It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bomb kills man and injures girl in Greek capital Athens

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Bomb kills man and injures girl in Greek capital Athens

news.bbc.co.uk

A bomb has exploded outside a public building in the Patissia area of the Greek capital Athens, killing a man and injuring a girl, police sources say.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Could this be the first part of a revolt by the "peasants" of the world. I know that this country has been through alot in the last few years, but with speculation that the UK and the US are next when it comes to the economic downturn, is this an example of what will come in our regions?

Is this the beginning of the revolution? Perhaps this is part of the revolution that seems to have started in the US already? Perhaps this is what will fuel the groups elsewhere to do the same?

Keeping the peace,

Magnum

news.bbc.co.uk

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
things are starting to get heated across the world.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
That's too bad and I hope this doesn't start a trend. There is so much history in and around Greece that can never be replaced. I know, I know, civil unrest. It's just unfortunate that it has to go that far, and can't be solved without violence.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazyinthemiddle
That's too bad and I hope this doesn't start a trend.

That's my main worry... Because we know the problems this would cause in the US... It has a very violent history when it comes to revolt and change...

Magnum

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Magnum007

Could this be the first part of a revolt by the "peasants" of the world.

Erm just for the record ... the Patissia area of Athens is near the center and is quite the nice urban neighborhood. In fact I grew up quite near there. Not much in the way of either farms or peasants in the vicinity.

From what I read in the article they're still not sure who is responsible or who the intended target was, so perhaps calling it the first part of 'peasants' doing anything is a little premature.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

Could this be the first part of a revolt by the "peasants" of the world.

Erm just for the record ... the Patissia area of Athens is near the center and is quite the nice urban neighborhood. In fact I grew up quite near there. Not much in the way of either farms or peasants in the vicinity.

From what I read in the article they're still not sure who is responsible or who the intended target was, so perhaps calling it the first part of 'peasants' doing anything is a little premature.

I did not mean peasants in the literal way. I meant the way that the big governments see us, the normal people who make up 98% of the earth...

Magnum

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Could this be the first part of a revolt by the "peasants" of the world. I know that this country has been through alot in the last few years, but with speculation that the UK and the US are next when it comes to the economic downturn, is this an example of what will come in our regions?

Is this the beginning of the revolution? Perhaps this is part of the revolution that seems to have started in the US already? Perhaps this is what will fuel the groups elsewhere to do the same?

Keeping the peace,

Magnum

news.bbc.co.uk

does the revolution include murdering a little girl? because thats what it is...murder.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alien Mind

Keeping the peace,

Magnum

news.bbc.co.uk

does the revolution include murdering a little girl? because thats what it is...murder.

That was, I am hoping, an unintended innocent victim...

Magnum

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazyinthemiddle
That's too bad and I hope this doesn't start a trend. There is so much history in and around Greece that can never be replaced. I know, I know, civil unrest. It's just unfortunate that it has to go that far, and can't be solved without violence.

What has non-violent protest ever achieved? The words of proletariats mean nothing to politicians who are much more adept at language.

Violence induces change. People are usually only reduced to using violence if they are pushed into a corner with no other options for survival. Naturally, they will strike back or die. To the West, this is called "terrorism".

It must be easy for people to judge radicals for randomly bombing and hiding, but what about the people who they are fighting? The rich who pull strings sit back in secure buildings, eating caviar and drinking champaigne as the world burns around them.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Well its no 911 for Greece yet.
That will take quite a lot for the alqeda brain trust to do anywhere again.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne
That will take quite a lot for the alqeda brain trust to do anywhere again.

You must mean the AlBushda... The same group that did 911... On topic now, the problem is not that they need a 911-like attack, they simply need a revolt from their own people to cause a stir up in the rest of the continent... Then it could spill over here...

Magnum

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
You are making far too much out of nothing here I'm afraid.

The bomb was intended for a government building, where it was left outside of in a garbage bin.

A girl was not killed, she was badly injured. Her older, 15 year old brother was killed, and their mother received minor injuries.

They were from Afghanistan.
The girl found the bag, which had the bomb in it, and her brother took it, and that's when it went off. They most likely didn't even know there was a bomb in it.

