It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why i think time travel is impossible

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
why is everyone having deluded fantasies about meeting your gpa back in the day?
first off if time travel is possible then to go back in time would be incredibally insanely expensive
not just anyone would be allowed to go back in time you could screw something up majorly by sneezing on a t-rex or sitting on a dish(that was from the simpsons but the point remains valid)
the governments would never ever let regular joe go back in time or forward for that matter
secret agencies would go back in time and change history to their liking
time travel is probably impossible with my theory here it is

you go back in time to kill hitler, but if you did that hitler would never have been a problem and you wouldnt have gone back in time, but since you didnt go back in time, hitler became a problem so
you go back in time to kill hitler, but if you did that hitler would never have been a problem and you wouldnt have gone back in time, but since you didnt go back in time, hitler became a problem so
you go back in time to kill hitler, but if you did that hitler would never have been a problem and you wouldnt have gone back in time, but since you didnt go back in time,

its impossible you see?

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I do not believe it is possible.

but if it would just spawn a new branch of history, meaning parallel universes.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 28-3-2010 by Hanko]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
and don't anyone even start with parrelell universe this or that if you go back in time your going back in your time not some other universes

ive heard some people say that, ive also heard something about "if your in a time machine then it doesn't matter because this or that" i don't even completely remember what was said but i do remember that it didn't sound very intelligent

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanko

why would that make a parrelell universe?

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
It's not only possible, but has been done, is being done and will be done.
Past, present and future all exist at the same time, as time is not linear.
There are those who know this, and are able to manipulate and "jump" from one time to another.
We are not just observing a time shift now, or even waiting for one to occur again...
Timelines have been altered over and over..by those who wish to oppress and rule.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ashanu90

Because you can not alter current history without running into the paradox you mentioned above.

So if it is possible, which I doubt PU´s are the only way to do it

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Of course time travel is possible.

1.. 2.. 3..

there ya go, I just travelled 3 seconds into the future.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

what are you talking about and if people can manipulate this how? and where did you find out? are you in on it? who do you work for? cia? kgb? fbi? the illumanti? the morman tabernacle quoir? i need answers

i was being silly with the who do you work for part don't take that part seriously

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanko

Because you can not alter current history without running into the paradox you mentioned above.

whats a PU?

link   

Originally posted by ashanu90
and don't anyone even start with parrelell universe this or that if you go back in time your going back in your time not some other universes

parallel universes...there...said it...whatcha gonna do about it.

Anyhow, you also forget the timewave correction theory...aka, you go back in time to kill hitler, but you simply cannot do it for whatever reason...the cosmos is against you. However, what you do realize is that by going back, nerfing the assassination, and get locked up, hitler questions you and becomes interested in the future...decides he wants to control this new world, and so starts invading everywhere...also, because you were sympathetic towards the jews, he decides you must have been controlled by jews from the future, so decides to start killing mass amounts of jews to create a future without much influence...your moves then mirror exactly what needed to happen to begin with and you...in going back to kill hitler, actually became a key contribution as to why you wanted him dead to begin with.
action/reaction universe.

link   

Originally posted by selfisolated
Of course time travel is possible.

1.. 2.. 3..

there ya go, I just travelled 3 seconds into the future.

MIND........BLOWN

lol jk

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   

whats a PU?

Paradox universe. Aka, go back in time to kill your grandfather, no you, therefore nobody goes back to kill grandfather, therefore he creates you, etc...the infinate loop is called a paradox.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Anyhow, you also forget the timewave correction theory...aka, you go back in time to kill hitler, but you simply cannot do it for whatever reason...the cosmos is against you. However, what you do realize is that by going back, nerfing the assassination, and get locked up, hitler questions you and becomes interested in the future...decides he wants to control this new world, and so starts invading everywhere...also, because you were sympathetic towards the jews, he decides you must have been controlled by jews from the future, so decides to start killing mass amounts of jews to create a future without much influence...your moves then mirror exactly what needed to happen to begin with and you...in going back to kill hitler, actually became a key contribution as to why you wanted him dead to begin with.

interesting like when carlos mencia went back in time to stop curt cobaine from killing himself/killed by wife
but then actually causes it
but would all these things really happen?

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Exactly, that is why the movies "Terminator" are stupid.

Why did they not send the terminator back to the 1800´s and annihilate the entire connor family before it began?

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   

whats a PU?

Paradox universe. Aka, go back in time to kill your grandfather, no you, therefore nobody goes back to kill grandfather, therefore he creates you, etc...the infinate loop is called a paradox.
oh i see

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   

if i tried to assasinate hitler and got locked up wouldnt that make it to where i did not go back in time since i was trapped in the past? idk im probably wrong

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
You could only go back in time to the point to when you know you was actually going to be.

eg. you was born in 1984, but went back in time to 1901, you'd die because you wouldn't have existed in 1901.
But IF you knew you was going to be going back in time say November 12th 2009, and a few days later you did the experiment and went back in time to that date, you would be aware you had gone back in time knowing that was the case.

I think were only limited by our physical capabilities, we could theoretically send machines (eg rovers) back into time, but not Humans.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I love the OPs rationale as to why he believes time travel is impossible. You say not to mention parallel universes, but you give no reason as to your reasoning as to why parallel or multiple universes can't exist. The existence of parallel universes is just a theory to avoid the grandfather paradox.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ROBL240
You could only go back in time to the point to when you know you was actually going to be.

eg. you was born in 1984, but went back in time to 1901, you'd die because you wouldn't have existed in 1901.
into time, but not Humans.

so we cant go back in time and kill hitler at all?

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by dPD89
I love the OPs rationale as to why he believes time travel is impossible. You say not to mention parallel universes, but you give no reason as to your reasoning as to why parallel or multiple universes can't exist. The existence of parallel universes is just a theory to avoid the grandfather paradox.

but my reasoning IS the grandfather parodox

so how do parrelell universes exist? and how do we get to them? is it just two universes like in futurama?(one a normal universe and one a cowboy universe) lol dont take that last part seriously

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join