It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why i think time travel is impossible

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanko
reply to post by SaturnFX

Exactly, that is why the movies "Terminator" are stupid.

Why did they not send the terminator back to the 1800´s and annihilate the entire connor family before it began?

you might have screwed up everything by saying that now you gave the machines the idea

lol

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ROBL240

I think were only limited by our physical capabilities, we could theoretically send machines (eg rovers) back into time, but not Humans.

but then the rovers wouldnt have even been on a floppy disk or cd in the 1800s so wih your logic wouldnt they just disapear?

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ashanu90

Originally posted by SaturnFX

and don't anyone even start with parrelell universe this or that if you go back in time your going back in your time not some other universes

parallel universes...there...said it...whatcha gonna do about it.

Anyhow, you also forget the timewave correction theory...aka, you go back in time to kill hitler, but you simply cannot do it for whatever reason...the cosmos is against you. However, what you do realize is that by going back, nerfing the assassination, and get locked up, hitler questions you and becomes interested in the future...decides he wants to control this new world, and so starts invading everywhere...also, because you were sympathetic towards the jews, he decides you must have been controlled by jews from the future, so decides to start killing mass amounts of jews to create a future without much influence...your moves then mirror exactly what needed to happen to begin with and you...in going back to kill hitler, actually became a key contribution as to why you wanted him dead to begin with.
action/reaction universe.

if i tried to assasinate hitler and got locked up wouldnt that make it to where i did not go back in time since i was trapped in the past? idk im probably wrong

I would like to point out here that there were actually...
42 attempts to kill Hitler.
So that leads me to think that this Hitler guy was really really lucky or TPTB had counter-intuitive measures to thwart these attempts, and so they sent Black Ops back in time through a Stargate. No Hitler meant no Nazi Scientist which means no Alien Technology, No Atom bomb, No war. War=Money

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ashanu90

First off Hitler was killed anyways..

But yes you could go back and kill hitler (even if I do not understand how you would have got to him)

But then you would start a new timeline with its own future so nothing would change here for us in this timeline.

There must exist an infinite number of parallel universes aka timelines if timetravel should work

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by dPD89
I love the OPs rationale as to why he believes time travel is impossible. You say not to mention parallel universes, but you give no reason as to your reasoning as to why parallel or multiple universes can't exist. The existence of parallel universes is just a theory to avoid the grandfather paradox.

but my reasoning IS the grandfather parodox

so how do parrelell universes exist? and how do we get to them? is it just two universes like in futurama?(one a normal universe and one a cowboy universe) lol dont take that last part seriously

Well, theoretically, we don't and can't get to them, we simply create them by travelling back in time. Of coarse this is just a common theory to side step the grandfather paradox. Lets say you travel back and kill hitler, like in your example, since you've travelled back a separate timeline has been created, so in the 'original' universe, it carries on as normal, but in the universe that you have just created, the timeline starts from where you have travelled back to.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   

so we cant go back in time and kill hitler at all?

Heres the issue.

You went back in time to kill the murdering bastard whom tried to take over the world..you killed him as a baby and voila, done.

You come back to your own time, all sure of yourself..You proclaim to everyone that you in fact did kill the german tyrant of world war 2. Hans Gerfritz died at your hand...they will wonder who the hell that is, You slap your head, seeing that as you took one out, another popped up in his place and did the same exact thing...you go back and kill this new guy, his name is Lund Stromgrad...another dead...come back and they dont know who that is, Hitler was the tyrant...you give up and realize you can kill a billion people and someone will still pop up and do the same thing over and over because it is a solid point in time that cannot change...the minor details can, but the actual timewave point cannot.

That is just as plausable as anything else (and from a story I read also which one may actually wonder if it is just a story to begin with)...but point is, there are points in history that are unmoveable...like a wave on the ocean coming in, you can mess up a tiny bit of it, but it corrects itself and carrys on as it was before your influence hit it..just wraps around you and carrys on as if you never existed.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Epsillion70

wow.....damn....thats....wow

i know that ww2 got us out of depression but i never thought about that
but my paradox how does that work for your theory?

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Epsillion70

and don't anyone even start with parrelell universe this or that if you go back in time your going back in your time not some other universes

parallel universes...there...said it...whatcha gonna do about it.

Anyhow, you also forget the timewave correction theory...aka, you go back in time to kill hitler, but you simply cannot do it for whatever reason...the cosmos is against you. However, what you do realize is that by going back, nerfing the assassination, and get locked up, hitler questions you and becomes interested in the future...decides he wants to control this new world, and so starts invading everywhere...also, because you were sympathetic towards the jews, he decides you must have been controlled by jews from the future, so decides to start killing mass amounts of jews to create a future without much influence...your moves then mirror exactly what needed to happen to begin with and you...in going back to kill hitler, actually became a key contribution as to why you wanted him dead to begin with.
action/reaction universe.

if i tried to assasinate hitler and got locked up wouldnt that make it to where i did not go back in time since i was trapped in the past? idk im probably wrong

I would like to point out here that there were actually...
42 attempts to kill Hitler.
So that leads me to think that this Hitler guy was really really lucky or TPTB had counter-intuitive measures to thwart these attempts, and so they sent Black Ops back in time through a Stargate. No Hitler meant no Nazi Scientist which means no Alien Technology, No Atom bomb, No war. War=Money

Or the had doubles? Look at Saddam hussein he had a couple of them.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   

But yes you could go back and kill hitler (even if I do not understand how you would have got to him)

But then you would start a new timeline with its own future so nothing would change here for us in this timeline.

