It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why i think time travel is impossible

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ashanu90

Dear ashanu90

Ok sorry but time travel is a fact, it has been achieved by orbiting astronauts, ok only a fraction of a second but it proves beyond doubt that it is possible.

So sorry but time travel is FACT.

However you’re OP is also correct. If Hitler had been killed we would all have grown up knowing that. Therefore you would not go back in time to do so.

So perhaps there is something to suggest that while traveling in time you can not alter events.

I just love the subject it really make you think.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by MAC269

thank you for posting
i think i know what you are talking about with the orbiting astronaughts how time is slightky slower or faster in space i don't recall which i think that asian scientist guy on the science channel talked about this but i never would have considered it time travel

im going to have to think about this for a little bit.....
indeed it is a thought inducing concept

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
i wonder if however i could go back in time and kill hitler if the parodox thing didnt work then the soviets would have taken the nazis place like in command and conquer

[edit on 28-3-2010 by ashanu90]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Dear ashanu90

This possible technology is so dangerous in the wrong hands and guess what I have no idea who the right hands would be.

The video of the laser time machine of the previous page is a good example. It would seam that this is just around the corner.

The question come when in the future it the machine is still on and working would he dare send anything significant back. By significant I mean something that will affect his now present in that future time.

A lot of the PHD’s think time travel is possible so who am I to argue with them the question is will we dare use it???

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ashanu90
reply to post by altamash

so are you saying time travel is possible and thatthe higher up dimensions could possibley allow this?
well if time travel is possible then we could change history any we wanted so there can be no divine destiny, so there couldnt be an all knowing all powerful sentient being pulling the strings of everything

Yes if you had a time machine, you could do whatever you can up to your limits but maybe some thing might not be allowed. Higher controls the lower just like how we can control the animals, plants and minerals. You can hurt or be mean to an animal but a 'good' person would not do that. There is two sides, positive/negative, yin and yang and this would lead to an entirely new subject but it has to be considered.

Yes there is no divine destiny, if there was then the outcome would be known. This is just an 'everything is allowed' game (free will universe). If you can do something, do it. We are only confined to the limits of our own power. But whoever is more powerful then us can also dominate and have its own way. It like a human breaking up 2 dogs fighting. Good beings fixes things in a positive way and so on.

All knowing/all powerful sentient being doesnt want to pull the strings, thats like making your own story, whats the point of that, wont you get bored ?

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Possibility and belief go hand in hand. If you do not believe, then it is indeed impossible.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by MAC269

well i wouldnt say im arguing with PHD's im just throwing my theory on table to see what others will think of it and by that perhaps even improve it

PHD's are impressive no lie there but anyone can be a scientist but it helps to have a degree

just like anyone can be an electrician if they have the knowhow but dont have the degree

so ya im probably just a tiny ripple in the ocean of science and theories but sometimes ripples can effect things maybe a PHD will see this thread and say "hey that makes sense" but i wouldnt count on it
i think im ranting thanks for posting

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   

i'm thinking that your saying if there is a god then its probably not the christian god or maybe any god humans have imagined but very interesting this
the brain cogs are turning!!!!
thanks for posting

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Dear ashanu90

So being that T/T has already been proved. That means that there is in fact a future, proved.

We know there is a past.

Therefore it is reasonable to speculate that all time has already happened.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by MAC269

im afraid i dont follow

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Try looking at time like a old vinyl record. Everything that has happened or will happen is all there , but the present is where the needle is at the moment. Now say that you did discover a way to go back in time. Any thing that you change has always been changed in this time continuum , hence there is no paradox.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   

This is by far the worst post I've read to date. Maybe you should stick to lurking on ATS and spare us you're BS theories!!

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Dear ashanu90

Personally I like the idea again from a PHD which says that at some point in the future computers will be so powerful that they can reproduce the entire universe in the computer enabling them at a future date to visit any point in the past.

The point being here is that we may just be electrons in one of those machines.

God is just the future computer operator. Think about it, it makes all the mysteries of this life possible.

I just love that one. However it really pissis off the religious. May be that is why I like it so much.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemooone2
Any thing that you change has always been changed in this time continuum , hence there is no paradox.

but if that is true and everything is changed instantly you may as well not go back in time
you go back in time and do some thing
but that already happened so theres no reason to do
then it didnt happen
endless cycle

im not sure if im right or if i interpereted what you said right, correct me if im wrong

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   

yes thats why i didnt use a capital "G"

Whats funny though is why the need to change history ? All possibilities exist: pick what you want, and believe me you will 'someday'. Imagine having the ability to edit or revisit your life, re-experiencing good moments, replacing bad memories with good outcomes. All of that till you get bored of it and finally start doing whats more important in the higher realms, wouldnt you call that paradise no ?

There is an important and responsible job those guys are doing in the higher realms which is why the planet hasnt been obliterated yet. That asteroid belt you see between mars and jupiter was once a planet named Tiamat/Marduk and many other names from ancient history. That was the fate of those beings with too much psychic power.

Check Cassiopean Transcripts and the RA Material, the pdf ebooks are available for free online

Here is an interesting video for you:

Edit: fixed youtube links

[edit on 28-3-2010 by altamash]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by mackey1224uk

This is by far the worst post I've read to date. Maybe you should stick to lurking on ATS and spare us you're BS theories!!

well then YOU explain time travel
if not then it is perhaps YOU who should stay lurking
and spare these nice people your unpleasant and pointless banter

BOO!!!!HISSS!!!!!

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Dear ashanu90

Ok you have the laser thing about to go on line, once on line it fill up with data from the future. This would prove beyond doubt that there is a future.

We know there is a past we have even lived through part of it.

Past future they have all taken place already.

I do hope that helps.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   

my computer is quite slow so it will be a while until i can watch those
but thanks anyway

so do you mean that paradise is exclusive to one omnipotent sentient being or we can all be god or a god of sorts?
or nothing like that at all?

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ashanu90

Originally posted by bluemooone2
Any thing that you change has always been changed in this time continuum , hence there is no paradox.

but if that is true and everything is changed instantly you may as well not go back in time
you go back in time and do some thing
but that already happened so theres no reason to do
then it didnt happen
endless cycle

im not sure if im right or if i interpereted what you said right, correct me if im wrong
Im not saying that you could not change the future , just that if you do the future has always been changed because you went back. There is no paradox and no splitting off into a alternate universe .

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I like this thread =) It really makes you think logically about the issue.

I think there is NO way to time travel - into the past. Someone above mentioned astronauts time travelling, and technically yes, the faster you travel the slower time passes relative to a stationary observer. Some astronauts orbiting at 20,000 MPH or so, have gained a few seconds. Not exactly what the OP is referring to.

Okay, here it is. To exist, you must have parents. If you could time travel to before you were born and kill your parents, then they never created you, and you never went back in time to kill them. If you still exist after killing them, then you would have no parents. You can't travel back to the future, because now, you never existed there.

Despite what some claim, changing a past event wouldn't make the universe instantly re-align itself to the new conditions. It can't - the new conditions are 100% reliant upon the agent (original universe version of you) initiating the change in history. If you come from a universe that no longer exists, then you simply do not exist either.

It's difficult to explain but the OP is totally correct. Time travel (into the past) is BS.

However, a discussion of time without discussing quantum physics is not going to be accurate. But nobody understands it, not even the top physicists of our day. So, though necessary to the conversation, it really can't be introduced in a meaningful way.

[edit on 28-3-2010 by Son of Will]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join