check that link...maybe if I hover my mouse over SO's link, it will tell me how to do that. It might be and Admin thing only. I'll report back. :-)

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I'm so lost...I couldn't find the link. :-( Oh well...I shall manage. :-) Thanks again everyone.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
it's such a flaw. it's like the one thing that drives me so nuts that ats doesn't have this simple, obvious feature. i sure hope the new ats has better navigating for following threads and tracking responses to your messages and those of others. it will improve the whole site instantaneously and by a thousand percent.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
next ATS should add

- to receive some notification when someone quotes you or replies you
- to be able to resume from the last post you read when you enter a thread (Vbulletin allows that since forever, so it shouldnt be hard)
- anti flag system
- anti troll system

top topics

join