It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leaked CIA Report: "Public Apathy Enables Leaders To Ignore Voters" In Waging Endless Wars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Leaked CIA Report: "Public Apathy Enables Leaders To Ignore Voters" In Waging Endless Wars

www.infowars.com

A leaked CIA report says:

Public apathy enables leaders to ignore voters.

The report is discussing apathy among the French and German people to their countries’ involvement in the war in Afghanistan, but the same is true to the apathy of Americans towards the Iraq and other wars as well.

For a little background on the manipulation of public opinion, see this and this.

CIA Afghanistan
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
If i have said it once i have said it a million times the Government does not serve the people any more. It is rouge. It is serving its own ends. We must help make sure that this article goes "super nova"

Also we MUST protect wikileaks. The pentagon has already said they want it closed. Wikileaks is a tool used by those who wish to do good, by those who wish expose corruption. This is just the newest example of how wikileaks helps we the people and how the government only serves it self.

www.infowars.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Hows that for a kick in the teeth?

I do believe TPTB and all its entities are indeed trying to stirr trouble.

Maybe they will clean up the water and get rid of all the drugs and fluoride perhaps someone will answer their call then?

[edit on 28-3-2010 by dgtempe]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
cant say that I am surprised
we all know sh/it happens
but thanks for the reminder

S&F

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
As well as debating this on the web, tomorrow we should all be paying a visit to the local offices of our elected representatives, demanding (politely of course) to know what they are playing at by staying so quiet.

Take a printed copy of the report with you, hand it out to the staff at these offices, and ask them if they are happy with this. Ask them if they are happy that we are being lied to, that they are helping to corrupt the communities we live in.

Ask everyone you can. Spread this message far and wide, not just here on ATS, but via leaflets under windscreen wipers, drop into your local police station and chat to the constables there. Tell them what's going on. Ask if they are happy with this. Ask everyone you know....

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Vinveezy

I think a lot of people have known this for a while.

I don't find the content matter of the report disturbing at all. Rather that it was actually done.

It's like stating the obvious after millions of taxpayer dollars.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Star And Flagged.. great find...

Well someone in a sense called me out on it so I will give part of one post.

I am secretly starting a one mans hearts and minds campaign.... On everyone in the world who comes here.

Yes all sources of material, that are non biased must be protected.

I could do my usual treatment of basing on what I read and see I will not in this case. Just consider this....

Will they day come here soon where the commerce clause will be used to overturn free speech.

Op i think on some things we have disagreed so politely I know this might be one of them as well.

The door although has been there in opinion someone has opened it. again.

reply to post by ripcontrol

Its good story just replace guns with written words.... and associated references....

Legislatures meet constitution

I have nasty feeling this will be coming over the 1st amendment. The broadcasters for the conservative middle management rulers of our empire are saying this...

FCC nazi's

pick one or two and read...

The precedent that has been set is this...

***painting your glasses a little******

A successful so far planned assault that some members of america did not want.

The precedent was that it used all of SCOTUS rulings and federal mandates to implement its rulings above the concerns of some.

The old saying is this...

They came for my neighbor because .....X

Whos next? It is about power for now, when is the next reached coming. It is an internal debate within myself..

Will it be free speech or will it be guns?????

That my friends is the question...

Look for an arrest to be made over reading or possession of classified documents... Via wikileaks

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
"It is not my problem", "That does not concern me", "They will never do that","That will never happen", "That is impossible", "You have been watching too much TV", I could go on and on but you get the point. I do not care what the subject is you get the same reply. It could be anything from the heath care bill to time shifts. It does not matter the reply is the same. People live in there own little world of make believe pretending everything is as it should be. It is time for people to wake up and look out side at the world for what is going on. People, it is time to grow up and enter the real world, you are not 5 years old any more. That is the real problem with everything that is happening today.
And what will they say when the day comes they find them self in jail for no heath care or wake up and fine them self in another time line where the sky is green. They will say things like "How was I to know?", "No one told me" and so on. It really does not matter what you do or do not believe but not to even listen think about it is not going to end well at all. I do not know what is or is not going to happen in the next few years but I am willing to listen and think about it. To bury your head in the sand and pretend it is not there just leaves your rear up in the air for the loins to feast on. PEOPLE, WAKE UP AND GROW UP BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE. If it is not too late already.