There must exist an infinite number of parallel universes aka timelines if timetravel should work

but i meant kill him before he even started the nazi party
you know before the swatstika, before hitler youth, etc

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   

but i meant kill him before he even started the nazi party
you know before the swatstika, before hitler youth, etc

Before the swastika? you should read some history dude.

Anyways even if you killed hitler the same movement would have kicked off anyways in some other shape and form, if you read history the jews have been very unpopular with their hosts for over 2000 years.

So maybe these things would happen anyways but maybe with some other dude than hitler.

capice?

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Most of the greatest minds would disagree to an extent.

Wormholes are a hypothetical warped spacetime which are also permitted by the Einstein field equations of general relativity,[24] although it would be impossible to travel through a wormhole unless it was what is known as a traversable wormhole.
A proposed time-travel machine using a traversable wormhole would (hypothetically) work in the following way: One end of the wormhole is accelerated to some significant fraction of the speed of light, perhaps with some advanced propulsion system, and then brought back to the point of origin. Alternatively, another way is to take one entrance of the wormhole and move it to within the gravitational field of an object that has higher gravity than the other entrance, and then return it to a position near the other entrance. For both of these methods, time dilation causes the end of the wormhole that has been moved to have aged less than the stationary end, as seen by an external observer; however, time connects differently through the wormhole than outside it, so that synchronized clocks at either end of the wormhole will always remain synchronized as seen by an observer passing through the wormhole, no matter how the two ends move around.[25] This means that an observer entering the accelerated end would exit the stationary end when the stationary end was the same age that the accelerated end had been at the moment before entry; for example, if prior to entering the wormhole the observer noted that a clock at the accelerated end read a date of 2007 while a clock at the stationary end read 2012, then the observer would exit the stationary end when its clock also read 2007, a trip backwards in time as seen by other observers outside. One significant limitation of such a time machine is that it is only possible to go as far back in time as the initial creation of the machine;[26] in essence, it is more of a path through time than it is a device that itself moves through time, and it would not allow the technology itself to be moved backwards in time. This could provide an alternative explanation for Hawking's observation: a time machine will be built someday, but has not yet been built, so the tourists from the future cannot reach this far back in time.

en.wikipedia.org...

Its from wiki, but look them up individually and you will see that they are all real, I just didn't want to spend my time doing it for you.

you go back in time to kill hitler, but if you did that hitler would never have been a problem and you wouldnt have gone back in time, but since you didnt go back in time, hitler became a problem so

As for this James P. Hogan's The Proteus Operation fully explains parallel universe time travel, where it has Einstein explaining that all the outcomes already exist and all time travel does is change which already existing branch you will experience.

read my signature....

[edit on 28-3-2010 by Pajjikor]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   

interesting another guy would just pop up....

so what if we went back in time and nuked all of germany?

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Anyways even if you killed hitler the same movement would have kicked off anyways in some other shape and form, if you read history the jews have been very unpopular with their hosts for over 2000 years.

So maybe these things would happen anyways but maybe with some other dude than hitler.

capice?

ok i know the swatstika was a viking idea so maybe i should have said before the tilted swatstika

it didn't have to happpen if we constantly monitered time but that would probably be a bad idea

[edit on 28-3-2010 by ashanu90]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   

then you would be hitler... what the # are you talking about nuking countries are you 13 years old or what?

You probably think nuking hundreds of thousands of children and women in Hiroshima was a splendid idea?

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Well, we nuked Japan before they took over all of europe...then great, Germany picks up the slack...didn't think that one through.

Thing is, if someone changed the history, then there would be no way to find out what changed as it would simply be called history.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   

reply to post by Epsillion70

wow.....damn....thats....wow

i know that ww2 got us out of depression but i never thought about that
but my paradox how does that work for your theory?

Well I would have to ask TPTB because hey after all it was they that invented or back engineered(from ET's) all this TT technology with their Nazi Scientist etc.
Though I am not sure what I would find them under in the White pages???

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   

capice?

ok i know the swatstika was a viking idea so maybe i should have said before the tilted swatstika

it didn't have to happpen if we constantly monitered time but that would probably be a bad idea

Well no it is an indian thing the swastika.

en.wikipedia.org...

but anyways why would you monitor time? would it not be easier to tell the early jews to stay in their region instead of expanding into Europe and NA?

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanko

well you misinterperit me i never said that was a good idea, it was a what if question you know?

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Well, we nuked Japan before they took over all of europe...then great, Germany picks up the slack...didn't think that one through.

Thing is, if someone changed the history, then there would be no way to find out what changed as it would simply be called history.

you guys scare me a bit!

Don´t they teach you anything in school these days?

Japan take over europe??? Japan had lost the war and GIVEN UP when they got nuked and where in an alliance with the nazis.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanko

i could have sworn the swastika could be found in/on/around old viking tombs
but yeah hitler did twist alot of culture's ideoligies

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join