It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why i think time travel is impossible

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigenous equity

Hahaha, I am enjoying our discussion. With these short distances on Earth, I am talking about traveling through space.

You mentioned earlier that time what we measure is the rotation of celestial objects in the universe. But don't we measure what we can actually see? So therefore what we are measuring is light. And lucky enough light has a physical measurement. What I'm saying is that since light has a physical measurement and existence, then if we can travel faster than light spreads, then we are able to travel through time.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ashanu90
reply to post by game over man

interesting but how does the hitler paradox apply to that?
or are you just talking about traveling forward in time?

Well the paradox actually would be that humans are the aliens, manipulating dna so to speak with the 48-46 chromosomes, I mentioned that future humans who can time travel remain covert. Because in 2010 we know what is mapped out. we have the oceans mapped out to as far as we know, we have the globe mapped out as far as we know, and we have space mapped out as far as we know.

Say that continues on for another 1000 years once time travel is developed. We know for a fact whatever elitist scientist are in charge of the first ever time travel project, would already have a destination back in time that they would pick, whereas no human or alien would ever encompass that location in all of history leading up to the point of the first time travel experiment.

Therefore time travel currently exists. You cannot say that it doesn't. Now is the time to study it. Oddly enough, people are.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   

say that we went back in time and manipulated dna so that we could exist
how would we do that if we didnt exist in the first place?
how could we do that if we were just little more than animals in the first place?

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   

say that we went back in time and manipulated dna so that we could exist
how would we do that if we didnt exist in the first place?
how could we do that if we were just little more than animals in the first place?

I know what you mean. You do it covertly. Thats why it's called a paradox. Who's to say we didn't live a reality, whereas one point we did have to switch the dna? Where time continued for many millennium and we broke the time paradox and made what we are today? What if sea creatures ruled are universe and we discovered time travel and went back in time to create what we are today?

What if after 2000 years from where we created fire, we had to rewrite history?? And we went back?

You know how people meet for a high five and there is this awkward moment of should I shake this person's hand or do a fist bump? That is what I'm talking about.

What if time existed as it is, for 1000 years. Knowing that one astronaut landed on a certain moon of ours in our Solar System. Humans in the future hit up that moon, and make a time travel booth. We kick it there and live it up. Space Balls kinda stuff, having fun. Then we decide to time travel. Couldn't we at that point in the future, go back in time to a point on earth, where we go undetected? And couldn't from that point create a covert operation to do things. Sneak in and change things around. Wouldn't the paradox be, if we are already allowed to do those things as we think about them, that means we already did it??

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I've made this point many times before on other 'time travel' oriented threads but feel it's worthwhile making yet again that in my opinion, time travel is inherently prohibited by nature itself ... if you like, you can look at it as a fundamental restriction within the physical framework of the universe and that nature absolutely and totally abhors the concept of time travel.

From a human point of view, you have to make one of two choices, namely ... if time travel exists, then the concept of 'free will' is completely illusory and does NOT exist ... alternatively, if you wish to hang on to your 'free will', then time travel MUST be prohibited. There is NO WAY that time travel and free will can coexist ... absolutely NONE.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
You may have seen an article in Nexus magazine in 2007 called Time/line distortions.

In order to time travel you must disconnect from your own time line and if you travel to the past you will perceive the past being the present.

Yes, you might do any number of things during your stay in the past, but upon your return to your original time/line you will be surprised to discover that nothing has changed despite your best efforts to affect the future.

The past stays in the past and cannot overtake the future. The whole universe is based on energy flows which are constantly accelerating, so the time flow today is greater than it was yesterday or 10 years ago etc.

Time field differentials are increasing, which is why we are experiencing an increase in earth quakes etc. and changes in our weather, which is becoming extreme in all respects.

Take the explosion over Siberia in 1908, a nuclear air blast, a nuclear powered craft navigating to an isolated location. A time travel experiment gone wrong.

You cannot use a nuclear powered craft for time travel of for the purpose of crossing time/line differentials due to the energy differences existing in both the past and future.

To learn more about this check out www.gravitycontrol.org...