Sorry for the rant but I just had to get that off my chest

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Once again you have been duped... if you only read the headline you would think that is what the document actually said... but it doesnt...

It says "Why counting on apathy may not be enough".

Reading Is Fundamental.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   

What i find interesting, is wikileaks had this and held it. until it was apparent the CIA was after wikileaks going down.

I wonder what else they are holding as bargaining chips

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Hard at work tax dollars.
Apathy not enough? Try CIA Brand Fluoride for a quiet, docile population! You'll be glad you did!

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

MMM, yeeah, I'd rather not pay my government money conclude they must propaganda their waning friends to partake in the Afghanistan black-hole.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop

What i find interesting, is wikileaks had this and held it. until it was apparent the CIA was after wikileaks going down.

I wonder what else they are holding as bargaining chips

Well I am sure after April 5th, if they follow through, they will need all bargaining chips they have. That being said, I hope WikiLeaks delivers on the 5th and they come out with whatever they have. We all know once they do this there isn't any going back, and if they don't air out everything they have, there is a large chance they never will. The small chance being that they have already made many copies of all files they have and have put them in the hands of the right people who can come out later and expose them.

Edit: Spelling...

[edit on 29-3-2010 by Smell The Roses]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
old, it was already posted here I am sure ... search I think

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
What I love about the document is the "NOFORN" tag which means "No Foreign eyes" are supposed to see it. Oh well! LOL.

Anyway the document seems to be more concerned with how foreign support could melt away if the Afghan war begins to show up on peoples radar.

Gee, yah think?

Some Brainiacs at work in the CIA for sure.

But really does this really suprise anyone? Lets get Americans angry about healthcare instead (which is a tiny fraction of the cost of our wars) and lets keep people worried about the economy (if the war money was pumped in job creation I wonder what would happen?) and that should lock down America but those darn Europeans, they are a flighty, liberal bunch, what are we going to do about them!

LOL

Good stuff.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Is that any new?

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I like your article but I can give two #les about Alex Jones. He'll take a story and twist it up, break it in half and coat it with some hot sauce or he may even make some stuff up. I USE to fallow him and read his articles but about a year into it I found alot of his stories were exagerated, he's an attention whore and he's probably just doing this for money anymore.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
While reading such posts I can't help but remember what one of my military training instructors tried to stress to all of our unit.

" The United States Constitution is the great defensive wall for all Americans. It will never be breached by an invading army - rather it will be disassembled one brick at a time by those who seek power over the people rather than fulfilling their service to the people. It is the honor and duty of all who serve this country to preserve the words and intent of this document".

This was Master-Chief Oblongski, USN, in January of 1964, not long after the assination of JFK. I think more and more of his prophetic words.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vinveezy

I will not criticize the CIA for making accurate, albiet obvious, observations.

I prefer it to the alternative...when the CIA provides innaccurate, poorly supported "intelligence".

[edit on 29-3-2010 by maybereal11]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Here is the whole document.

This classified CIA analysis from March, outlines possible PR-strategies to shore up public support in Germany
and France for a continued war in Afghanistan. After the Dutch government fell on the issue of dutch troops in
Afghanistan last month, the CIA became worried that similar events could happen in the countries that post the
third and fourth largest troop contingents to the ISAF-mission. The proposed PR strategies focus on pressure points
that have been identified within these countries. For France it is the sympathy of the public for Afghan refugees
and women. For Germany it is the fear of the consequences of defeat (drugs, more refugees, terrorism) as well as
for Germany’s standing in the NATO. The memo is an recipe for the targeted manipulation of public opinion in two
NATO ally countries, written by the CIA. It is classified as Confidential / No Foreign Nationals

file....__._/file/cia-afghanistan.pdf

new topics

top topics

join