It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYC to search again for remains of Sept. 11 victims in material excavated in last 2 years

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   

NYC to search again for remains of Sept. 11 victims in material excavated in last 2 years

news.ca.msn.com

NEW YORK - New York City officials are planning to search through material excavated from around the World Trade Center site for any remains of Sept. 11 victims.The three-month endeavour is scheduled to start Friday at the Fresh Kills landfill on Staten Island. The material being searched was taken from the area around ground zero in the last two years.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
When is it going to end for some of these poor families?
It's like ripping open a wound and pouring salt in, time and time again.
And what I find the most disturbing is the name of the landfill site.. FRESH KILLS.
What is the story behind that?
Was everything not excavated off ground zero long ago?
I'm not sure if I were a family member of someone not found..if I would really want to know at this point if they found anything or not..
There is some peace to be had over time.

news.ca.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied

And what I find the most disturbing is the name of the landfill site.. FRESH KILLS.

I thought that was kind of strange too.

Fresh Kills (from the Middle Dutch word kille, meaning "riverbed" or "water channel") is a stream and freshwater estuary in the western portion of the New York City borough of Staten Island.

en.wikipedia.org...

EDIT to add: I agree with you that this new effort is rediculous and they should let these families have some peace. It's been waay long enough.

[edit on 28-3-2010 by Zarniwoop]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop

I thought that was kind of strange too.

Fresh Kills (from the Middle Dutch word kille, meaning "riverbed" or "water channel") is a stream and freshwater estuary in the western portion of the New York City borough of Staten Island.

en.wikipedia.org...

Ok..but you would think they would see it as BAD when translated to English..no?

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

Well, the estuary was probably named in the 1800's or so when no one really thought that was a strange name. Probably around the same time frame they named the city of French Lick Indiana

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   

I see what you mean AD, but the conspiracy theorist in me has a hard time believing our govt. would do anything for the citizens. More than likely looking to recover incriminating evidence such as thermite residue and destroy it like they did with the steel beams; shipping them off to China.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

I see what you mean AD, but the conspiracy theorist in me has a hard time believing our govt. would do anything for the citizens. More than likely looking to recover incriminating evidence such as thermite residue and destroy it like they did with the steel beams; shipping them off to China.

Yes, I believe that as well...
But do they really believe people are still looking for incriminating evidence on ground zero?
Iam curious though..why ship most of the debris to China..and yet, keep some of it so close?
No..I won't buy the cost factor..

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
The big unasked question here is:

How Much?

How much is this endeavour going to cost? Whilst, this is going to be painful for any of the families involved, at once again having the possibility of a bone fragment, or a nail of a loved one found and then having to bury it, etc., it does seem evident that this process will be costly.

Not onyl will it be very costly, and time consuming, but someone stands to gain from this cost.

Ask yourself who, and when. Then you might just find further answers in relation to why this is being done.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by dampnickers
The big unasked question here is:

How Much?

How much is this endeavour going to cost?

It's in the article.

The search is expected to cost $1.4 million.

It's probably in a contract somewhere that everything excavated needs to go through this process. Not sure on that, but sounds likely.

[edit on 28-3-2010 by Zarniwoop]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I agree with everything in the OP. Yes, add another pound of salt to that wound. They could have at least changed the name of the place. It's horribly disrespectful in view of what's happened.

I am remembering, during that period when we were all glued to the news in tears....one of the commentators mentioned something about "40 barges lining up in the harbor to remove bodies".......

Then later....they sent the barges away because there were no bodies.

That haunts me sometimes. Thought I'd share it with you guys, so you too, can feel the pain and surrealism. Again.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Interesting timing. Perhaps related to this contract dispute/resolution.

Deal reached on long-stalled NYC World Trade Center rebuilding
By Associated Press
March 25, 2010, 12:55PM

NEW YORK -- World Trade Center developer Larry Silverstein and government agencies that control the trade center site have reached a deal to resolve a 16-month stalemate over rebuilding at ground zero.

www.silive.com...

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   

my girlfriends dad was killed on 9/11.. she doesnt know about this story, and i really really hope she never finds out. it's been 10 years, no new developments are going to be good ones.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by hikix

my girlfriends dad was killed on 9/11.. she doesnt know about this story, and i really really hope she never finds out. it's been 10 years, no new developments are going to be good ones.

oh buddy Iam so sorry to hear that. That is what I mean..completely..
People were lost yes, and as devastating as that is..families have tried to move forward.
I don't understand why they feel the need to keep digging it up and throwing it out there, again and again..
However as Zarniwoop posted..the timing could be exact to the Silverstein deal.
To me, that makes it even more disgusting.
In my mind that place is as sacred as any native burial ground or cemetery, and should be treated as such..not a hot piece of real estate for NY elite.

new topics

top topics

join