It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why i think time travel is impossible

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by MAC269

ok i can see how time travel can be possible but i still dont think we can change anything significant

like its engineerically possible we could build a time machine that works and send people or rovers or robots or whatever back in time

but physichally impossible since we cant kill hitler because of the infinate loop and the already happened paradox in the OP

there fore i now say time travel is "half possible"

[edit on 28-3-2010 by ashanu90]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Son of Will

truly this subject is a thought inducer ive never seen so may posts in so short of time (funny that i mention time)

thank you for posting

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ashanu90

Dear ashanu90

Nothing is ½ possible unless you are referring to travel into the future which is the part that has been proven.

If so you are agreeing top travel to a place that in our time line has yet to come. While still saying that travel to the past in impossible. We know for sure that there was a past.

What did you think of the big computer idea???

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ashanu90
reply to post by altamash

so do you mean that paradise is exclusive to one omnipotent sentient being or we can all be god or a god of sorts?
or nothing like that at all?

we are all 'gods'. The entire creation is one infinite system. The source is simply infinitely looping back to itself. We are the food for the source, its how god nourishes itself. Everything in creation is alive because its based on consciousness and we are but holographic replicas of the source. As is above so is below. the atoms are like our solar system and the electrons, the planets.

A soul has many extension of 'self' much like a jellyfish's tentacles, each of them locked into a world experiencing life and its all happening simultaneously. Even you are not who you think you are, your soul is like a higher self, more powerful then you could imagine and you have many 'selves' experiencing realities elsewhere. They will all merge into one someday and all souls merge into god/source full of fresh experience and then shoot back out infinitely looping.

My point being....Creation: never started, never ends, its all happening in the ever eternal now, there is no begining nor an end.

Which is why the 3 major religions of the world say that "GOD" always was and always IS. No one created it and it never dies.

You gotta understand the concept of time is nothing but an illusion of the human mind. Everything is NOW. We experience 'time' because we are not what we used to be.

We were the whole dvd once but now somebody pressed 'play' so we have forgotten that we are the dvd from the begining to the end. To understand this better we were a complete circle but now we're a point on that circle which is in motion going round in a circular path. It has everything to do with the missing dna.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by MAC269

What did you think of the big computer idea???

it is strange new territory for me im not sure what to think of it
however it is compelling and i am interested in hearing more about it

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   

other beings expieriencing different realities?
im not sure if im interpereting this correct but we are all god and do not know it and somewhere outside time and space we are watching over our selves

or that theres this one god and we are all a part of him and maybe there are other gods for alien planets and alien souls and maybe they hang out or communicate somehow or even have some sort of ethereal uncomprehensible society?
the brain cogs are spinning faster

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by MAC269

here is my understanding of your theory
that way off in the future there is a super computer of epic proportions and that it has so much RAM and bandwith and stuff that we havent even thought up yet that it can manipulate time telecomunicate with human beings from all times and even aliens far far away
and either this computer is messing with us for fun or it is programmed to communicate with us and teach ways to live or to set up things for some distant future super government
im not sure its all new to me

was i correct or even close?

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Dear ashanu90

Sorry no but nice try.

Please remember this is not from me but some PHD.

The computer is not messing with us we are in the computer in order that people of that time can travel back in time.

In other words the whole reality as we know it is just an advanced computer program.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ashanu90

other beings expieriencing different realities?
im not sure if im interpereting this correct but we are all god and do not know it and somewhere outside time and space we are watching over our selves

or that theres this one god and we are all a part of him and maybe there are other gods for alien planets and alien souls and maybe they hang out or communicate somehow or even have some sort of ethereal uncomprehensible society?
the brain cogs are spinning faster

The source for all is one and source is at the 7th level, we are at 3rd currently, plants and animals 2nd and minerals, micro-organisms 1st. Its like being smartest at 7th and dumbest at 1st. As you move higher you get better and know more and can do more stuff and understand creation with a new perspective.

The area of time travel is hard to imagine until you have a machine but even than its limited to what it can actually do. If it only goes back to some alternate reality then you're not changing your own time. If it actually goes back in your own timeline and you alter it, im sure many beings will disagree with your edit of the shared timeline and will prevent you or do something else altogether. Thats what im trying to say that just because you have a time machine does not give you full power.

So its fruitless to think about changing history or the grandfather paradox. Rather if i had a machine i would go in the future rather then the past. And besides your original question was whether time travel is actually possible, you can prove this by two ways, go to a psychic and find out your future and if it comes true then you know that somehow the future can be viewed. Or by a dream in which you see the future.

Now again i want to clear something that the future is never fixed and you can only predict up to a certain point with 100% accuracy but as you move higher in the realms you will be able to see much further into the future and so on.

Basically if future can be predicted then why cant time travel or moving thru alternate realities or even transportation not be possible ?

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by MAC269

................................the matrix?

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   

so how do you move up to the next level and exactly who and what are these beings of the next level? and do we become them?

do the metaphoric tentacles of the jellyfish have several leveles to them as well?
i drew a pic of what i think you are talking about
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3fb1edefc99c.png[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   

where i said collective conciousnes of one being i think i should have said all things but maybe not, with wat this is saying, i am you and you are me and we are steven segal and o'bama and ghandi and richard nixon and hitler and bruce campbell and mike judd and micheal jorden and albert einstein and everyone we meet on the street

is that closer to what your saying?

[edit on 29-3-2010 by ashanu90]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   

michio kaku one of the top physicist of our time (and a personal hero of mine) disagrees. just check out his article from his site on the physics of time travel here. mkaku.org...

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
krill i will have to check that site out some time

as for everyone else were getting way off topic im going to start another thread about this different layers of existance stuff

[edit on 29-3-2010 by ashanu90]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
hey guys i set up a thread to discuss reality i dont know how to hyperlink it but im sure you can find it

its called
what is reality?

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Dear ashanu90

Now you say matrix.

Well I have never seen it; the trailer was sooooo bad I just ignored it as total rubbish.

However you are not the first to say this so maybe I should at least try and watch it.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Dear ashanu90

Now then if it is reality that you want to take about try this one.

There is another PHD who is considered by other PHD’s to be on the level of Einstein and Hawkin who suggests that concusses ness is the only reality.

In other words nothing exists until someone observers it. Nothing.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   
If time travel was possible. We would already know about it because someone would have come back and told us by now.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

but what if a future super government doesnt want us to know about it?

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by MAC269

i have to tell you its a difficult movie to follow but i think it describes what you are talking about

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join