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   

why is everyone having deluded fantasies about meeting your gpa back in the day?
first off if time travel is possible then to go back in time would be incredibally insanely expensive
not just anyone would be allowed to go back in time you could screw something up majorly by sneezing on a t-rex or sitting on a dish(that was from the simpsons but the point remains valid)
the governments would never ever let regular joe go back in time or forward for that matter
secret agencies would go back in time and change history to their liking
time travel is probably impossible with my theory here it is

you go back in time to kill hitler, but if you did that hitler would never have been a problem and you wouldnt have gone back in time, but since you didnt go back in time, hitler became a problem so
you go back in time to kill hitler, but if you did that hitler would never have been a problem and you wouldnt have gone back in time, but since you didnt go back in time, hitler became a problem so
you go back in time to kill hitler, but if you did that hitler would never have been a problem and you wouldnt have gone back in time, but since you didnt go back in time,

its impossible you see?

Time travel has been possible for a very long time, you just have to be in the bermuda triangle at the right time, or one of the other 11 vortices, making a total of twelve. I do believe that all time is simultaneous and that if you do go back in time it just creates a parrallel universe, although they're just my thoughts, i have no evidence to back this statement, it just came to me, but the 12 vortices are real and you can experience them for yourself if you wish. I warn those that do visit them that your not guarenteed to keep ypur 3rd density experience by going there, apparently some people just dont stay in this dimemsion/density

Edit: actually the ideaof all times being simultaneous wasnt entirely thought up myself, understNding vaccuum domains led me to that belief. Those 12 vortices are a VD, i did think up the other on my own though, which is creating a parallel universe from time travel. Or as an above post has said, it may be perceived as the present but all attempts to alter our present moment may be futile..

[edit on 1-4-2010 by 4stral4pprentice]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Time travel i believe is possible, for we only know what we know of now. We need to invent and make possible with the materials and stuff that are in our phisical universe. See, before electricity. Lets say before electricity was invented and you went back in time and said that electricity exists and you show them how to make electricity. People would call you a nut job , or a witch of the devil and you would be beheaded or burned at the stake. The people back then did these things, like the oregon witch triles. So, what would really baffle the mind is what would happen if you went back in time to kill yourself. I wornder what would happen to the timeline. I wonder if a person went back in time to do this that if you met your other self what would happen if you touched each other. I wonder if it would be like matter and antimatter. Once theay touched, they go boom or just dissappear and go out of the time space parellel universe. The mind is an untouched vast place and who knows what it is really all about. Who knows, maybe someday we will not need spaceships to travel to other planets, just knowing how to make your brain manipulate itself, so it would be possible to travel.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
i would say time has to do with the human vibratory frequency , time is a unit of mesure made by man ,( try explaining to cat what time is lol) as i was saying , we perceive time as frequency thru our body , this because when you sleep you dont take notice of time but your physicaly and physiological body felt the rest period , but the subconcious mind didnt see it go by as well as when your ont he bus and your drowsyng in and out of consiousness , you dont see it goes by so on the human part time is a vibratory frequency , if we base our logic on this and time and space are relative to one another , we could say that by using a rotating magnetic field like the ufo , we could bend time and space and slip thru time ( hence what einstein sayd).so indeed time travel is not impossible , the human can take its soul and energy thru time if it can achieve the subconcious level and go thru time in out of body experiment .
i hope i was not to confusing there for a moment, and excuse my poor grammar my original language is french, i just type really fast looking at my keyboard.
thank you for your time

[edit on 1-4-2010 by Deicide88]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
A couple of people have replied to some of my theories. One covert. A man goes back to introduce electricity to everyone. Not to get into the details of electricity, but say electricity was invented at 8:00 am. Couldn't you go back in time to 7:59 am? What would 1 minute do? You see, I am trying to debate the new age theory of time travel of parallel universes. As I see the theory, is I still think traveling back in time with in our own Universe is still a possibility.

The paradox. Would we go back in time and change time and future events?

No.

Before you go back in time to do so, you would have already done so before you go back.

So therefore would history, our Universe contain every outcome of time travel already?

Yes.

The second part of what another person said, the ability to travel time through another dimension/out of body experience.

Interestingly enough isn't reality just light traveling to your eyes?

So if you could exist in a dimension that moves an infinite times more faster than light, you would have a map of light travel throughout the history of the Universe? To be in a dimension that makes the speed of light stand still.

