It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why i think time travel is impossible

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
i love you man, i've been trying to tell these knuckle heads for 2000 years that you can't travel back or forth in time but they just bring out these very convenient theory. i have even traveled back in time to the point where time traveling was first conceived in the human mind to try and stop it but they already had a theory to debunk my super genius mind.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanko

who pays attention in school lol? i watch the history channel though

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ashanu90

Well I am sorry for your sake man, best of luck in the future

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ashanu90
reply to post by SaturnFX

interesting another guy would just pop up....

so what if we went back in time and nuked all of germany?

Or take it a step further and destroy the entire earth via death star, wouldn't that create some sort of super paradox?

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by DOADOA

wow thats a major bummer man lol

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
The GRANDFATHER paradox collapses on itself for the reasoning is chicanery.
You go kill your grandfather , therefore you do not exist, but you do not go back in time now , there fore your grandpa DOES exist and you are creating. Rinse . Repeat.

THe fallacy in the reasoning here is the logic that as soon as the grandfather dies you also do not exist would automatically make the presumption that past action had no consequence and that Grandfather would remain alive. What would reverse the act of murdering the grandfather? YOu not existing is a direct correlation to killing the grandafther meaning you would not exist in THAT time period in that plane of existence. It would not erase your being in that time field or plane of existence you have traveled from other taht when you return, iF you could you would return to world in which you may have not existed until you time traveled back.

Your Grandfather would not magically be immune from your past actions and neither would you. But events cannot occur logically in which you stated them. The past event would not be muted by change , just the future would. What you state is that the future effects the past and that cannot be true.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanko
you guys scare me a bit!

Don´t they teach you anything in school these days?

Japan take over europe??? Japan had lost the war and GIVEN UP when they got nuked and where in an alliance with the nazis.

Well sure, after the changes, thats how it reads.

Your not following the subject, are you?

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
It kind of proves that the universe is deterministic...

If its deterministic then someone wrote the program...

All of the high convulated theories to the contrary will not change that... Where are all these future people???

Guess they are all in an alternate universe huh?...

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by hippomchippo

Or take it a step further and destroy the entire earth via death star, wouldn't that create some sort of super paradox?

Depends on the timewave point....perhaps in the vastness of the universe, our tiny world matters little overall..perhaps not. Would the complete destruction of our world effect the zetan empire or whatever else is out there...perhaps not enough to matter.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by hippomchippo

YES lol
no more immorality of humans
but then if you went back in time to destroy the world but you didnt exist so you didnt go back in time to destroy he world but since you didnt destroy the world you went back in time to destroy the world but it goes on and on and on

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by IamBoon

maybe if you do the grandfather paradox deal then you loop and loop and loop and eventually the fabric of reality unthreads and we all stop existing

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   

interesting but maybe sometime in the future we make important trade with the zetan empire or go to war and woop their arses or they woop ours then i think earth history is important in the universe
but maybe not maybe we could go back in time and screw up their history

this has nothing to do with the thread does it?

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   

reply to post by AccessDenied

what are you talking about and if people can manipulate this how? and where did you find out? are you in on it? who do you work for? cia? kgb? fbi? the illumanti? the morman tabernacle quoir? i need answers

i was being silly with the who do you work for part don't take that part seriously

I research, I cross reference, I believe none of what I hear and half of what I see..and I know that common knowledge, is a drop in the bucket of ALL knowledge.
No joke, no government influence, and no religious beliefs...
HARDCORE science.
Do not believe that all theories are not possible, or that all possibilities are just theory.
* Much to learn young Jedi...

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanko

Exactly, that is why the movies "Terminator" are stupid.

Why did they not send the terminator back to the 1800´s and annihilate the entire connor family before it began?

Now you're getting "stupid". The Terminator movies are great sci-fi and Cameron did a terrific job in the first one , of making you think "what if" the machines got smart? Who cares about the reasons they went to L.A. and "when". Get off the weed and out of your mothers basement. It was entertainment!

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Well look at it this way...The future trumps the past, and the future is what makes the past irrelevant.
We live in the middle of both of those worlds: We live in the present.