The group responsible is a left wing group calling them selves Conspiracy of the Cells of Fire. They have claimed responsibility.

The group from what I can gather is about the plight of illegal immigrants.

Nothing to do with revolution I'm afraid.

The revolution, if it happens, wont come from the people, it will come from the armed forces. They understand better then anyone how the government is selling out the country and the people, rather then doing what is in their interest. They sent a pretty stern message recently in front of government officials. Let's put it this way, if the politicians weren't sell outs and more or less traitors, most of the foreign policy issues for Greece in the region would not exist because they would have been settled years ago. But the government being the traitors they are and not doing what's in the country's interests, restrain the armed forces.
But as they restrain the armed forces from protecting the nations interests and territorial integrity and sovereignty to their fullest ability, the provocations and threats grow each day, and the enemy grows more confident and bolder in their moves.

This wont go on for ever, a time will come when the armed forces declares enough is enough. That time was nearer then most people think, that's why the last chief of the armed forces was replaced hastily and unannounced. Because contrary to the governments wishes, he ordered exercises on the Aegean Islands as a clear message to certain people on both sides.

Anyhow I've gone off topic, but there is no revolution in Greece. And even if there was one, the last people to lead it will be the far left wing extremist groups responsible for the bombings against government buildings.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by BLV12

So i guess the recent bombing's in the past months and the current financial situation along with the navy vessels are not coincidental. If not, then why were there officials dispatched last week. Officially embassy staff. oops did i mention something i shouldn't have, ooops didn't wiki have leaked files on this....hmm.....

It makes you wonder.... No ?

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   

That will take quite a lot for the alqeda brain trust to do anywhere again

From an external fov, the nation may seem radical, from an internal aspect they now exactly who farts,#s, sleeps and thinks. This nations is one tuff nut to understand.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

What has non-violent protest ever achieved? The words of proletariats mean nothing to politicians who are much more adept at language.

Ask Ghandi, and Martin Luther King. While I can appreciate the vitriol, and relate to your frustrations...the system operates on controlling violence, by applying violence. The "hippies", activists and reformists of the 60's achieved plenty by applying the principles of non-violent protest. Putting flowers in gun barrels, how can a national guardsman react to such a gesture?
It was only after the protest had been turned violent that those trying to stamp out budding revolution could achieve their goal, because they finally had something they could relate to and retaliate against.

Then again, I have always said that "dissent within the law" is an oxymoron of staggering proportions. I just cannot see the growth, change, or evolution of consciousness in replacing one bloody paradigm with another bloody revolution.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by tristar

What are you on about?
What ships were dispatched?
What officials? What embassy staff? From what country?
To were where they dispatched?

Small bombs have been let off long before the current financial crisis.
Targeting the government and banks.

Are you going to try and tie that into this too now?

I know this is a conspiracy site, but really now..

These bombings by these far left groups are an attempt to further their own agenda at a time when they perceive the government to be weak.
They use current social issues in the country as excuses for their actions to try create an atmosphere in the country that is suitable to them and difficult for the government.

[edit on 30-3-2010 by BLV12]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by tristar

That will take quite a lot for the alqeda brain trust to do anywhere again

From an external fov, the nation may seem radical, from an internal aspect they now exactly who farts,#s, sleeps and thinks. This nations is one tuff nut to understand.

I'm not an expert on Greece but would NATO get involved if the
terrorism got out of hand.
We could make it the olive state.
ED: Along with the Poppy State and so many more in the future.

[edit on 3/30/2010 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Milleresque

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Then again, I have always said that "dissent within the law" is an oxymoron of staggering proportions. I just cannot see the growth, change, or evolution of consciousness in replacing one bloody paradigm with another bloody revolution.

Non-violent protest in the past century has achieved only acceptable standards, in terms of what western powers have in mind for their people. MLK gained equality for his race in the US because the US would've been isolated anyway by the international community for its racist policies. Ghandi was another story however.

This was the past though. The modern world has crossed the line and we are left with a choice: keep destroying ourselves until we no longer exist, or destroy those in charge so the rest of us can survive. There is no longer a non-violent option.

Remember, activism is not a choice but a duty.

top topics

join