I know time travel is kind of trippy, but really think of tracers. Light tracers. Would that not be what light would look like from the observer's perspective in an outside dimension? Could you not pin-point which light location you would like to travel back in time to?

Can that not be what a UFO is?

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
You could travel back in time via UFO's to the Dinosaur Age or times where no humans could record your presents. Go back in time to confiscate ancient archeological items that are "lost" or "destroyed". You could start out small, time travel experiments. One event at a time to alter history. It could be done.

You could also install "invisible" satellites to record history. This could all be done, because before you went back to "destroy the Universe", you would have already done so, and not be at the situation, where you are about to enter the time machine for the first time.

So if you did reach the point where you are standing in front of your time machine, you already know that you have not altered history to a point where faith would not bring you to standing in front of your time machine.

Therefore the grandfather paradox does not exist.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   

reply to post by altamash

so how do you move up to the next level and exactly who and what are these beings of the next level? and do we become them?

do the metaphoric tentacles of the jellyfish have several leveles to them as well?
i drew a pic of what i think you are talking about
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3fb1edefc99c.png[/atsimg]

we move up by living the current life till we are ready to 'graduate'. As for how, its different for everyone but the most common goal is to choose your orientation: positive or negative and demonstrate your willingness. In the process the soul learns and perfects its growth. The whole universe is just a school.

Yes the tentacles has levels: Each density has infinite dimensions. Density has dimensions and not the other way round.

On topic:

It must be noted that the concept of 'time' started since the fall of mankind. Before that man existed in a sort of semi-physical reality. Refer to Rudolf Steiner's book Cosmic Memories. It is also explained in many other sources/authors on the net.

Therefore time travel is only possible in the past till that period and you might have heard of some conspiracies about the Philadelphia experiment and the montauk project where someone claimed that they werent able to time travel in the future past 2012. Also the great blackout of north america may be responsible for such an experiment.

Thats another food for thought. All i can say for now is research the arc of the covenant.

Is time really going to be 'reset' around 2012 ? guess we'll have to wait and see

also did you see the video i posted 'imagining the 10th dimension' ? what do you think ?

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by tauristercus
I've made this point many times before on other 'time travel' oriented threads but feel it's worthwhile making yet again that in my opinion, time travel is inherently prohibited by nature itself ... if you like, you can look at it as a fundamental restriction within the physical framework of the universe and that nature absolutely and totally abhors the concept of time travel.

From a human point of view, you have to make one of two choices, namely ... if time travel exists, then the concept of 'free will' is completely illusory and does NOT exist ... alternatively, if you wish to hang on to your 'free will', then time travel MUST be prohibited. There is NO WAY that time travel and free will can coexist ... absolutely NONE.

You could have been saying the same thing last century about air or space travel yeah. After all a century ago it was thought that if we were meant to fly God would have given us wings. But alas someone namely the Wright Brothers decided to think outside the box of space. Now we need someone to think outside the moment of time

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
If you want to know anything about time travel, just ask Roberta Sparrow. I also saw the $ question that day, which was hopefully just a coincidence. There seems to be interesting stuff coming out of Glocebo Labs.

glocebo.wordpress.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Ok, now this is only a theory right....... what if i'm on a planet however many light years away from earth it is, i'm looking at the earth through a telescope and the light that is reaching me from earth at that point is say from 1066ad, now if i were to travel at the speed of light would i arrive at the earth in 1066ad?? theres a few problems with the theory but then we know this packet of dat that i saw from the planet i was on exists always travelling across the universe.... so what if i had some kind of vessel that i could travel at the same speed as this packet of data, would i exist in the same space and time as this packet of data? could i speed up or slow down the vessel to exist in other packets of light data?? also i quite strongly believe that even if time travel were possible u could only go as far back in time as the day the device used to travel was created, for instance if i made a machine to do this a year ago today then thats as far back as i could travel, this is because any further back and the machine would not exist hence only being able to go that far back, but if someone were to go back in time lets say to 1900ad and stopped the king of italy Umberto I from being assassinated the whole story of the world would have panned out very differently to how it is now so..... would we still exist? would we become a a new branch of reality as we already exist as a packet of light data, there are many questions to this theory but as always it can neither be proven nor disproven.. thanks for reading my ramblings

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join