So try to wrap your head around that and consider this scenario:

We look at the time line the wrong way. We think one individual past action can alter the entire future of society.

You, by yourself, go back in time and kill Hitler right now, no strings attached with parallel universes and such nonsense. You kill him before he rises to power, and before he kills the Jews.

By traveling back into 1942, your present becomes the year 1942. So it would look just like the world today, in all honesty. You would have the same perception, just everything around you would be different.

So your caught in the same scenario. Except what sets you apart from everyone is that you hold knowledge of the who/what/when/where/why of what the result of his actions would be.

So here are the two possible things that happen:
You come back to the time now--And because of a result of your actions, because you killed him, everything has changed. There was never a war, and perhaps lets say that society lived in peace and harmony.

Now here you come strolling in...telling the tale of how you killed Hitler, the man that could have destroyed the Earth. And everyone, including the people you were working under would hear you say this and instantly lock you up in a looney bin. Game over. You lose...you think you changed humanity, but all humanity did was make you think what you did was all dreamed up in your head.

Or

Look at it this way. You come back after killing Hitler, but it was the past. The past is not altered by mearly one event like the future is. The past is a collective progression of human beliefs. So for you to change the future, you would have to change that moment, and every moment leading up to the world we live in today.

So you kill Hitler...but the text books of the future don't change unless you change them. And the only direct link between people now and then is reproduction.

If your alive, obviously your family was not killed by the Nazi's....but it happened. Why did it happen? Because you were told it happened. Books, Videos, all proved it happened. But who is to say the present government didn't just stage all of this information?

So what do you take out of this? I know if someone ever offers me to time travel...I surely wont do it

Don't worry about how you can change the past. Just change the future with the present.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
If you ever had a dream of seeing the future about yourself on more then one occasion and it came true exactly how it happened in your dream, that is the first experience to convince anyone that the 'bubble' of a world that we live in not just a sphere that goes round and round but it could be in a tube among other bubbles all attached like pearls on a necklace.

The grandfather paradox makes no sense if infinite parallel timelines are to be considered however the truth could be that we live in some kind of 'original timeline' while every other timeline is just possibilities ad infinitum. I believe that higher realms control the lower and in order to make changes, holographic inserts are edited into the timelines.

Now why the grandfather paradox doesnt make sense is because if you ever built a time machine, how do you know that you're actually going back in your own time ?

...and even if you did do you think the higher ups would let you edit everyone's realities ?

The fact that we have free will leads to non-deterministic outcome. Our choices are like us picking up a section of possible reality and its being constantly fed into the original timeline. Its all happening in the the ever eternal now.

If i were god, and i made 7 densities, each made up of my own being, in order to make things interesting and not knowing the outcome, id have to give everyone free will. That way they have an infinite set of choices to choose from and if infinite beings do that constantly, starting from 1st density all the way back to the source, i would end up with a dvd for my movie colleciton in which the outcome wasnt known.

Look at it this way, infinity is like a jigsaw puzzle, you dont see the whole picture till you assemble it. Do you think the infinite god/creator/source would exist if it knew every outcome ? i mean what would be the whole point then. We are feeding the source with our experience.

As for paradoxes in time travel and such, all i can say is that its not our 'time' yet. We'll play with such things starting from 4th density. And if you dont know what that is then you have'nt done your homework.

We arent even allowed to go venture into space and you want time travel lol, we need to learn to become responsible as a race before our 'former glory' is restored. Google 12 stranded dna to know what i mean.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

could you give the thread some sources please?

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
i think i understand everything you said except this;

Originally posted by Nostradumbass

So you kill Hitler...but the text books of the future don't change unless you change them. And the only direct link between people now and then is reproduction.

well if i killed hitler before he killed the jews then why would there be textbooks on the holocaust if it never happened?

[edit on 28-3-2010 by ashanu90]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by altamash

so are you saying time travel is possible and thatthe higher up dimensions could possibley allow this?
well if time travel is possible then we could change history any we wanted so there can be no divine destiny, so there couldnt be an all knowing all powerful sentient being pulling the strings of everything

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join